Thanks Meter: 121

Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2013, 03:24 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
There is a lot of cases for the red button, in my case nothing helped only that solution, I'm not telling people to use my advice when you see red light first of all should try easier way to solve it, like charge with original charger for few hours etc

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

30th April 2013, 05:49 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 520

More
Hi

This is defeating a safety mechanism. When lithium batteries are over discharged they can become permanently damaged and then are not safe to recharge. Recharging could result in gassing and or an explosion and fire, this may not happen right away or at all, however the chances of this happening is significantly increased after a deep discharge or some other fault causing over-heating etc. Why did LG build in this protection mechanism in the first place? Do people just think it was to annoy owners and have returns for no reason? Lithium batteries can be lethal which is why there have been world wide recalls in some cases, and they are only safe now because of safety devices built into the battery and phone.

I wouldn't want a phone exploding in my pocket or against my face or in my hand or setting fire to my home. Lithium batteries are generally pretty safe only because of these safety mechanisms, defeat them and lithium batteries become pretty dangerous.

Read up on safety issues here: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...afety_concerns especially under the "What every battery user should know" section and please realise you are literally playing with fire by defecting or shorting out the safety mechanism which this direct charging method is likely doing.

Regards

Phil
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PhilipL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhilipL Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 08:00 PM |#13  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Very good thank you
29th May 2013, 01:54 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Must say this has saved me from the trouble that would be sending my phone to RMA! Thanks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to magote For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magote Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 11:56 PM |#15  
Flag NMB
Thanks Meter: 105

Donate to Me
More
This worked for my girlfriends Nexus 4 that she allowed to go completely dead. 3 buttons, etc...would not get a response from the unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yev.gavrikov

Hello i'll try to explain how i fixed the red notification light when my friend's phone died.
The situation was that he charged the phone from the car built in USB and after he unplugged the charger the phone never powered on.
I tried all the solutions that google search can provide and nothing helped.
The problem was that when you plug the charger the red light stays on without any blinks and nothing helped.

Tools you need:
*Torque screw T5 screwdriver
*Small Philips screwdriver (thanks scream4cheese for remind)
*Plastic handle or something else (to open the back cover without damage it)
*Thin wires
*old/new phone charger

So lets start - hope it will help some one that stuck in this situation
1. First of all you need to remove the back cover to get access to the battery.

2. Unscrew the 2 screws that holds the battery flex cable.
3. Disconnect the flex cable from the phone.

4. Now you need two thin wires that you can connect to the battery flex cable.
5. Find some old phone charger ( i used old nokia charger ) that can provide about 5.0v-5.8v.
6. If you have volt meter find where is the positive and negative (+) and (-).
7. Connect the battery positive (+) to charger positive (+) and negative to negative.

8. Plug the charger to power and wait about 15-13 minutes, do not leave in that charging position too much time because the battery may EXPLODE.
9. Disconnect all the wires and reconnect the battery to the phone (if not working wait few minutes and start over from step 7) maybe the connections is not good or mot enough charged.
10. power on the phone and you have solved that issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to rfunderburk39 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rfunderburk39 Ad-Free
18th June 2013, 03:06 PM |#16  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 1

More
works like a charm, just fixed mine by following the steps.
I dropped my phone in the pond and it was totally submerged under water for about 3-4 minutes, can't power up after, dry for couple of days still doesn't work, all I got was a red led light while charging (not flashing).
I thought the phone was beyond repair so just leave it in a bag of rice to see if there's any miracle. Take the phone out after 3 days, connect to the charger and I get a red flashing light, I think it is a good sign, so I did a google search and redirected to this post, connect the battery flex to an old nokia charger for about 14 minutes and it was fixed, how amazing is that.
My sincere thanks to yev.gavrikov!
-----------------------------------------------------------
update:
the phone turns off automatically after 20 minutes, the red flashing light comes back, will try again tmr, too late to go through that again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
before I connected the wire with the battery flex I took a read with a volt meter the voltage is 0.36, after a 14-minutes charge the voltage increased to 1.30, still way below the 3.8v standard voltage. But the phone is ok to power up with the stock charger and the battery status bar shows 99% after charge for about half hour. I thought it was fixed, though the the charging rate seems little bit too high, from 1.3v to 99% just within half hour !
Will try again tonight, but I figure might be something wrong with the power management module of the main board.
The Following User Says Thank You to Don2k9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Don2k9 Ad-Free
20th June 2013, 06:06 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don2k9

