FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What modem do you prefer?

566 Vote(s)
79.49%

146 Vote(s)
20.51%

*UPDATED* [ZIP] All in One LTE Enabler, Flash ONE zip, and have BAND 4 LTE on any ROM

1,879 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,625

By bpear96, Senior Member on 10th July 2013, 11:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
App now available with the same functionality a zips below!

More info about app here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607221

Changelog:
12/7/2013: Updated zip for 4.4.1 Using cg87 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems . Updated script to try to prevent duplicate build.prop entries.

8/9/2013: Updated zip to remove the installation of the older outdated snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 audio file. This is not needed with the hybrid modem.

7/26/2013:
Updated to morrislee awesome hybrid radios. Works on 4.3 and 4.2! LTE awesomeness, and still has all the newer features (power management, audio on T-Mobile, etc.) from the newer radios.

What is it?:
  • I have created a AIO ZIP that can be flashed on your phones recovery and will enable lte.
  • It flashes the awesome.33/84 hybrid (or .27/84 depending on zip) radio/modem by morrislee, fixes audio by overwriting the necessary file, and automatically updates your build.prop with the needed changes.
  • ALSO this zip will put 2 CM Backup scripts in /system/addon.d , now if your phone supports CM Update scripts (CM of course,Carbon as well, and im sure alot more ROMS) you will only have to flash this ZIP once, it will automatically backup/restore the needed files and make the changes to enable LTE on each ROM Update, just like it currently does for GAPPS.

Click here to DOWNLOAD
  • .27/98 radio and .33/98 hybrid modem bundles available for download above. Recommended for KitKat users.
  • .27/84 and .33/84 hybrid modems are recommended for jellybean users . Also available at above link

Manually: (Depending on ROM)
  • You might have to manually enable LTE either in Settings-->Wireless &Networks More.. --> Mobile networks --> Change network mode to "LTE /GSM/WCDMA" (CM10 automatically did this for me)
  • If that's not an option and LTE isn't enabled, dial *#*#4636#*#* and Tap WCDMA from under "Set preferred network type". Select "LTE/GSM auto".
  • Depending on ROM you will either have to select or input LTE APN under Settings--> Wireless &Networks More.. --> Access Point --> (TMobile LTE APN is fast.t-mobile.com , most roms have this included)

FAQ:
Q. What modem should I use .27/84 hybrid or .33/84 hybrid
A. Try them both, see which one you like better. Test speed, battery life and reception with both. Results are different for everyone.

Q. Does this work with AT&T, Vodafone, Rogers etc
A. Flashing this ZIP will enable Band 4 LTE on your nexus 4, T-Mobile uses this in the USA. Check for Band 4 carriers here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Credits to: (make sure to send thanks to all involved!)
  • XDA user cg87 for 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems
  • XDA user morrislee for putting together the awesome .27 and .33 hybrid .84 modems!
  • XDA user haze_nme for making the orginal LTE build.prop script.
  • XDA user efant again for the original cwm-mako-NoAudioFixForTMobileUSA.zip
  • Anyone else involved in getting LTE working on this device.
The Following 341 Users Say Thank You to bpear96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bpear96 Ad-Free

10th July 2013, 11:23 PM |#2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thanks. I will try this out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eddy130306 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eddy130306 Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 11:25 PM |#3  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,120

More
Very well done. If I didn't manually do all that stuff, I would have tried it lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to kpjimmy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kpjimmy Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 11:29 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy130306

Thanks. I will try this out.

Glad to help , Let me know how it works for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpear96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bpear96 Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 11:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Forgive my phone retardedness:

Will this work if I am on stock 4.2.2?

Do i just need to root my phone and install this?
10th July 2013, 11:35 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PincheKeith

Forgive my phone retardedness:

Will this work if I am on stock 4.2.2?

Do i just need to root my phone and install this?

Yes it will work on stock 4.2.2, however you will need to unlock bootloader, and flash a custom recovery , which is needed to flash this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bpear96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bpear96 Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 11:35 PM |#7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Works flawlessly. This is just what I was looking for. .33 killed audio on paranoid android, but with this zip it fixes that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddy130306 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eddy130306 Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 11:42 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,425

More
very nice, thanks
(im out of thanks at the moment)
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simms22 Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 11:45 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Doesn't work. Flashed the cm 07092013 nightly over CM10.1.1 stable and the prop . build changes didn't stick.

The Following User Says Thank You to pwc realtor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pwc realtor Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 11:53 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwc realtor

Doesn't work. Flashed the cm 07092013 nightly over CM10.1.1 stable and the prop . build changes didn't stick.

Oh , my bad small error in update script. Going to upload fixed version now. The ZIP does work, and enable LTE fine , but CM Update scripts to keep it alive when you update ROM aren't coping over correctly.

EDIT: Links updated with new version
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bpear96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bpear96 Ad-Free
11th July 2013, 12:21 AM |#11  
Flag Tempe, AZ
Thanks Meter: 93

More
You should make a quick revert script to place everything the way it was before flashing this script.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to icepuente For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift icepuente Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)