[ROM][mako][7.1.2_r33][OMS] Pixel Dust for mako - FINAL Nougat build [19 August 2017]

Search This thread

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hope this is helpful, not really sure what to look for.
I see this error in the log:
07-12 13:43:34.868 W/GoogleSignatureVerifier(1449): Test-keys aren't accepted on this build.
07-12 13:43:34.869 D/AndroidRuntime(6444): Shutting down VM
07-12 13:43:34.870 I/DreamController(441): Starting dream: name=ComponentInfo{com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.doze.DozeService}, isTest=false, canDoze=true, userId=0
07-12 13:43:34.872 E/AndroidRuntime(6444): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
07-12 13:43:34.872 E/AndroidRuntime(6444): Process: com.google.android.music:main, PID: 6444
07-12 13:43:34.872 E/AndroidRuntime(6444): java.lang.SecurityException: Signature check failed for com.google.android.music

Try using some other music player and see if you get the same behavior?

The weather info in lock screen keeps showing loading weather info. I have weather info turned off.
Did you try restarting your device?

Nitin

Putzlappen

Nov 20, 2016
No mirrors found for the Rom

Got it now.. Sry for this post

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

94dfd580ee.png

Last edited:

Spike`

Feb 2, 2014
great rom

i have a problem with the latest version

i normally use the central nav bar button along with greenify to when long press it my phone will hibernate and turn off the screen but on this latest version when i long press it it shows my recents open programs

even setting it on accessibility to be Google or even None it will still popup my recent open programs

flashed over previous version and then clean flash it and the problem remains and it hasn't there the previous versions

its a bug or i have something that maybe cause this now? has for root i use latest version of magisk

ty for your work and waiting for feedback on this

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
great rom

i have a problem with the latest version

i normally use the central nav bar button along with greenify to when long press it my phone will hibernate and turn off the screen but on this latest version when i long press it it shows my recents open programs

even setting it on accessibility to be Google or even None it will still popup my recent open programs

flashed over previous version and then clean flash it and the problem remains and it hasn't there the previous versions

its a bug or i have something that maybe cause this now? has for root i use latest version of magisk

ty for your work and waiting for feedback on this

There is no such feature as hibernate with home button built in in the ROM. Check if you have defined something in Nav bar tuner

Nitin

Spike`

Feb 2, 2014
There is no such feature as hibernate with home button built in in the ROM. Check if you have defined something in Nav bar tuner

Nitin

sorry for the confusion, english is not my main language and i will try to explain it better

Its not because of the hibernate, lets forget that and greenify

By default android comes with long pressing the home button it will call google assistant, in android settings on a fresh install usually just has 2 options in there (Google and None)

The problem i'm having is even on a fresh install when i long press the Home Button it will show the Recents view (this problem only appeared on latest version). Even if i set on android settings to None (by default its Google) when long pressing the Home button will still call the Recents apps view

previous versions was fine, i flashed this latest version and this problem happened and i then clean flash it thinking of a bad flash but the problem its still there

the only thing i did on the clean flash was - Rom, BeanGapps and magisk 13.3

hope it was better understanding, thanks for the reply

Reactions: nitin.chobhe

spezi77

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
sorry for the confusion, english is not my main language and i will try to explain it better

Its not because of the hibernate, lets forget that and greenify

By default android comes with long pressing the home button it will call google assistant, in android settings on a fresh install usually just has 2 options in there (Google and None)

The problem i'm having is even on a fresh install when i long press the Home Button it will show the Recents view (this problem only appeared on latest version). Even if i set on android settings to None (by default its Google) when long pressing the Home button will still call the Recents apps view

previous versions was fine, i flashed this latest version and this problem happened and i then clean flash it thinking of a bad flash but the problem its still there

the only thing i did on the clean flash was - Rom, BeanGapps and magisk 13.3

hope it was better understanding, thanks for the reply
Solution is quite simple. Go to "Buttons Settings" and reconfigure the long press action for home button to launch Search Assistant (see screenshot).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170725-214544.png
    Screenshot_20170725-214544.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: ze7zez

Spike`

Feb 2, 2014
thanks for the reply

where is that? in pixel dust settings -> buttons i only have Volume Keys options (5 options in there)

thanks

Checked again the version to confirm once again, build date: 8 Jul and 5 Jul patch security

spezi77

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
thanks for the reply

where is that? in pixel dust settings -> buttons i only have Volume Keys options (5 options in there)

thanks

Checked again the version to confirm once again, build date: 8 Jul and 5 Jul patch security
Woops, it looks like we forgot to implement this stuff for mako. The screenshot was taken from my Pixel XL. Thanks for reporting it. We'll look into it soon... :good:

Karan.S

May 20, 2017
Gurgaon
I think the following options can be used for Greenify to use the home button.

