FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Custom ROM for best battery performance

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

Post Reply Email Thread
Which custom ROM gives the best battery backup for the good old Nexus 4?
I am out of my daily driver and will have to use the old Nexus 4 for a month. I am not looking for any feature in the ROM specifically, so anything near to stock or AOSP with great battery performance would be preferred.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to smnbasak96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smnbasak96 Ad-Free
27th May 2019, 12:24 AM |#2  
Flag Alsfeld
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Interested too!
Im very interested in this topic too, would love if someone experienced could answer!
Is there even a Pie Rom that can be considered a daily driver and that has good maintenance?

Thanks in advance.
27th May 2019, 10:53 AM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,851

More
I have found THIS to be the best for my needs. Smooth with good battery.
27th May 2019, 03:39 PM |#4  
Flag Alsfeld
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmani

I have found THIS to be the best for my needs. Smooth with good battery.

Sadly, this ROM is not maintained anymore. :/
29th May 2019, 10:29 AM |#5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,851

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minecrimex

Sadly, this ROM is not maintained anymore. :/

Seems to have happened recently, after the update dt. 17/05/2019. Still I am using it and don't have any inclination to shift.
28th July 2019, 08:10 AM |#6  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 285

More
I've been using crDroid 7.1.2 with Sinai N4 kernel for over a year now, which is longer than I've stayed with any other combination. The default settings for both ROM and kernel are pretty good for battery. With a few tweaks to the settings, you can make it even better without much noticeable difference to performance.

My only complaints with the combination of the two are that I've never been able to get LTE to work reliably and the animations doesn't have a reverse feature.
28th July 2019, 03:11 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 18,336

Donate to Me
More
You can give a try to Carbon ROM.

I maintain the ROM and have it on my mako (which my nephew uses now) . The battery is 6 years old now and it takes him through the day

Nitin
The Following User Says Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 08:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.chobhe

You can give a try to Carbon ROM.

I maintain the ROM and have it on my mako (which my nephew uses now) . The battery is 6 years old now and it takes him through the day

Nitin

It's an incredible solid ROM but for me personally the battery life isn't that great. Could be my phone tho, I haven't tried another ROM since I got it from an RMA a while ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to rest0ck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rest0ck Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 09:53 AM |#9  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rest0ck

It's an incredible solid ROM but for me personally the battery life isn't that great. Could be my phone tho, I haven't tried another ROM since I got it from an RMA a while ago.

With this one I can agree that the battery consumption depends on how the phone is used.

In Carbon, turn on:
Settings > Battery > Battery Manager > Manage apps automatically
Settings > Battery > Battery Manager > Use Battery Manager
Settings > Battery > Battery Saver > Turn on automatically (for example, at 15%)

and see what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)