671 posts
Thanks Meter: 467

By stuffynet, Senior Member on 12th June 2014, 06:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th July 2014, 07:36 AM |#2391  
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 533

More
I keep seeing people posting screenshots of this running on the nexus 4 on google plus. Ask for a link and they send you to this ridiculously huge thread with 250 pages or so. Where are the download links and why isn't this in Android original development or android development forum...and why are their 2 development forums anyway? one works just fine for me
6th July 2014, 07:36 AM |#2392  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 9,683

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidnoit22

Apps can't be installed but i think we can install SuperSu via TWRP, Cam is not working, No bluetooth or NFC.

Has anyone rooted Build 21 successfully with SuperSU?

When I flash the zip with TWRP it looks to be successful, but when I open the SuperSU app it says "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it". Also, I get the "Android is upgrading..." count every time I boot after flashing SuperSU, which I assume means it is rebuilding the application cache.

Might have something to do with the permissions?

ramjet73
6th July 2014, 07:37 AM |#2393  
Flag Terracina
Thanks Meter: 450

More
Only know that you have to go to page 234

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando XDA App
6th July 2014, 07:47 AM |#2394  
Recognized Developer
Flag flithydelphia
Thanks Meter: 29,260

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73

Has anyone rooted Build 21 successfully with SuperSU?

When I flash the zip with TWRP it looks to be successful, but when I open the SuperSU app it says "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it". Also, I get the "Android is upgrading..." count every time I boot after flashing SuperSU, which I assume means it is rebuilding the application cache.

Might have something to do with the permissions?

ramjet73

It is because /data is not working properly yet and we are working on a fix

Sent from my C6916

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master

I keep seeing people posting screenshots of this running on the nexus 4 on google plus. Ask for a link and they send you to this ridiculously huge thread with 250 pages or so. Where are the download links and why isn't this in Android original development or android development forum...and why are their 2 development forums anyway? one works just fine for me

We are waiting till we get the data problem solved before we make a new thread

Sent from my C6916

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Also no su yet, we wanna get the base down before we start adding extras

Sent from my C6916
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sykopompos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 07:48 AM |#2395  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,263

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykopompos

It is because /data is not working properly yet and we are working on a fix

Sent from my C6916

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

We are waiting till we get the data problem solved before we make a new thread

Sent from my C6916

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Also no su yet, we wanna get the base down before we start adding extras

Sent from my C6916

I looked through the ramdisk and couldn't find anything. Maybe the updater-script is the problem.....Try flashing the fix permissions zip file I had posted earlier
Try this:
http://db.tt/9aWdF8Rp

I had to revert back to KK because I need my phone for work etc...

Edit: Anyone running the L preview, flash this. This might fix the /data problem. If I remember well, syko had said that it was writing to /data after flashing this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
6th July 2014, 07:53 AM |#2396  
Flag Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 340

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamchamaria

I looked through the ramdisk and couldn't find anything. Maybe the updater-script is the problem.....Try flashing the fix permissions zip file I had posted earlier
Try this:

Edit: Anyone running the L preview, flash this. This might fix the /data problem. If I remember well, syko had said that it was writing to /data after flashing this

I remember when i flashed (with update19) the fix-perimission (that zip file or with twrp) the rom didn't boot at all. I don't know how is now, i just wake up up
6th July 2014, 07:55 AM |#2397  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micku7zu

I remember when i flashed (with update19) the fix-perimission (that zip file or with twrp) the rom didn't boot at all. I don't know how is now, i just wake up up

Then I guess we'll have to wait for syko to fix it

6th July 2014, 07:57 AM |#2398  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 9,683

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master

1. If you want an official development thread wait a day or two and you should be able to find one. My understanding is that this thread was once in development but was moved to the General forum by a moderator, probably because at the time it didn't have an appropriate OP with something to download and test.

2. If you want to test it before the development thread is established, search this thread for "update 20" and "update 21". Those are the two most current versions and the update 20 download post has instructions for flashing.

3. If you want to know why there are two development forums you should PM one of the moderators for the Nexus 4 since not all the devices have two development forums. Here's a link to the forum rules for the Nexus 4 and you can try a PM to the OP of that post. My guess is that the developers that are writing original code want to be distinguished from those that are primarily repackaging stuff but I'm not a moderator so check with them if you need an explanation.

Have fun, and please be a little more understanding when you come cold into a thread like this. The developers have been working hard on this port for a while now and the last thing they need is a bunch of newcomers asking why things aren't better organized. Remember that you're not paying to use XDA and it's supposed to be a community where everyone contributes and supports each other.

ramjet73
6th July 2014, 08:00 AM |#2399  
Flag SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
Thanks Meter: 6,096

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73

1. If you want an official development thread wait a day or two and you should be able to find one. My understanding is that this thread was once in development but was moved to the General forum by a moderator, probably because at the time it didn't have an appropriate OP with something to download and test.

2. If you want to test it before the development thread is established, search this thread for "build 20" and "build 21". Those are the two most current versions and the build 20 download post has instructions for flashing.

3. If you want to know why there are two development forums you should PM one of the moderators for the Nexus 4 since not all the devices have two development forums. Here's a link to the forum rules for the Nexus 4 and you can try a PM to the OP of that post. My guess is that the developers that are writing original code want to be distinguished from those that are primarily repackaging stuff but I'm not a moderator so check with them if you need an explanation.

Have fun, and please be a little more understanding when you come cold into a thread like this. The developers have been working hard on this port for a while now and the last thing they need is a bunch of newcomers asking why things are better organized. Remember that you're not paying to use XDA and it's supposed to be a community where everyone contributes and supports each other.

ramjet73

anyone feel like helping hack away at the boot.img we are still fighting selinux and trying to get readaccess to /data and dalvik cache, every boot results in it rebuilding cache
6th July 2014, 08:02 AM |#2400  
Recognized Developer
Flag flithydelphia
Thanks Meter: 29,260

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Try this:

selinux breaks it and changes all the permissions. that only worked before it booted

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Quote:

Try this:

I'm stumping my head here to. about to try one dirty ass hack on this

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

anyone feel like trying it http://download.chainfire.eu/451/Sup...erSU-v2.01.zip
6th July 2014, 08:02 AM |#2401  
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
@sykopompos

I/auditd ( 250): type=1400 audit(0.0:128): avc: denied { getattr } for comm="sdcard" path="/data/media/0/clockworkmod" dev="mmcblk0p23" ino=545663 scontext=u:r:sdcardd:s0 tcontext=ubject_r:unlabeled:s0 tclass=dir
I/auditd ( 249): type=1400 audit(0.0:129): avc: denied { getattr } for comm="sdcard" path="/data/media/0/clockworkmod" dev="mmcblk0p23" ino=545663 scontext=u:r:sdcardd:s0 tcontext=ubject_r:unlabeled:s0 tclass=dir
I/auditd ( 250): type=1400 audit(0.0:130): avc: denied { getattr } for comm="sdcard" path="/data/media/0/clockworkmod" dev="mmcblk0p23" ino=545663

Look at the path for sdcard?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)