FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ► [7.1.2] ► [mako] ► Nitrogen OS N ► OMS (Substratum) ► (21.APR.2017)

4,324 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,092

By nitin.chobhe, Recognized Contributor on 11th September 2016, 07:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from nitin.chobhe: If you have WiFi disconnection: Go in WiFi settings on router -> Encryption -> Set TKIP
  • For devices: E975, E975K/R/T, E977, E987, F180S/L/K, MAKO, Hammerhead, Shamu.
  • Authors build: @xyyx
  • Source code: https://github.com/nitrogen-project | https://github.com/nitrogen-devs
  • Developers: @xyyx
  • Thanks: all (Specially @zaclimon and @spezi77 for mako trees)
  • Google Apps: Open gapps 7.1 pico
  • Recovery: TWRP.

The rich functionality is based on AOSP, development was begun in September, 2016.

xyyx (Max) - main developer

Copy the ROM and Gapps on phone.
  • Go to your recovery
  • Wipe Data
  • Install ROM and Gapps zip (DO NOT FLASH SUPERSU, SuperUser is included in the ROM)
  • Reboot - 1st boot takes around 3-4 minutes.
For the guys who want to use SuperSu instead of the SuperUser, here is the unsu zip: http://xyyx-dev.ru/nitrogen-os/Nitrogen_msm_UNROOT.zip

Flashing process: Flash ROM, gapps, unsu zip, SuperSu and reboot

Points to note:
1. You'll get SuperSu in app drawer and it'll work without any problems
2. If you reboot your phone, the app icon will disappear from app drawer but SuperSU will still work.

Enjoy

If you are not indifferent, and you like our work, you can always support us. This will give us the incentive to make more and more opportunities in our firmware.
xyyx: PayPal
Mr.MEX: PayPal

None

None

Nitrogen Project | Nitrogen OS Devices

XDA:DevDB Information
Nitrogen OS N for mako, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
nitin.chobhe
Source Code: https://github.com/nitrogen-project

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-09-11
Last Updated 2017-04-22
The Following 129 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free

11th September 2016, 07:51 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
11th September 2016, 09:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Are you going to maintain this for mako?
Would be great
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom0769 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tom0769 Ad-Free
11th September 2016, 09:10 AM |#4  
Flag Ploiesti
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Congrats, I've flashed yesterday and it's working great, but I can't add Gmail account in Gmail application, don't know why, also videos can't opened, but it's first version, for sure you will fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to ClaudiuS_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ClaudiuS_ Ad-Free
11th September 2016, 10:17 AM |#5  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiuS_

Congrats, I've flashed yesterday and it's working great, but I can't add Gmail account in Gmail application, don't know why, also videos can't opened, but it's first version, for sure you will fix it

Gmail works without any issue, see attached screenshot.

Yes, video recorded via camera are not opening... It should be fixed in future builds. Apart from this I don't have any issue.

Nitin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160911-144501.png
Views:	6976
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	3871772  
The Following User Says Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
11th September 2016, 11:26 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Is this rom based on this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ougat-t3448444
11th September 2016, 12:10 PM |#7  
Flag Lublin
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiuS_

You have to manually add all permissions for gmail.
11th September 2016, 01:17 PM |#8  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matusala

Is this rom based on this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ougat-t3448444

The kernel if from @zaclimon but th ROM source is different (and link is shared in OP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomunho

You have to manually add all permissions for gmail.

It was not needed (at least for me)

Nitin
The Following User Says Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
11th September 2016, 02:31 PM |#9  
Flag Loutraki
Thanks Meter: 365

More
@nitin.chobhe,Hi,friend Christos Thimis(on G+) here,to flash i ought to follow exactly the op instuctions right?or a clean flash needed?bcoz i think on a clean flash we remain w/o system and then may be we have probs like refered on my post on g+ exceperienced w/zac's rom right?
Thanks a lot for first presentation of this rom by you hopping u remain the maintainer of.
Best regards, Christos
11th September 2016, 02:39 PM |#10  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by granazis

@nitin.chobhe,Hi,friend Christos Thimis(on G+) here,to flash i ought to follow exactly the op instuctions right?or a clean flash needed?bcoz i think on a clean flash we remain w/o system and then may be we have probs like refered on my post on g+ exceperienced w/zac's rom right?
Thanks a lot for first presentation of this rom by you hopping u remain the maintainer of.
Best regards, Christos

Hey hi, nice to see you here....

As you have nandroid backup, do this: Wipe everything except internal storage and then flash ROM, gapps and supersu.

It will work smoothly!

Nitin
11th September 2016, 02:52 PM |#11  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks for Rom, one question how about sound quality? I've heard that it is very poorly.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to bedson87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bedson87 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)