Go to Settings --> Apps --> Gear icon on top right --> see if there is "Assist & voice Input" (if there is) --> tap Assist app --> select Greenify. You could also to make it quicker by searching for "Assist" in settings, it should show "Assist & voice Input" in the results.

Also, in greenify go to settings, make sure "long press action on nav-bar" is checked.

These steps should allow you to use the home button to greenify.

Last edited:

sudokamikaze

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2017
Rivne
I think the following options can be used for Greenify to use the home button.

Go to Settings --> Apps --> Gear icon on top right --> see if there is "Assist & voice Input" (if there is) --> tap Assist app --> select Greenify. You could also to make it quicker by searching for "Assist" in settings, it should show "Assist & voice Input" in the results.

Also, in greenify go to settings, make sure "long press action on nav-bar" is checked.

These steps should allow you to use the home button to greenify.

I'm using it with greenify, it work without this procedures

Quolli

Aug 8, 2013
Hi Nitin,

I'm enjoying the ROM so far but there is one customisation that I can't seem to work out how to change.

In the month view of Google Calendar days are written as "M. TU. W. THU. F." etc but I want it to instead be written as " M T W T F". I am certain this is a ROM-level feature as the official Google Play GCal screenshots use the single letters and the previous ROM I was using them displayed them as such too.

Additionally, the day on the lockscreen has a period whereas the Google Pixel lockscreen does not. I would like to not have the period displayed. Where would I go to change the way these are displayed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fabload.de%2Fimg%2Fpixeldust1k3ap6.jpg

Pixel Dust ROM is an Android 7.1.x ROM which @spezi77 has built for his Pixel XL based on his own taste.

The code is based on UBERROMS including tons of their tweaks and performance optimizations.
    I have compiled it with GCC-6.x and Clang 5.0.0.
    On top of this, we added a decent selection of the coolest custom ROM features that would've been missed if they hadn't been included.

I would highly appreciate that you leave your feedback, opinions or just say hello. If you encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not an app specific error), then please give as many details as possible.

BTW, please consider taking a logcat, because you know that:

Disclaimer:
    If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

Features:

General
    Android 7.1.2_r6 (N2G47F)
    * Security update: 2017-04-05
    * All Pixel features present
    * Pixel gapps are no longer included (the ROM is compatible with BeansGapps)
    * GCC: 6.x
    * Clang: 5.0.0

Display
    * Custom ambient display: SlimDoze 7.1.1
    * Enable/disable doze notification color inversion
    * Toggle dynamic notification title colors
    * HSPA+ icons
    * Pixel Dust Wallpapers (Breathtaking Space Themed Wallpapers)

Additional QS tiles
    * Night light
    * Screenshot
    * Caffeine
    * Brightness
    * Sound
    * NFC
    * Screen record
    * Compass
    * Assist
    * VoiceAssist
    * Language toggle
    * Peek notification toggle
    * Music
    * ADB over network
    * Weather (powered by OmniJaws)

Sound
    * Screenshot sound on/off
    * Update SoundTile for silent mode (volume down in silent enters DND)
    * Volume tone toggle

Security
    * Lockscreen PIN quick unlock

All further ROM Features can be found inside the Settings dashboard
    * AppOps (allows to view/change app permissions)
    * Pixel Dust ROM Settings (see list below)
    * Launch Substratum from dashboard (March version: root-less)
    * Launch SuperSU from dashboard (needs an extra flash)

>>> Pixel Dust ROM Settings include <<<
    Display/LED
    * Custom notification light per app
    * Lights with Screen On
    * Allow/Prevent notification light in Zen mode
    * Custom battery light
    * Wake on plug toggle

Status bar
    * Status bar icon whitelist
    * Custom clock and date settings
    * Custom battery display
    * Network Indicators
    * Statusbar weather
    * Statusbar brightness
    * Add VOLTE Icon

Quick settings
    * Custom tile animation options
    * Vibrate on touch
    * Brightness slider incl. option to en-/disable auto brightness icon
    * Disable on secure lock screen
    * QS tile titles visibility
    * Configurable QS columns/rows count
    * Custom QS header images
    * QS tile scrollbar (in edit mode)
    * Weather tile options

Buttons
    * Volume keys: power+vol up, volume button swap, music control, allow volume keys to wake the device
    * Kill app back settings

Navigation bar
    * One handed mode
    * Navbar on/off
    * Navbar dimensions
    * Navbar tuner
    * Dynamic navigation bar color

Gestures
    * Status bar dt2s
    * Navigation bar dt2s
    * Lock screen dt2s
    * Three finger screenshot
    * Partial screenshot

