FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][12Sep][GNU/Linux] Sailfish OS 2.0.5.6 - Dirty Cow fix, add JBD,XFS,iso9660,UDF

1,139 posts
Thanks Meter: 749

By carepack, Senior Member on 11th December 2014, 01:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Logo

Splash

Disclaimer
Code:
WARNING: "Modifying or replacing your device’s software may void your device’s warranty, lead to data loss,
hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage,
and therefore must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated
with this project is responsible for your actions but yourself. Good luck."
Hello and good news everybody!
Sailfish OS on Nexus 4, this is a community port!
Android-in-a-Window (sfdroid) support is now possible!

We are also working to rebase onto CM 12.1 for more goodies; you can help us by testing Backup to cloud (and restore) introduced in 2.0.2.51, as this will be needed during the CM reflash.

Status, download, installation...
Sailfish OS is a GNU/Linux based mobile operating system, which is gesture-driven for the ease of use. It runs natively as glibc (not Android's bionic), has bash and busybox (not toolbox), uses Qt for UX, and other opensource projects in its middleware -- which basically is just like a Linux on your desktop, and runs native Qt apps and cmdline apps, but doesn't run Android apps (check for Android-in-a-Window above if you need them).
And everything else you need to know:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Ada...ishOS_for_mako
as well as http://bit.ly/port-user-faq
XDA:DevDB Information
Sailfish OS, ROM for the Nexus 4

Contributors
ballock, carepack, sledges, MultiROM author Tassadar, ZANAC the master of bluetooth, tbr, Jolla sailors especially MSameer for camera! experiments, early porters Stskeeps, lbt, thp, alterego, faenil, jusa_, LEDs spiiroin, sensors lpotter, USB phdeswer, vrutkovs, the HADK team, the Mer Project, the Nemo Project and all the fine people over at #sailfishos-porters

Source Code: https://github.com/mer-hybris

Sailfish OS Version: 2.0

ROM Base OS Version: 4.4 KitKat

Version Information
Status: Gamma (better than Beta, but still not release quality )

Created 2014-12-11
Last Updated 2017-01-02
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to carepack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carepack Ad-Free

11th December 2014, 05:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
nice work and great thanks for your contribution
The Following User Says Thank You to asuperpig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asuperpig Ad-Free
11th December 2014, 07:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuperpig

nice work and great thanks for your contribution

thank you for you're kind words . Let us know what you think about and how you're impressions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carepack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carepack Ad-Free
11th December 2014, 09:06 PM |#4  
Flag Schwaz
Thanks Meter: 55

More
thanks for the built!
everything is working so far (well.. didn't test a lot till now).
But with Android 5 (CM12 built) and the 0.48 0.84 modem image in MultiRom wifi and mobile network is working fine!
The Following User Says Thank You to woernsn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift woernsn Ad-Free
11th December 2014, 09:19 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woernsn

thanks for the built!
But with Android 5 (CM12 built) and the 0.48 modem image in MultiRom wifi and mobile network is working fine!

Thank you for sharing this good news. Sailfish alongside lollipop is then no problem? That's great and really helpful for others!
11th December 2014, 09:23 PM |#6  
Flag Schwaz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carepack

Thank you for sharing this good news. Sailfish alongside lollipop is then no problem? That's great and really helpful for others!

Just encountered a problem with Clash Of Clans. The screen freezes every few seconds for milliseconds. I think it's some graphic-related problem with the old modem. (Btw there is a typo in my post.. I use the .84 one )
Maybe a hybrid modem would help but I'm to lazy to setup SailfishOS again :P
11th December 2014, 09:27 PM |#7  
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:

thanks for the built!
But with Android 5 (CM12 built) and the 0.48 modem image in MultiRom wifi and mobile network is working fine!

Quote:

Just encountered a problem with Clash Of Clans. The screen freezes every few seconds for milliseconds. I think it's some graphic-related problem with the old modem. (Btw there is a typo in my post.. I use the .84 one )
Maybe a hybrid modem would help but I'm to lazy to setup SailfishOS again :P

I used 0.48 modem and it didn't worked. I'll switch to 0.84 then. I'm on stock 5.0.1 with custom kernel.
11th December 2014, 09:31 PM |#8  
Flag Schwaz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guimendes

I used 0.48 modem and it didn't worked. I'll switch to 0.84 then. I'm on stock 5.0.1 with custom kernel.

yeah, sorry for the typo :/
I'm on self-built CM12 with the CM11-kernel from MultiROM (for the Kexec-hardboot problem).
I flashed the 0.84 modem and then installed sailfishOS with current MultiROM (CM 10.1.3 and this GREAT community sailfish-build)
11th December 2014, 09:34 PM |#9  
Flag Campinas

More
Quote:

yeah, sorry for the typo :/
I'm on self-built CM12 with the CM11-kernel from MultiROM (for the Kexec-hardboot problem).
I flashed the 0.84 modem and then installed sailfishOS with current MultiROM (CM 10.1.3 and this GREAT community sailfish-build)

Did you flash the modem all over the system or through MultiROM feature?
11th December 2014, 09:35 PM |#10  
Flag Schwaz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guimendes

Did you flash the modem all over the system or through MultiROM feature?

All over BEFORE installing sailfish OS.
Just setting it as Radio Image in MultiROM didn't work for me (couldn't use sound or WIFI..).
11th December 2014, 09:49 PM |#11  
Flag Campinas

More
@carepack any suggestion for modem to set through MultiROM for WiFi, Bluetooth and sound to work? 3G data is working with stock 5.0.1 radio.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gnu, hadk, jolla, linux, sailfishos

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)