poor touchscreen sensitivity

53 Vote(s)
12.86%

[REF][POLL] Nexus 4 Issues [UPDATED 11/30/12]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ace7196, Guest on 16th November 2012, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here's a place to gather issues as you come across. Comment with additional issues as needed.

If you're happy, vote here.

Buzz from earphone speaker
- May be due to poor shielding. Some may be able to hear the frequency, some may not. 666FFF summed it up the best "...It's such a low crackle/hiss sound. You really need to press the phone against your head and be in a quiet room to hear it. Ambient sound is much louder. My only worry is if it is using battery constantly..."
Tell Google about it here. LEDs tend to produce a lot of noise, and with such a high density battery in the device, there could be some resonance occurring (since it buzzes/crackles all the time, but seems less so when in deep sleep).
[UPDATE] Seems it is a mfg. defect. Some people with their replacement phone/friend's phone have commented on it being fixed. However, others have reported the replacement is worse. So...buyer beware. If anyone knows how to figure out the batch number of our phones, maybe we could track it that way?

"Unreasonably" hot device
- The thermal conductivity is much higher in glass than plastic. I wouldn't worry about it.

Poor battery performance
- Give it a few charge cycles...Got 5 hours screen on, 20 hrs on, 5% left yesterday on first charge! Also disable location tracking via WiFi, and disable Google Currents auto-update.

Poor touchscreen sensitivity
- Not sure. Screen protector?

Feedback when plugged in.
- It's a ground loop. Google it and fix it.

Easy scratching/cracking
- Doesn't make much technical sense (http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/s...20b_050912.pdf), but perhaps things are cracking due to high thermal gradients (GG2 has a lower coef of expansion than GG1, so not sure why that would be the case...perhaps the thinner material?).
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ace7196 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ace7196 Ad-Free

16th November 2012, 06:33 PM |#2  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 165

Donate to Me
More
When has an Android phone gotten more than a day with moderate use? RAZR Maxx doesn't count.

But yes, I have noticed it getting very hot especially when charging. Probably because it is glass.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kangxi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kangxi Ad-Free
ace7196
16th November 2012, 07:11 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangxi

When has an Android phone gotten more than a day with moderate use? RAZR Maxx doesn't count.

But yes, I have noticed it getting very hot especially when charging. Probably because it is glass.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I get 2 with a crappy myTouch Q.

The thermal conductivity of glass is 5-10x greater than plastic, so I would think glass is the culprit.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
16th November 2012, 07:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Add rattle and yellow tint.
And touchscreen unresponsiveness.
16th November 2012, 07:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
The speaker make some noises - also if it is not in use. Hold it near to your ear and you can hear it. (pls test it). It crackle low.

Is there a bug report or something?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hexxer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hexxer Ad-Free
16th November 2012, 07:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
If your going to make an issues list please make sure you take into account how many phones have this issue.

I dont have any of these issues, and the battery 'issue' is not an issue at all. I am waiting for someone to pipe up about a rattle that can only be heard when shaking to phone near your ear!

Also take into account some issues phone may have will be faulty devices. A standard manufacturing fault rate is <3% however most are happy with <5%.
The Following User Says Thank You to GR36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GR36 Ad-Free
ace7196
16th November 2012, 07:37 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexxer

The speaker make some noises - also if it is not in use. Hold it near to your ear and you can hear it. (pls test it). It crackle low.

Is there a bug report or something?

The speaker (like to play music) or the earphone speaker (to listen to someone talk).

I already have the latter.
16th November 2012, 08:08 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace7196

The speaker (like to play music) or the earphone speaker (to listen to someone talk).

I already have the latter.

The earphone speaker
16th November 2012, 08:13 PM |#9  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 877

Donate to Me
More
I have an issue to add: Not everyone has a Nexus 4 yet, that's a HUGE issue!!
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to karendar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift karendar Ad-Free
16th November 2012, 08:29 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karendar

I have an issue to add: Not everyone has a Nexus 4 yet, that's a HUGE issue!!

Usefull posting. Go to your mum and cry
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hexxer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hexxer Ad-Free
16th November 2012, 08:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
My N4 seems to be getting pretty hot. Battery life could be better (it probably will). Rattling can only be heard shaking it quite violently next to my ear and even then it is quiet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)