FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] Android 5.1.1 for mako v0.6 [14.05.2015]

7,705 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,783

By eagleeyetom, Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator on 10th March 2015, 11:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2015, 02:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusadiqManas

May be it's not the best time to run 5.1 on mako, at least for me.

Using Nexus Root Toolkit, I have installed apks of Google Play Services, Play Store, Gmail, Google Now Launcher and Google Search but now every time I click on Google Settings or Play Store (even in System Settings --> Accounts--> Add Account--> Google) a pop up persistently appears and says "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" .

Looks like old apks cannot make friends with new OS version.

Try updating your google play services with Aptoide. The newest version from there worked very well for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to mathn69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mathn69 Ad-Free

10th March 2015, 02:34 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom

Yes, this method works too. Google released new apps though which can be used with 5.1

How do we change that and can you give me the file you used for Gapps ?
10th March 2015, 03:32 PM |#13  
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 684

More
Just flashed android 5.1 and must say it is really a polished build as compared to 5.0 !! First thing is multitasking wohooo !! Seems like you own a new device !! Apps just done seem to close whatever you do how hard a multitasker you are android 5.1 seems to handle this reallylike a champ !! Amazing work thanks eagle eye for getting this stuff rolled out so fast !!

Some things to note
Flash banks gapps minimal ( worked for me ) .Play services will auto update in a few mins and playstore access will be back once the play services auto updates

GPS doesn't work as reported

Rest still to test
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NABENDU1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NABENDU1 Ad-Free
10th March 2015, 03:45 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Is the "mobile radio active" bug fixed in 5.1?
10th March 2015, 05:29 PM |#15  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 20

More
please tell me the no audio bug is gone! ughhhhhh
10th March 2015, 06:43 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thanks. I will test it

Gửi từ Nexus 4 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
10th March 2015, 07:32 PM |#17  
Flag Germany, Thüringen
Thanks Meter: 328

More
iPhone users be like "why can't google release new versions for all nexus devices at same time even apple can do this"

we are like "google does not release it for our device yet? let's port it!"

good work man
The Following User Says Thank You to TheXorg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheXorg Ad-Free
10th March 2015, 07:45 PM |#18  
Account currently disabled
Flag Patra
Thanks Meter: 861

More
Can anyone edit the Dialer apk to use the updated-lollipop icon instead of the old one?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fr3quency For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fr3quency Ad-Free
10th March 2015, 07:49 PM |#19  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 118

More
I've lost recovery while flashing this, also forgot to root with supersu, now I can't get recovery back (twrp requires an app with root support from the playstore).
10th March 2015, 08:01 PM |#20  
Flag GPS currently disabled.
Thanks Meter: 299

Donate to Me
More
So, any more feedbacks?
10th March 2015, 08:04 PM |#21  
Flag Home of FCB
Thanks Meter: 643

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiano88

I've lost recovery while flashing this, also forgot to root with supersu, now I can't get recovery back (twrp requires an app with root support from the playstore).

Flash recovery .img via Fastboot! Download .img file from here http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/mako. Then rename it to recovery.img. Reboot to fastboot and type in "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fritzcola For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fritzcola Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)