works like a charm, just fixed mine by following the steps.
I dropped my phone in the pond and it was totally submerged under water for about 3-4 minutes, can't power up after, dry for couple of days still doesn't work, all I got was a red led light while charging (not flashing).
I thought the phone was beyond repair so just leave it in a bag of rice to see if there's any miracle. Take the phone out after 3 days, connect to the charger and I get a red flashing light, I think it is a good sign, so I did a google search and redirected to this post, connect the battery flex to an old nokia charger for about 14 minutes and it was fixed, how amazing is that.
My sincere thanks to yev.gavrikov!
-----------------------------------------------------------
update:
the phone turns off automatically after 20 minutes, the red flashing light comes back, will try again tmr, to. o late to go through that again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
before I connected the wire with the battery flex I took a read with a volt meter the voltage is 0.36, after a 14-minutes charge the voltage increased to 1.30, still way below the 3.8v standard voltage. But the phone is ok to power up with the stock charger and the battery status bar shows 99% after charge for about half hour. I thought it was fixed, though the the charging rate seems little bit too high, from 1.3v to 99% just within half hour !
Will try again tonight, but I figure might be something wrong with the power management module of the main board.

I went in the pool with my Nexus 4 in a plastic bag to keep the sand out. Realized it after several minutes that I still had it in my pocket and got it out. Didn't have any rice so I wrapped it in a diaper for a day. Then I got some rice and left it in the rice for about 2 days. I pulled it out and it looked dry enough. Plugged it in and got the battery charging white icons. They went away, I waited a few minutes and tired to turn it on. Nothing. So I waited a while longer and tried it again. The red light started blinking and I couldn't get it to do anything. I tried different cords but no help. When I tried to plug it into another charger base I noticed some condensation in the front camera and in the back flash. So I stopped the whole deal and put it back in rice and laid it up in a window sill. I'm not sure what my next move is. I think the flashing red light might have saved me from turning it on and screwing it up further. I've rooted my previous phones and I feel fairly comfortable with that stuff but I'm a little nervous taking the back off this phone though. I would finally like to try a wireless charger first before I go ripping into the back of this thing. Plus I don't have a volt meter to check the charger. Any suggestions on how I could try a charger without buying one? Or what my next step is?
24th June 2013, 08:33 AM |#18  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Battery Full QI chargrer
Hey there I actually was looking for a soluiton to this, since i HAD the same problem. I didnt wanted to open up my phone, so i decided to charge it back somehow else. With the normal factory charger wasnt really successfull try, so i bought a QI charger, with USB pluggable slot at the end, and plugged to the factory 1.2a converter. After 1-2 hours my phone started to charge, and displayed the charging white battery instead of blinking light!

So im actually really thankfull on all the ideas here, hope my suggestion will help on more ppl.
The Following User Says Thank You to Draegloth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Draegloth Ad-Free
24th June 2013, 05:08 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
A little over a week ago I was driving to a client in a very rural area. Had my Nexus 4 running Navigation and playing music over my car's AUX port. Also had my USB plugged into the car's cigarette lighter port to keep it charged.

All of a sudden, the music stopped playing. Looked at the phone and it was off. Pushed the power button to turn it back on and the red LED started blinking. At this point I panicked because it was a 4 hour drive in the middle of nowhere, had no idea where I was going, and now no Nav or phone calls.

Over the next 10 minutes I kept pushing power and holding it for a variable length of time, from just an instant to 30 seconds or more. No dice. Then after what must have been the 20th try or so, the phone booted up. Relief! When it was fully booted, I noticed the battery was around 90%. No problems since then.

FWIW, YMMV.
30th June 2013, 12:28 PM |#20  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Nexus 4 Red light of death FIXED
@yev.gavrikov

Thanks a TON Friend

Finally My Bros. Nexus4 Worked we just did till Step 3 and again installed it Back

Amazingly phone booted back to basic

The Story:

Device Info Nexus 4
Kernel : Franco nightly R156
ROM: PA 3.6
@Stock Speed Stock CPU Governor
was running AnTuTu Benchmarking the battery was @50% suddenly in between the test phone screen was off, when we checked phone was not booting up
So i saw this Thread and watch 2-3 videos How to dismantle the Nexus 4
Skills : Moderate (Needs Precision and patience)
I just removed and reinstalled the battery terminal.

And amazingly the phone Started ....WOW Awesome @yev.gavrikov

Thanks
30th June 2013, 01:40 PM |#21  
OP Member
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharvil Birodkar

@yev.gavrikov

Thanks a TON Friend

Finally My Bros. Nexus4 Worked we just did till Step 3 and again installed it Back

Amazingly phone booted back to basic

The Story:

Device Info Nexus 4
Kernel : Franco nightly R156
ROM: PA 3.6
@Stock Speed Stock CPU Governor
was running AnTuTu Benchmarking the battery was @50% suddenly in between the test phone screen was off, when we checked phone was not booting up
So i saw this Thread and watch 2-3 videos How to dismantle the Nexus 4
Skills : Moderate (Needs Precision and patience)
I just removed and reinstalled the battery terminal.

And amazingly the phone Started ....WOW Awesome @yev.gavrikov

Thanks

Glad that it helped to you
The Following User Says Thank You to yev.gavrikov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yev.gavrikov Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)