More info about app here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607221
12/7/2013: Updated zip for 4.4.1 Using cg87 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems . Updated script to try to prevent duplicate build.prop entries.
8/9/2013: Updated zip to remove the installation of the older outdated snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 audio file. This is not needed with the hybrid modem.
Updated to morrislee awesome hybrid radios. Works on 4.3 and 4.2! LTE awesomeness, and still has all the newer features (power management, audio on T-Mobile, etc.) from the newer radios.
What is it?:
- I have created a AIO ZIP that can be flashed on your phones recovery and will enable lte.
- It flashes the awesome.33/84 hybrid (or .27/84 depending on zip) radio/modem by morrislee, fixes audio by overwriting the necessary file, and automatically updates your build.prop with the needed changes.
- ALSO this zip will put 2 CM Backup scripts in /system/addon.d , now if your phone supports CM Update scripts (CM of course,Carbon as well, and im sure alot more ROMS) you will only have to flash this ZIP once, it will automatically backup/restore the needed files and make the changes to enable LTE on each ROM Update, just like it currently does for GAPPS.
Click here to DOWNLOAD
- .27/98 radio and .33/98 hybrid modem bundles available for download above. Recommended for KitKat users.
- .27/84 and .33/84 hybrid modems are recommended for jellybean users . Also available at above link
Manually: (Depending on ROM)
- You might have to manually enable LTE either in Settings-->Wireless &Networks More.. --> Mobile networks --> Change network mode to "LTE /GSM/WCDMA" (CM10 automatically did this for me)
- If that's not an option and LTE isn't enabled, dial *#*#4636#*#* and Tap WCDMA from under "Set preferred network type". Select "LTE/GSM auto".
- Depending on ROM you will either have to select or input LTE APN under Settings--> Wireless &Networks More.. --> Access Point --> (TMobile LTE APN is fast.t-mobile.com , most roms have this included)
Q. What modem should I use .27/84 hybrid or .33/84 hybrid
A. Try them both, see which one you like better. Test speed, battery life and reception with both. Results are different for everyone.
Q. Does this work with AT&T, Vodafone, Rogers etc
A. Flashing this ZIP will enable Band 4 LTE on your nexus 4, T-Mobile uses this in the USA. Check for Band 4 carriers here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
Credits to: (make sure to send thanks to all involved!)
- XDA user cg87 for 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems
- XDA user morrislee for putting together the awesome .27 and .33 hybrid .84 modems!
- XDA user haze_nme for making the orginal LTE build.prop script.
- XDA user efant again for the original cwm-mako-NoAudioFixForTMobileUSA.zip
- Anyone else involved in getting LTE working on this device.