This is an Android 7.1 custom rom for Nexus 4 that fully integrated Gapps. (Pixel Launcher, Google dialer, Contacts, Webview, backuptransport, etc.. )
- Almost same as Pure Nexus Stock image.
- Enabled SEAndroid, No Rooting feature provides for security reason.
- All build scripts are opened on github
- 3G data is disabled as default for user that has cheap data plan. But you can enable on data setting menu.
- Stock rom users can use this rom without perform reset userdata partition. (In theoretically, it can be applied to other custom rom users, but not tested. )
- Nougat version is still unstable. Please use at your own risk.
Some apps can be crashed (ex: firefox, games using unity, etc...)
- Camera app shows invalid orientation on preview screen
- User switch feature is not working. It should be fix in next release.
- Please see FAQ
1. power down
2. press power and volume down button, and your nexus 4 will go fastboot mode
3. connect usb cable with your PC
4. run fastboot for flashing
If you are using stock factory image or already use this rom.
$ fastboot update occam-img-20160108.zip
$ fastboot -w update occam-img-20160108.zip
Dec/06/2016: 20161206 (testing)
Nov/08/2016: 20161108 (deprecated)
Nov/03/2016: 20161103 (deprecated)
Nov/01/2016: 20161101 (deprecated)
Oct/25/2016: 20161025 (deprecated)
- Integrate Wallpaper picker on Settings
- Integrate Google Backup & Sync on Settings
- Integrate Google Storage Manager
- Add Gesture menu on Settings
- Enable color temperature setting in developer options
- Use Ustwo wallpaper as default
- Add Google Wallpapers
- Stub apks can show round icons
Oct/21/2016: 20161021 (deprecated)
- Update to NDE63P(android-7.1.0_r4)
- apply pixel bootanimation, sounds, white navbar
- apply latest pixel launcher
- apply rounded icons for launcher
- Note: it is not capable to use google assistant. :P
- Note2: apps are not odexed, so, boot speed can be slow.
- Note3: default ringtone, alarm, and notification sound is changed.
If you cannot hear these sounds, please set manually.
Oct/05/2016: 20161005 (deprecated)
Oct/04/2016: 20161004 (deprecated)
Sep/30/2016: 20160930 (deprecated)
- Remove useless binaries and save space for system partition
- apply qualcomm specific build macros
- tune codec configuration for legacy binaries
Sep/26/2016: 20160926 (deprecated)
- switch to debuggable build.
No more several apps might be crashed . but lesser secure.
- revert to 320dpi as default
Sep/23/2016: 20160923 (deprecated)
- debuggerd can dump stack when app is crashed on native code
- Use Pixel launcher as default home
- set 352 dpi as default
- sign with release key
- Refactor scripts to build other device(Nexus 5)
Sep/07/2016: 20160907 (deprecated)
Sep/05/2016: 20160905 (deprecated)
- Rebase device tree from @zaclimon V4
- Remove w/r permission from vidc encoder device to all
It seems while mediacodec server open vidc encoder, camera server cannot use hardware encoder, and cannot record video stream.
- Fix facelock funtion
- Update widevine drm binary blobs from bullhead.
It might prevent to crash mediadrm and media service. But I cannot be sure it can play drm contents.
- Switch to user build.
- Enable cpuset
- implement exclusive core feature with simple mpcpusetd. @xenyz hints to me how to implement. Thanks.
- Tune cpu governor while booting
Aug/29/2016: 20160829 (deprecated)
Aug/28/2016: 20160828 (deprecated)
Aug/02/2016: 20160802 (stable)
Jul/07/2016: 20160707 (deprecated)
- update to MOB30P (android-6.0.1_r50)
- replace google photo as stub for reduce rom size
- update google apps
Jun/07/2016: 20160607 (deprecated)
- update to MOB30M (android-6.0.1_r46)
- apply kernel security patches
- update latest gapps
- remove korean ime
May/03/2016: 20160503 (deprecated)
Apr/12/2016: 20160412 (deprecated)
Apr/05/2016: 20160405 (deprecated)
Mar/21/2016: 20160321 (deprecated)
Mar/09/2016: 20160309 (deprecated)
- sync sources properly and rebuild
Feb/02/2016: 20160202 (deprecated)
- update to MMB29Q (android-6.0.1_r11)
- update latest gapps
- setupwizard property typo fix ( reported by @jolas )
- add hdcp binary blobs ( reported by @xenyz )
- update opengl binary blobs (Jan 2016 qcom update)
Jan/08/2016: 20160108 (deprecated)
- update latest gapps
I hope it could resolve Input Method issue.
