Attn Mods please lock it up.
Translators Needed: Dutch, Croatian, Swahili, anything. PM for template. It's easy to translate!
STILL BUILDING FOR NEXUS 4, though I don't have a N4 myself any more. I decided to build it for the Nexus 4 since it runs so perfectly on my other phones. BeanStalk based on Android 4.3 absolutely flies with smoothest performance and optimizations at every level. Now we're looking at a polished, fun ROM that should make any performance enthusiast happy. Many hours has gone into making BeanStalk the best ROM for the N4 and I hope you like it.
Thx @techfanatic9 for the video
Unique to this Nexus 4 port:
- Aroma GUI installer interface offering optional components and enhancements
- Multilingual installer (English / Español / Deutsch / Eesti)
- VR Theme by eng.stk
- made with real butter (rBGH-free, no GMO)
- ....and moar!
I am proud to present to you the BeanStalk ROM created by scott.hart.bti. This is a build based on CM10.2 with the addition of some high quality features. You get speed, stability, ultimate battery life and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from Slim ROM and Derteufels kernel build and have been modified. A huge thanks to them for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project.
Feature List.... Its a long one and growing every day!
- CM based
- Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
- Ultimate battery life through optimizations
- Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Customizable Lockscreen text color
- Lockscreen rotation
- Option to enable all widgets
- Minimize lockscreen challenge
- Use widget carousel
- Slider Shortcuts
- Static Lockscreen shortcuts
- Lockscreen button actions
- Listview Animations
- LCD Density
- Scroll elasticity options
- Default App grip option
- Custom Carrier label
- Option to show network usage stats
- Dual Pane options
- Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
- Status bar color and transparency
- Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
- Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, hide signal icons completely
- Breathing SMS and missed calls options
- Battery styles - Includes all the best colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
- Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
- Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
- Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
- Kill app back button with customizable timeout values
- High end graphic effects option
- option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
- Low battery warning customizable options
- Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
- Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
- Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
- Less frequent Notification sounds options
- CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
- Enable/disable wake up on charge option
- Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
- CM Performance options and features
- About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to scott.hart.bti's twitter and donate.
- option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
- Numerous other options hiding throughout the build
- Many options of system font during install
- GApps with Photosphere
- Active Display
- Multiwindow display
Coming from other ROMs
- Use TWRP if you're having problems. Tested + working w/TWRP 184.108.40.206. Guaranteed CWM causes problems so DON'T USE CWM 220.127.116.11.
- Wipe Caches + Data / Factory Reset manually in recovery.
- If coming from leaked 4.3 then wipe /sdcard too
- Use at least 0.84 modem
- Install Rom
Coming from previous versions of my builds of BeanStalk
- Backup (eg. use Helium)
- Install Rom
- Ensure you're on 0.84 modem (minimum)
- If problems then flash again & choose "wipe /data"
- CHOOSE WIPE /data DURING INSTALL IF COMING FROM 4.3.1009 or earlier
- Halo floating mode and splitview are not compatibile
- recents ram bar may cause crash if locale isn't English
- Lockscreen transparency setting requires Custom Background Image
- Pie controls may need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly
- For ANY and ALL ViPER4Android questions plz see official V4A FAQ
- If you want to install a kernel on your own ALWAYS CHOOSE JSS with CAF, or else flash color fix.
- If in doubt choose all the defaults for an amazing Android 4.3 BeanStalk experience!!!!
Download the Latest, Greatest BeanStalk HERE!
NOTE: ZERO testing by me. There may be problems in there. Please report issues in this thread so I can fix them THANKS.
BeanStalk Build 4.3.1015:11/03/2013 <-- DOWNLOAD
- Patched HALO to make peace w Split Window
- Updated AK kernel
- Major additions related to telephony from CM
- Few Active Display cleanups/fixes
- Camera optimizations
- Multi-Window (Accessed from recents. Long press app and add to multiview)
- Option to enable Notification Light when screen is on
- Floating Window option
- Fliptile animation
- AOKP Custom system animations
- Battery level around lock ring (Did i list this last time?)
- Remote display framework support
- Density changer overhaul - improvements.
- Switched back to the custom MMS package with tons of customizable theme options. Listed under mms - settings - mms theme settings.
- Fixes and cleanups build wide.
BeanStalk source can be found HERE
SlimROM source can be found HERE
DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
Like what you see? Click the THANKS button and Donate to scott.hart.bti HERE