FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus 4 undervolting

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ChooseMilan, Junior Member on 12th March 2017, 10:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've a 16GB Nexus 4 with Lineage OS 14.1.

I've read a lot of stuff about undervolting and to proceed I need a custom kernel with voltage control enabled.

I can't find any reliable kernel, Nexus 4 is pretty old, there aren't many kernels compatible with android 7.1 out there and given that I only want to undervolt, I don't like the idea of using a custom kernel with unneeded (for me) customisations other than voltage control.

1) Can I just change some parameters in my Lineage OS kernel in order to allow undervolt?
2) Which are these parameters?
3) Should I apply this customisations after every update?
4) Is there any way to choose which kernel pick up at boot? Like with GRUB in many Linux distro.

21st March 2017, 02:45 PM |#2  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Get kernel auditor mod on XDA developers install it make sure you have root on in lineage os and make sure BusyBox is installed and open app and install BusyBox to system
Then open ka mod and use CPU voltage control I use a global off set of -50 mv works well for me never set voltage below 700mv
Lineage os has a problem with bsod so be careful
When changing voltages click apply on boot and change by small increments every reboot ke3p trying till you get instability thrn go back up to last stable undervolting setting
21st March 2017, 02:54 PM |#3  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Her is a screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-03-21-07-52-02.png
Views:	146
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	4083245  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread