Luckily, the 4.2.1 update is coming and it seems to be adding the missing month of December, as well as fixing the Bluetooth issues. The update is merely 1.1MB, so don’t expect any huge changes except for those bug fixes, but at least Google has managed to deliver the update before the actual month of December arrives.
Quick instructions if you are stock, unrooted without CWM. You MUST have unlocked your bootloader and have ADB (Android SDK installed) already for this to work.
1. Download this to your computer -> http://android.clients.google.com/pa...C.625f5f7c.zip
2. Turn off your phone
3. Hold down Volume - and Power to get into Fastboot
4. Scroll down to Recovery and enter.
5. On the No Command Android screen hold Power and Volume + to get to menu. Might take a few attempts to get timing right
6. On the menu select Update from ADB
7. Connect your phone to computer with USB
8. On computer type "adb sideload 625f5f7c6524.signed-occam-JOP40D-from-JOP40C.625f5f7c.zip"
9. You should then see this output: "sending: 'sideload' 100%"
10. Your phone screen will say System Update or something and it will install the OTA.
Once done just select reboot in recovery and you're done. You can use this method for ALL future OTAs - all you need is the update zip. This works on all Nexus including Nexus 7, assuming Nexus 10 and GNexus.
No longer need to wait for OTAs. Enjoy!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|