FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help!! plzz

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By 098765, Junior Member on 14th July 2018, 11:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi. I have got a problem. I currently have a lg nexus 4 . i accidently installed twrp in boot. so every time i open my phone twrp comes. and half of my touch screen does not work. so i can't fully swipe to install roms and cant type certain lettrs in keyboard in terminal and the bootloader is locked. so how do i get out of this . any help will be greatly appreciated . Thank you ..
30th May 2019, 01:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 098765

Hi. I have got a problem. I currently have a lg nexus 4 . i accidently installed twrp in boot. so every time i open my phone twrp comes. and half of my touch screen does not work. so i can't fully swipe to install roms and cant type certain lettrs in keyboard in terminal and the bootloader is locked. so how do i get out of this . any help will be greatly appreciated . Thank you ..

Same with me...i am just gonna go and fix the display...
5th June 2019, 01:26 PM |#3  
Flag Lund
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi,

Download the rom you previously had to your computer if you didn't have it, extract the zip, boot the phone into fastboot mode and connect it to your PC.

In the extracted zip, there should be a boot.img file. From a computer terminal where fastboot is present, do:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
The easiest is if you copy the boot.img file to the folder where fastboot.exe (if windows) resides and then run the command above.

Then reboot the phone again and it should boot just fine again.
20th November 2019, 03:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippey5

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

But OP stated their bootloader was locked.

If TWRP is still also installed on your actual recovery partition (so that you can still boot it after the next step), you can just
Code:
adb sideload <ROM.zip>
while TWRP is booted and you are connected to a PC to reinstall a ROM along with it's boot partition.

Another thing you could do if you have the partition at hand is to
Code:
adb shell
while your phone running TWRP is connected to your PC and then
Code:
ls -lAh /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/
Find out the actual partition of boot, in my case:
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          20 Nov 20 02:46 boot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
So this is what i would try to restore the boot image:
Code:
dd if=<boot.img> of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
Good luck for everyone who still needed this after a year
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)