Lock screen
    * Show clock & weather information (OmniJaws)
    * Clock font
    * Fingerprint authentication vibration
    * Fingerprint unlock after reboot
    * Lock screen torch
    * Show lock screen alarm
    * Media cover art toggle

Power menu
    * Reboot
    * Screenshot
    * Screen record
    * Flashlight
    * On-The-Go mode
    * Airplane mode
    * Sound panel
    * User switcher
    * Settings shortcut
    * Device lockdown
    * Voice Assist
    * Assist

Recents apps
    * Immersive recents
    * Clear all FAB
    * Slim recents
    * Slim recents membar: Colors & longclick to clear
    * Slim recents app sidebar incl. icon pack support

Notifications
    * Power notification controls
    * Heads up (Snooze, Whitelist)
    * Show toast app icons (only for background apps)
    * Custom toast window animation + colors
    * Headset notification toggle

Misc
    * incall vibration options: allow setting vibration when call is connected, when call is disconnected and for call waiting
    * Scrolling cache
    * Wakelock blocker
    * Alarm blocker

Downloads:

Terms & conditions:
    By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I am not responsible in any way, shape or form of any damage done to your device. The Pixel Dust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.

* Pixel Dust ROM
    * Beans Gapps
    * SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822 (credits chainfire)

Installation guide:

Pre-requisites:
    *** You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations.. You won't defame or complain for your misfortunes.
    * Unlocked bootloader
    * twrp-3.1.0-0-mako.img

First time installing Pixel Dust ROM, or coming from another ROM (CLEAN INSTALLATION):
    1. Boot into TWRP Recovery
    2. Copy pixeldust_mako.zip + BeansGapps.zip (+ SuperSU - optional/if you want root) to your device
    3. Choose "Advanced wipe", then wipe system, data and both cache partitions (check everything except for "internal storage")
    4. Flash Pixel Dust
    5. Flash BeanGapps of your choice (mini)
    6. Flash SuperSU (optional)
    *** After this step you can boot to system
    ** If you are told to install a different vendor image, then reboot to TWRP before setting up the OS and flash the vendor image provided above, at the "Downloads" section
    7. Boot up the ROM, get signed in and everything and you're done.

Dirty flashing:
    The only difference between dirty flashing and clean flashing is that, to correctly dirty flash a new build, you WILL NOT wipe the data partition.
    So when you're at the "Advanced wipe" section in twrp, to dirty flash properly, you'll check all the partitions except for /data and /internal storage.

Credits:

BeansTown106 for BeansGapps & PixelGapps
    chadouming, Cl3Kener and DespairFactor for UBERROMs
    chadouming, Cl3Kener and DespairFactor for UBER-TC
    chainfire for SuperSU
    Dwitherell and BeansTown106 (PureNexus Project) for quite a few commits
    Google for everything else
    LorDClockaN (AICP) for quite a few commits
    Max Weninger (OmniRom) for sharing a lot of nice features
    MrApocalypse (Screw'dAOSP) for quite a few commits
    neobuddy89 (crDroid) for quite a few commits
    @dragos281993 for the help while building the ROM
    Roger Truttmann (for designing Pixel Dust logo, wallpapers & bootanimation -- you are awesome!)
    scott.hart.bti for quite a few commits
    SlimRoms: ezio84 for porting Slim recents and gmillz for refactoring Slim recents
    snak3ater (SAOSP) for quite a few commits
    SpiritCroc (AICP) for quite a few commits
    varund7726 (RR) for quite a few commits
    xyyx (Nitrogen OS) for quite a few commits
    ..and anyone else I probably forgot to mention

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/Sudokamikaze/SINAI-N4

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][mako][OMS] Pixel Dust for mako, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    nitin.chobhe, spezi77, sudokamikaze
    Source Code: https://github.com/pixeldustproject

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-04-30
    Last Updated 2017-08-19
    Something is cooking for mako ;)

Screenshot_20171105-171808.png

Nitin
    See what's here :)

Nitin
    Here is the final Nougat build of PD: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120756450

And this build has Pie inside it :cool: See the screenshots!

Nitin
    Since the majority of the remaining mako devs have contributed to this rom, I'll post this here. Just wanted to give one last special thanks to dragos, kesnfs, nitin, snak3ater, spezi and zaclimon for providing us with the roms/kernels that I have had the pleasure to use.

And to all devs that have supported mako, thank you all as well. You people have significantly extended the life of my N4. It's nice to see new people such as sudokamikaze join the mako dev team this late in the game. I unfortunately haven't had the pleasure to try any of your kernels since I have recently moved on to another device. I had to sell it to help fund my new phone purchase, but it is in the hands of another owner still going strong.

Anyway, again, thank you all.