• Clean device tree
  • Based on Unlegacy-Android kernel
  • Regular updates

Known-issues
HTML:
- To be filled

Installation
HTML:
1. Go in fastboot mode (hold down Power + Vol down for few seconds.

# Or use flashers like Flasify/FlashFire and others

2. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands: 
 fastboot erase recovery
 fastboot flash recovery twrp_mako-3.2.3-0.img
3. With volume up and down select recovery mode and press power button
4. Enjoy your reboot in TWRP

Downloads:
Latest: AFH

Credits:
Special thanks to
- TWRP team
- Unlegacy-Android team
- Clamor
- And anyone I forgot to mention

Additional sources:
Kernel Sources: Github
TWRP Sources: Github

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial TWRP 3.2.3-0 UA, Tool/Utility for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
sudokamikaze, clamor
Source Code: https://github.com/clamor95/android_device_unlegacy_recovery/tree/mako

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
Last Updated 2018-08-17

/root

Jul 17, 2010
Have a stock Nexus 4.
Will be unlocking it and installing some ROM.

What is the difference between this and the official TWRP version?
Is this version of TWRP better than the official twrp-3.2.3-0-mako?

Thank you.

sudokamikaze

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2017
Rivne
Have a stock Nexus 4.

Thank you.

Please, read OP post again. Our recovery has F2FS support for /data & /cache. EFS/Persist backup support, that means you can backup your IMEI/WIFI + BT Mac address stuff. And compare teamwin device tree and ours, I'm sure that you will be impressed

/root

Jul 17, 2010
So should I format all partitions to f2fs and then install LOS? Is that advisable or should I just change filesystem for cache and data?

Edit 1 : btw Great recovery . I had to give it more than 2 tries though at first it got stuck in a bootloop of never entering the recovery page. then i flashed stock and tried again that time it couldn't format and twrp never got proceeded. did a stock flash again and the third time it worked fine.

Edit 2 : So checked the fstab of mako on LOS and it seems f2fs is only supported for /cache and /data. So only those two partitions need to be changed to f2fs format. Am I concluding it correctly?

Thank you @sudokamikaze

Last edited:
Reactions: sudokamikaze

sudokamikaze

Jan 1, 2017
Rivne
So should I format all partitions to f2fs and then install LOS? Is that advisable or should I just change filesystem for cache and data?

Edit 1 : btw Great recovery . I had to give it more than 2 tries though at first it got stuck in a bootloop of never entering the recovery page. then i flashed stock and tried again that time it couldn't format and twrp never got proceeded. did a stock flash again and the third time it worked fine.

Edit 2 : So checked the fstab of mako on LOS and it seems f2fs is only supported for /cache and /data. So only those two partitions need to be changed to f2fs format. Am I concluding it correctly?

Thank you @sudokamikaze

About EDIT 1:
First of all I'm sorry about that, I will find why and which thing causing this.

I had something like that on friend's phone. But worked just fine after re-entering.

If rom which you decided to use supports f2fs - feel free to use that. Leave system as is

Reactions: ze7zez and /root

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
About EDIT 1:
First of all I'm sorry about that, I will find why and which thing causing this.

I had something like that on friend's phone. But worked just fine after re-entering.

If rom which you decided to use supports f2fs - feel free to use that. Leave system as is

Thank you, had no issues flashing and entering recovery and doing a full backup including EFS and Persist.

toydriod

Sep 16, 2018
Downloading stalled?

Hi. Newb here, been trying to search for an answer, but not sure what it is I'm needing to search for?
Issue is phone is unlocked and am in bootloader mode, and am trying to download above twrp but after entering the commands into my computer terminal, the computer terminal says " sending," and the phone says "downloading," but nothing is happening. Tried this a few times, and have actually left it for an hour, but no download?
Am I missing a step here? Followed the posted instructions.

Thanks for your patience.

sudokamikaze

Jan 1, 2017
Rivne
Hi. Newb here, been trying to search for an answer, but not sure what it is I'm needing to search for?
Issue is phone is unlocked and am in bootloader mode, and am trying to download above twrp but after entering the commands into my computer terminal, the computer terminal says " sending," and the phone says "downloading," but nothing is happening. Tried this a few times, and have actually left it for an hour, but no download?
Am I missing a step here? Followed the posted instructions.

Thanks for your patience.

Hmm, have you tried to switch USB cable or port or both? and what about official TWRP, same error?

You can try:
HTML:
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img # CHANGE HERE NAME OF FILE

toydriod

Sep 16, 2018
Hmm, have you tried to switch USB cable or port or both? and what about official TWRP, same error?

You can try:
HTML:
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img # CHANGE HERE NAME OF FILE

Yes.
Tried
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.3.2.3-mako.img Terminal says sending 'recovery' (8176 KB)... Phone says nothing

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.2-mako.img Terminal says sending 'recovery' (9020 KB)... Phone says " downloading..."

sudokamikaze

Jan 1, 2017
Rivne
Yes.
Tried
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.3.2.3-mako.img Terminal says sending 'recovery' (8176 KB)... Phone says nothing

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.2-mako.img Terminal says sending 'recovery' (9020 KB)... Phone says " downloading..."

Then problem isn't in my recovery, reinstall drivers/switch pc/cable/port

HubrisRev5

Oct 27, 2015
I currently am on the official 3.1.xx TWRP version, can i just flash this as a zip from the current recovery? will that just replace the old one with this one, or do I need to first flash stock recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial TWRP 3.2.3-0 UA​

• F2FS Support
    • EFS & Persist backup support
    • Clean device tree
    • Based on Unlegacy-Android kernel
    • Regular updates

Known-issues
    HTML:
    - To be filled

Installation
    HTML:
    1. Go in fastboot mode (hold down Power + Vol down for few seconds.

# Or use flashers like Flasify/FlashFire and others

2. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands: 
     fastboot erase recovery
     fastboot flash recovery twrp_mako-3.2.3-0.img
    3. With volume up and down select recovery mode and press power button
    4. Enjoy your reboot in TWRP

Downloads:
    Latest: AFH

Credits:
    Special thanks to
    - TWRP team
    - Unlegacy-Android team
    - Clamor
    - And anyone I forgot to mention

Additional sources:
    Kernel Sources: Github
    TWRP Sources: Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial TWRP 3.2.3-0 UA, Tool/Utility for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    sudokamikaze, clamor
    Source Code: https://github.com/clamor95/android_device_unlegacy_recovery/tree/mako

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
    Last Updated 2018-08-17
    Have a stock Nexus 4.

Thank you.

Please, read OP post again. Our recovery has F2FS support for /data & /cache. EFS/Persist backup support, that means you can backup your IMEI/WIFI + BT Mac address stuff. And compare teamwin device tree and ours, I'm sure that you will be impressed

Thank you @sudokamikaze

About EDIT 1:

I currently am on the official 3.1.xx TWRP version, can i just flash this as a zip from the current recovery? will that just replace the old one with this one, or do I need to first flash stock recovery?

You can use following methods:
    1. Use app flasher like Flashfire or something like that
    2. Use PC to write recovery (better variant)
    PC method instructions are in OP post.