FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[VIDEO REVIEW] Nexus 4 - Still worth it after 5 years? Bonus comparison with the S3

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 45

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, I've created a video review of the Nexus 4 after I've used the phone for awhile. I really found it quite impressive given its age; therefore I decided to start a video series on the Nexus 4 too - below is the first video where I'm talking about using the device as a daily driver today, 5 years after its launch. I've also compared it with the rival S3. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/_-pZJLMjoxw

More Nexus 4 videos will come, some reviews of the best custom ROMs (Nougat and Oreo) and maybe some tips and tricks as well.

17th November 2017, 11:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I had a Nexus 5 before, it broke and I brought a second hand Nexus 4... Almost a year ago.

It still looks nicer than the majority of new releases and performance-wise is very much usable.

The only thing that really shows it's age is the camera (both of them). It lags SO much and is not really stable.
22nd November 2017, 10:49 PM |#3  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
I refurbished my old Nexus 4 and consider to use it as daily device. But, it's a 5 years old device and I wonder if it will perform enough under today's conditions, or not.
24th November 2017, 06:05 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 10,804

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesado

I refurbished my old Nexus 4 and consider to use it as daily device. But, it's a 5 years old device and I wonder if it will perform enough under today's conditions, or not.

Definitely it will! Try it out.

Nitin
24th November 2017, 01:20 PM |#5  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.chobhe

Definitely it will! Try it out.

Nitin

I will.
Thank you
28th November 2017, 07:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
The Nexus 4 really has stood the test of time. It even has Oreo ROMs... Not to mention a slew of alternative OSes (UBPorts, Sailfish, Firefox OS, LuneOS...). Even with some of its shortcomings (rear-facing speaker, meh battery life and cameras, no sd card support) it's my favorite Android device ever made and I love the back design and wireless charging.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best nexus 4 review, nexus 4, nexus 4 oreo, nexus 4 review, nexus 4 video review

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)