FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][12Sep][GNU/Linux] Sailfish OS 2.0.5.6 - Dirty Cow fix, add JBD,XFS,iso9660,UDF

1,139 posts
Thanks Meter: 751

By carepack, Senior Member on 11th December 2014, 02:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2017, 08:49 AM |#821  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by preflex

That worked. Thanks!

Also, i had to comment out

Code:
# this allows us to disable 4G on mako through config in sparse
Provides: ofono-configs
Obsoletes: ofono-configs-mer
in droid-config-mako.spec in order to run build_packages.sh. I'm not sure what the impact will be, but I don't need to disable 4G, since I use hybrid modem, otherwise I'd just need to re-enable it.

Anyway, I'm slowly making progress. With a little luck, I'll have a zip ready for testing this weekend.

Without disabling 4G on devices that don't have it, there were multiple issues with the mobile network. As far as I remember, even if you select 3G in configs it didn't stick properly. You would have to enable it somehow and, I think, it was relatively simple. Most probably the scheme is known and IRC would help you out on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rinigus Ad-Free

1st July 2017, 10:19 AM |#822  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:

The timeframe is just a guesstimate based upon how much is left to do and my general rate of progress. It might take longer. I said i'd need luck.

I'm targeting the current release: 2.1.0.11.

Giant leap in versions
Please, take your time. I really appreciate guys like you who still develop things for this 4yo phone. I changed from 6p to N4 because of circumstances, and I don't need android apps anymore. Latest SFOS will be perfect.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Ah, and one more question to this community. Can't we do anything about jolla-xt9? I need it for my native language(Korean) keyboard, and also for (english) keyboard prediction. But it was removed in latest releases because of licensing issues from what I've heard. Is there any way to get it working again or is there any alternatives to it?
1st July 2017, 10:46 AM |#823  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinigus

Without disabling 4G on devices that don't have it, there were multiple issues with the mobile network. As far as I remember, even if you select 3G in configs it didn't stick properly. You would have to enable it somehow and, I think, it was relatively simple. Most probably the scheme is known and IRC would help you out on it.

Is there any reason users with devices that don't have 4G can't install the hybrid modem to enable it? I'd prefer not to hack around this.

I'm currently stuck on a missing package for geoclue-providers-hybris, and building it chokes on a missing locationservices.h. Looking at the IRC logs, I noticed Matemana had the same problem a few months ago: http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23sa...03-24.log.html . However, I think I'm done with this for today. If I can't make sense of the logs, I'll pm him or ask #sailfishos-porters in the morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift preflex Ad-Free
1st July 2017, 11:42 AM |#824  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:

Is there any reason users with devices that don't have 4G can't install the hybrid modem to enable it? I'd prefer not to hack around this.

As far as I remember, the fix was simple, much simpler than starting to flash hybrid modem. But you could surely do it later, when you get to the first boot.

Quote:

I'm currently stuck on a missing package for geoclue-providers-hybris, and building it chokes on a missing locationservices.h. Looking at the IRC logs, I noticed Matemana had the same problem a few months ago: http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23sa...03-24.log.html . However, I think I'm done with this for today. If I can't make sense of the logs, I'll pm him or ask #sfos-porters in the morning.

Did you check HADK-FAQ? Url is given in IRC channel header. Regarding the issue that you have, see

Building geoclue-providers-hybris fails: Building geoclue-providers-hybris fails with the error locationsettings.h for local builds update dhd submodule and in case of OBS build change the branch to jb36857

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaggebi

[/COLOR]Ah, and one more question to this community. Can't we do anything about jolla-xt9? I need it for my native language(Korean) keyboard, and also for (english) keyboard prediction. But it was removed in latest releases because of licensing issues from what I've heard. Is there any way to get it working again or is there any alternatives to it?

Yes, we can fix absence of xt9 properly. For that, it should be sufficient to port text predictions from Ubuntu Touch. They had text predictions and I am quite sure that its open source. I was thinking to take it myself since I am annoyed by it as well, but that would happen until I finish working on the first full version of offline navigation (server is almost done and I would like after that to help with the clients). I would expect that porting Ubuntu's solution would be way easier than navigation business. But would be great to get volunteers that can start working on keyboard stack.
The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rinigus Ad-Free
1st July 2017, 05:27 PM |#825  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
https://twitter.com/HaliumProject/st...92584136622081

This can be very, very useful
1st July 2017, 07:15 PM |#826  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Search brought up this: buildmw geoclue-providers-hybris jb36857 from github. Sorry, can't post links yet. Hope that helps a little.
1st July 2017, 09:00 PM |#827  

More
https://halium.org/
3rd July 2017, 12:20 PM |#828  

More
Halium is the collaborative project to unify the Hardware Abstraction Layer for projects which run GNU/Linux on mobile devices with pre-installed Android.

Project Halium will contain:

Linux kernel (source provided by device vendor)
Android services required to talk with hardware
Libhybris

In addition, Project Halium also aims to standardize the middleware software used by various projects to talk with android daemons and make use of hardware, for instance:

OFono/RILd
Camera service
Pulseaudio / Audiofingerglue
GPS
Media codecs

This project will not control the following higher level parts of the stack. Each distribution controls these aspects:

Display server
Toolkit
User interface
Applications
4th July 2017, 02:23 AM |#829  

More
Hooray! My image booted! No phone, sms, mobile data, or audio, but it boots! WLAN looks like it works. At least, it scans.

https://mega.nz/#!ZFpijBYL!a1EW5KEse...SB94KeRh7DCqYk

running "usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat -b radio" gives
Code:
D/use-Rlog-RLOG-Diag_lib( 1866): actp_diag_init: call_diag init function with AE091209
E/use-Rlog-RLOG-Diag_lib( 1866):  Diag_LSM_Init: Failed to open handle to diag driver, error = 13
E/use-Rlog-RLOG-Diag_lib( 1866): actp diag_init failed
This is going to be tough to figure out. Since my nexus 4 is my only internet connection, I need to reboot back to 2.0.5.6 just to be able to google errors.
The Following User Says Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift preflex Ad-Free
4th July 2017, 07:17 AM |#830  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Did you ask on IRC ? Since you had probs with internet connection- should i ask ?
4th July 2017, 07:26 AM |#831  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veraendert

Did you ask on IRC ? Since you had probs with internet connection- should i ask ?

Not yet. I think i'm done hacking at this for today. There's some related stuff in the IRC logs, and I haven't looked over everything yet looking for that specifically.

Since my Nexus 4 is also my gateway, I don't have any way of checking whether wifi actually works. If you'd like to install the rom and check for me, that would be nice. Use the same CM11 base as the other releases.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gnu, hadk, jolla, linux, sailfishos

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)