I've been compiling nightlies for personal use with my personal preferences included and since I noticed a lot of people run this setup I figured I'd share it, since it's pretty nice not to have to flash three or more zips every update.
This is meant to be an uncomplicated ROM with amazing screen calibration, good performance without having to fiddle with settings for ages and with the best new CM features.
- CM-10.1 UNOFFICIAL NIGHTLY
- libstagefright: support for disabling buffer metadata
- Harsh kernel [Linux 3.4.39]
- always up to date
- no need for configuration apps, runs great by default
- Hardcoded halfbreed screen calibration by molesarecoming
- the best looking screen calibration for the Nexus 4, amazing improvement
- automatically integrated into the kernel ('hardcoded')
- Nexus 4 default boot animation
- because I don't like CM-10.1 boot animation and of course we're all proud to be a Nexus owner.
I'm going to try to do daily updates to the ROM and the kernel and I'm open to cherry picks if you request them. Usually I don't add them myself, because not introducing bugs typically outweighs not having to wait for a few extra days. But if you guys have a special request I'll be happy to add it.
You can flash without wiping anything if you're coming from another CM-10.1 ROM or from a earlier version of this ROM (the CM install script wipes everything required automatically, wiping dalvik and cache isn't necessary). If you're coming from another ROM you probably don't need to wipe, but if you're getting errors try a clean install. Always do a NANDROID backup before installing!
Gapps are - as usual in CM ROMs - not included. You need to flash them the first time you install the ROM and every time you do a factory reset. You can download the most recent gapps here.
There will be versions showing on the servers that are still being uploaded. If you download files that are significantly smaller than usual you're most likely downloading half of a ROM.
I've also included an automatic upload script to my build procedure. This means that there will be builds appearing on goo.im that are experimental. Usually they'll be fine, but if you want to be sure, only download after the announcement in this thread.
Credits go to:
aremcee (as CM device maintainer for our device)
Harsh (for making the best kernel)
molesarecoming (for his amazing efforts on calibrating our screen)