Nexus 4: German thread

Search This thread

TobiS87

Sep 28, 2010
Yep. Even made it to checkout. But then it stopped and now its not on my cart anymore...

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

vrooden

Jun 22, 2010
Still waiting for confirmation mail. But it's listed under "My orders" and got the confirmation page at the end of the process. So I'm pretty calm.

Correction: got confirmation already, had filter/label set in GMail, so it did not show up in my inbox *lol* Great day!

hippieschuh

Apr 19, 2011
I didnt get the confoirmation page but 30mins later I got the mail and it shows up on google wallet. i hope thats okay.
I ordered the bumper one hour later, that worked fine.

Even I was one of the first who ordered, I barely got through.
I wonder what will happen over in america...

oh and dont forgett to setup your CC in google wallet before you buy...

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
this sucks so bad. they sent me a mail at 9.40, i checked and it was already sold out. now i hear new devices will come "in weeks." wtf.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What if I cancel the other one too, does that mean I got my Nexus for free:confused:
    Wouldn't be surprising at all. Google is totally overextended with its logistics :D

I have a sealed 16gb version lying beside me. Would sell it for 420€+Postage. PN if someone is interested!
    Go shove it up your ass. No one likes assholes like you selling this device for much more than the price you paid.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4
    Looks like dhl got alot of work tomorrow in Germany ;)

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire mit Tapatalk 2

I don't think DHL will struggle with those 20 extra packages ;)
    Very honest and amateur 1st impression report

OK, I am one of the lucky ones got my order through within the fist minute two days ago, and also one of the lucky ones received the phone today from Feucht.

I have it shipped to my work place, instead of my home. I honestly do not want to tempt my roommates to do something stupid :)

Confession first: before N4, my first and only smartphone was galaxy gio with 2.3.6.

That said, the N4 is, for a long while, TOO fast for me :) I was used to open the phone wait for the app and think what to do. But as for N4, I click and the app is ready to go while I am even done thinking what to do. That also has to do with the fact that the Jelly Bean is totally new to me. Some times I do not even know where to go for the things I want. Yes, amateur indeed.

The biggest suggestion for you guys: GET A CASE!!! It does not matter how boring it looks like or how cheap. I answered a phone call outside on my way home. The glass felt like a piece of ice in a few minutes.
    I have this case: as other reviewers said, the power and the volume are not very easy to access.
    And I have this screen
    Also, the review already said, the front one is somewhat smaller than the actual screen size. But it is not much trouble.

I have to say, putting screen and case on took me a while. I am normally clumsy on this sort of things. So the best skin ever is not for me :)

Maybe I have read too many negative complaints before, My expectation was kind of low when I got it this morning around 11:30. Most of issues being reported were not there on my phone, except the wifi signal. The bar of signal changes even if I just turn around on the same spot. Any idea how to improve that?

Battery is great. Since I got it, I downloaded all my apps and play around and tried all the new functions. This should be counted as somewhat heavy use. 5 hours later it dropped from 87% original to 57% now. No doubt it can hold the entire day...oh, I did install go power master almost right away.

Over the lunch break, I went to the Eplus store, the closest phone store. The guy did not even check if I am using Eplus before he helped me to cut the sim card. So, here is the solution for your microsim card.

As for google now, it does respond to German command, but still English is preferred. I could ask questions in German, but google now does not speak German back to me. As for English, there can be a conversation :)

When I got the phone, I was asked to update to 4.2.1. So the phone was shipped with 4.2 on it.

My windows 7 has no problem recognizing the N4...no driver needed.

That's all for now. I am still learning...oh, btw, the 16G actually has less than 13G for you to use.

Question:
    I cannot find my google credit or any free movie people mentioned. Where is it? and if you think I need to know something, please post :) I am really a beginner here :)