Jan/05/2016: 20160105 (deprecated)
- update to MMB29O (android-6.0.1_r7)
- apply latest callmealdy kernel
- Remove SysV IPC from kernel
- fix leak of kernel memory to userspace
- update qcom opengl binaries
Dec/10/2015: 20151210 (deprecated)
- fix Google LatinIME to enable swipe gesture.
In 20151209 version, this rom used latinime from n7 factory image, and it had some problems when try to input with swipe gesture.
So I replaced with latinime from n5 factory image.
It is binary change, so there is no git commit link.
Dec/09/2015: 20151209 (deprecated)
- update latest gapps that includes latinime
- remove duplicated sound resources
- add Google Connection Service and Nfc Provision
Dec/08/2015: 20151208 (deprecated)
- update to MMB29K
- remove unnecessary patches
- replace to stub package for DeviceAssist to save storage
MMB29K image is slightly bigger than olders.
- add Stk package as requested from @MarvinOl .
but cannot tested, because my mobile operator is not supported.
- update apn list
- update latest gapps
Nov/21/2015: 20151121 (deprecated)
- Update adreno drivers (Nov 2015)
- Update media codec profiles from flo
- Apply audio resources from Nexus 5X (same things, but it is smaller than aosp stuff)
- Apply memchr optimize patch
- Apply patch that make surface buffer allocation asynchronous
- Apply workaround for GoogleCamera3 crash
- apply libcore patches for speed up finalize daemon and object reference from aosp master
- apply skia patches for using NEON from codeaurora
Nov/08/2015: 20151108 (deprecated)
Nov/07/2015: 20151107 (deprecated)
- Switch to MDB08M (tree for Nexus 5x/6p)
- Update resources and properties for MDB08M
- add Dialer workaround for MDB08M
- fix Audio HAL for MDB08M
- apply recent gapps
- MRA58V(Nov 2015 security patch level) applied
- update kernel configurations for android recommands
- add init.occam.rc (but it is empty yet)
- remove invalid EAP-SIM support
Oct/30/2015 : 20151030 (deprecated)
Oct/29/2015 : 20151029-1 (deprecated)
- All locales are available!!!
- Also All (Stub) Gapps are available, too
- Enable full odex (except prebuilt gapps) to reduce first booting time
Oct/25/2015 : 20151025 (deprecated)
- stock rom users can be transitable to this rom without perform clear userdata partition
- enable minikin text layout engine
- fix gps hal build
Oct/24/2015 : 20151024 (deprecated)
- fix a2dp bluetooth profile.
- fix calendar sync problem (If calendar app is crashed, Please perform Settings -> Apps -> Calendar -> Storage -> "CLEAR DATA")
- add several locales (sk_SK ar_EG pt_BR)
- add version codes in gapps build rules
Oct/21/2015 : 20151021 (deprecated)
- update adreno gpu driver (Oct/2015)
- apply @CallMeAldy mako kernel
- apply memcpy, memmove patch from codeaurora
- apply flashlight torch mode bugfix
add "Press power button twice for camera" menu in Accessibility Setting (it will be removed after MDB08I source code opened)
Oct/16/2015 : mra58k (deprecated)
- initial release
Before you ask something about this rom
- Please read this article at first..
If you cannot read English well, it's okay. There are many translations of this article.
This is a very famous article for beginners that want to solve their problems.
- Please DO NOT ASK via Private Message or Mail as described as upper article.
I cannot reply all messages and I may not understand all your problems.
If you post your question in this thread, any others can tell about your problems.
- If you want to report your issue with this rom specific, please share bugreport data.
You can gather bugreport data with following methods.
Turn on USB debug feature, connect with PC, and run this command
$ adb bugreport > bugreport.txt
Go to Developer options, select Take bug report. After several minutes, notification will be shown to share data.
Stable (Aug/02/2016): https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732235260
Testing (Dec/06/2016): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767121028
fake_nexus, ROM for the Google Nexus 4
Source Code: https://github.com/ganadist/vendor_f...ree/nougat-dev
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: 20160802
Stable Release Date: 2016-08-02
Current Beta Version: 20161206
Beta Release Date: 2016-12-06
Last Updated 2016-12-06