This kernel is a kernel based off of Franco's kernel with patches from various other sources, such as faux123, motley, Code Aurora Forums, Linaro, and others, to add features, stability, and optimization to the kernel.
- Hotplug control (franco)
- fsync toggle (franco)
- vibration control (franco)
- headphone control (franco)
- logging toggle (franco)
- franco's gamma control options (franco)
- per-app power modes (with franco's app) (franco)
- dynamic kernel governor settings (franco)
- cpu voltage control (franco)
- sweep2wake (showp1984 + faux123)
- "simple" GPU governor (faux123)
- GPU overclock to 600mhz (exp version only) (faux123)
- fauxSound compatability (faux123)
- speaker amp control (faux123)
- Android scheduler enhancements (faux123)
- ZRAM enhancements/fixes (faux123)
- USB fast charge support (motley)
- Codel Net Scheduler (anarkia1976)
- MSM OTG support with external power (exp version only) (ziddey)
- few extra MB of RAM from logger (dorimanx)
- wireless driver enhancements/fixes (CAF)
- topolgy drivers updated to linaro (linaro)
- various board updates (CAF)
- max readahead pushed to 512
- warning fixes (LaboDJ)
- default TCP congestion algorithm is Westwood
- default I/O scheduler is ROW
- default CPU scheduler is interactive
- numerous linaro patches (linaro)
- GCC 4.8.2 (SaberMOD)
- patched to Linux 3.4.51
- numerous further optimizations from CAF/Linaro
Normal version contains the features above
Exp version contains features above + MSM OTG with external power and GPU OC to 600mhz support
Note: The majority of the code in this project is not by me, nor am I claiming to be by me. I'm just a high school kid who slapped this kernel together for myself and people have prodded for me to release it.
I will not be accepting donations of any kind for this kernel. Seriously, don't. I didn't write the majority of this kernel's features. All I did was compile it into one single, streamlined kernel. Instead, donate your money to the people given credit above. I don't need your money (I'm in high school) and I don't want it either
Show your appreciation by hitting the thanks button and/or following me on twitter @rohanXm
Will you add ___________ feature from ___________ kernel?
Ask nicely in the thread if it has not already been asked for and I'll determine what to do from there.
Kanging is bad, you butt!
Don't use this kernel if you don't want to. All credit both here and on github was given to their respective authors, and I don't claim to be making this kernel for my benefit.
OMG HALP my WiFi keeps dropping zomg why???
Attach a logcat of it entering deep sleep and dropping a connection.
My phone is bootlooping, WTF man?
Flash the reset kernel before flashing this kernel, because some kernels use non-standard ramdisks which are incompatible bigtime with this kernel.
How do I control this kernel?
Franco's kernel control application has 100% compatibility with this kernel, as this kernel is based off his kernel. Faux's kernel control application has approximately 70% compatibility or so, as things such as intellidemand-specific parameters (Snake Charmer, Eco Mode, etc) are not yet available. Also, although color control works, gamma control does not work in faux's app. I've heard that TricksterMOD provides a good balance of tweaks available and that most things can be controlled from that app, but I have not tried it myself.
-franciscofranco for the base
-faux123 for his numerous kernel features/patches
-LaboDJ for the supercharged base
-bhanvadia for his patches
-motely for his patches
-SaberMOD for their optimization-related commits
-showp1984 for his sweep2wake commits
-dorimanx for his patch
-CAF/Qualcomm for their dedication to the open source community
-Google for being awesome
SOURCE is available HERE