674 posts
Thanks Meter: 470

By trter10, Senior Member on 4th December 2012, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Fist off, huge thanks to these people:

-Ryuinferno - His init.d on any device method
-Matt on code.google.com - Old touch driver and temp install method

Disclaimer:

-I am not responsible for any damage this may cause.... (You've seen this a billion times so I'll leave it at that)

NOTE: This mod causes touch to be unresponsive for about 30 seconds on boot up!

What this does:

-Enables init.d by adding a command into install-recovery.sh to run anything in /system/etc/init.d (method by Ryuinferno)
-Extracts the E015 driver to /system for safe keeping and script usage (E015 is a downgrade of the touch driver that senses touch better)
-Adds an init.d script that changes the touchscreen driver to E015 on every boot (driver supplied by Matt and so was the temp-replace method. It runs his method on every boot essentially.)
-Sends log to /data/Driver.log so user can check proper installation if desired

The advantage of using this over using a kernel with E015 in it is that it does not mess with custom recovery touch sensing.

Instructions:

-THIS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED! You can install it with this app.
-Download the zip from here
-Flash it in a custom recovery. If you don't know how to flash a recovery / root / flash a zip, there are plenty of tutorials floating around.

If you want to undo this:

-Flash this zip through recovery.

Enjoy!
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to trter10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trter10 Ad-Free

4th December 2012, 01:32 AM |#2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
thanks.. works well but the disadvantage of this is that everytime you reboot your phone is not responsive for 5 - 10 seconds.

Touch is far more sensitive. I can no longer rest my finger on the home button without it triggering although PSR values are still the same with lowest I got being 0.36

also can you please provide a revert .zip to remove all changes? I don't want to have to reflash my ROM if I no longer want the mod. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkRyoushii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkRyoushii Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 01:52 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyoushii

thanks.. works well but the disadvantage of this is that everytime you reboot your phone is not responsive for 5 - 10 seconds.

Touch is far more sensitive. I can no longer rest my finger on the home button without it triggering although PSR values are still the same with lowest I got being 0.36

also can you please provide a revert .zip to remove all changes? I don't want to have to reflash my ROM if I no longer want the mod. Thanks.

My touch is responsive instantly... Weird :P

Yep I can get a revert out soon

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
4th December 2012, 02:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Thanks for this. I'll wait for a revert as this hasn't been much of a concern for me since I got used to it, but it's great to see this development today. I'm sure a number of folks are thrilled.

Just to confirm, this would qualify as an add-on to any kernel, correct? I noticed you mentioned the advantage of this over kernels with the new sensitivity but reading on your description it appears this will not replace your kernel?
4th December 2012, 03:20 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfound

Thanks for this. I'll wait for a revert as this hasn't been much of a concern for me since I got used to it, but it's great to see this development today. I'm sure a number of folks are thrilled.

Just to confirm, this would qualify as an add-on to any kernel, correct? I noticed you mentioned the advantage of this over kernels with the new sensitivity but reading on your description it appears this will not replace your kernel?

It's not a kernel, it's essentially a script that runs on boot.

Revert going up in the next hour
The Following User Says Thank You to trter10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trter10 Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 03:28 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Not only does e015 fix the touchscreen responsiveness, it also fixes the issue where if the phone is connected to an a/c powered usb port, the touchscreen responsiveness is even more degraded.
4th December 2012, 03:55 AM |#7  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
yea but I've noticed a few bugs with it already (touch being registered as pressed for about 4 seconds longer than my finger) as well as it is making my swiftkey lag behind so I'll probably revert until an official fix is in the works/made.
4th December 2012, 04:28 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

yea but I've noticed a few bugs with it already (touch being registered as pressed for about 4 seconds longer than my finger) as well as it is making my swiftkey lag behind so I'll probably revert until an official fix is in the works/made.

Reverter http://goo.im/devs/trter10/RevertE015.zip
4th December 2012, 04:32 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:

Not seeing these issues myself. The stock keyboard is super smooth. I don't use swift key however.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dwang Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 04:45 AM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 7,263

Donate to Me
More
I've just added this to the Nexus 4 Complete Index

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KidCarter93 Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 05:17 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCarter93

I've just added this to the Nexus 4 Complete Index

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)