Well I am a purist and seek for minimalism. I love stock android, but with certain modifications that i like for improvement in functionality. But the specific set of features i wanted in rom , i couldnt find it in a stock rom. So i decided to build one myself with everything i needed. I have been building my own custom vanilla builds for a while and thought i could share my build with the community that has given me so much. May be there are people who seek these aswell and it might help them out a bit
Why Ras_vanilla base ?
Simple, it has all the magic carlo optimizations under the hood, i was certain i couldnt get the same performance using stock aosp sources. I actually thought i ll use RasSaber sources or SaberMod sources to build, but decided against it. To make these vanilla build, there were two options,
1. Easy way, make it look like vanilla by making settings, etc look vanilla, but there would still be a lot of customization commits and i dint like the idea of this.
2. Remove each and every custamization commit to make a true vanilla build. This is very very time consuming. so no.
And i thought it would be better the just build up from ground.
1. Volume rocker wake - always on without user configuration ( so that it looks stock ).
2. Network band selection fix in *#*#4636#*#*
3. Built with 4.9 toolchain and -O3 Cant stress on how quick it is
4. Clear all button in the recents menu.
5. Advanced reboot menu and screenshot in power menu.
6. Lots of tweaks.
+Check the change logs
latest TWRP is higly recomended
- full wipe if coming from a different rom, else skip this step
- wipe cache
- wipe dalvik cache
- flash zip
- flash gapps
- (opt.) flash kernel since it comes with stock
- log into google and let it sync
- fix_permissions (in terminal if your kernel supports the script, else in recovery)
- (opt.) reboot
July 05: - Milestone 1
July 14 Build 2:
Use rascarlo`s Gapps :
Any kernel should work just fine. I usually use just the stock kernel. But franco, SaberMod and Trinity kernels performed very well for me imo.
AOSP - For android.
CM - Incredible amount work that they have put to make android so much more better.
@rascarlo - For one of the best best rom i have ever used. And for his sources.
@sparksco - For help when needed and Brilliant rom that is just unbelievably quick and fast. Please consider donating to this guy, he puts unbelievable amount of work on his tool chain and lets buy him a beer
If, customization is what you seek, either of their rom is an excellent choice.
All others who have helped me in their own way to make this happen. Thanks.
To @MBQ_ for the space in his server to host the roms so that you people have unthrottled and fast downloads, Thanks man. Please consider donating to him so that he doesnt have to spend money from his pocket to keep up the server.
Rascarlo : https://github.com/rascarlo
SaberMod : https://github.com/SaberMod
Mine : https://github.com/sandy-achar
Report bugs, i ll try my best to sort it out.
June-23 - Build 2.
1. Clear all button in resents menu. - Put recents button in right buttom corner for better reach.
2. Advanced reboot options and screenshot in power menu.
- Fix blue icons in power menu ( derp )
- clean build.
- Improve scrolling cache.
- Smooth Spinners: Makes the loading "spinner" animation smoother.
- Reworked everything form the scratch.
- Lots and lots of optimizations.
And, Wait for it ..
- Built with 4.9 toolchain and -o3 optimizations finally - credits @sparksco
- Add T9 dialer.
- Advanced settings in phone for changing vibrate time , etc.
- Remove electron bean crt-screen off animation - No user configuration ( So that I dont add that in settings).
- Remove safe headset warning - No user configuration ( like above).
- Add rotation tile in quick settings.
- Added navbar height selection - in display
- Added battery percentage - in display
- Lot and lots of bug fixes and optimizations.
- Made Minimal gapps package and extras.
- Fixed navbar height bug.
- some more optimizations.
- Two gallaries while flashing 4.3_stuff over my gapps fixed.
July 05: - Milestone 1
- Reworked everything from scratch optimizing everything.
- Removed Navbar height for this build, still have to clean up some codes in it. Sorry
- So much more mem leak fixes and performance improvements.
- Removed my gapps and 4.3 package as its been nothing but hiccups to ruin the experience.
- Option to make volume rocker wake user configurable.
- navbar height added back
- quick change in notification menu between toggles and tiles by swiping
- Some bug fixes and optimizations
July 14 - build 2:
- New vertical gestures for halo
- clear all and silence for halo
- PA`s statusbar icons cause i felt it looked better.