FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Can't get ADB with Jellybro (CM10.2)

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dotvezz, Junior Member on 1st August 2013, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So here's a curious issue I'm having today. I flashed Euroskank's latest Jellybro build, based on CM10.2. Clearly, I expected issues. However, I'm having the most curious problem connecting over ADB now!

Overview of my setup:
  • Updated Platform Tools (ADB Version is strangely the same as it was before though: 1.0.31)
  • Enabled Developer Settings and ADB on Device

Code:
~ $ adb devices
List of devices attached 
00310d2453155029	unauthorized
This isn't surprising. Factory settings and all. But I seem to remember previously, the authorization dialog popped up on my phone at this step. Not today.

Code:
~ $ adb shell
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.
This is the obvious result on that side. However, the confirmation dialog is not present at all on the device.

Anyone else have issues authorizing a computer for ADB? If you're working fine, any tips?

1st August 2013, 04:32 PM |#2  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1,494

More
Do you have the USB rules for Mako set up?
The Following User Says Thank You to CMNein For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CMNein Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 04:36 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Haymarket, VA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMNein

I apologize, but may I ask you to be more verbose? Thanks for the reply, by the way.

EDIT: I should mention that I had no problems using ADB immediately before flashing the new rom. Indeed, I used ADB Pull to pull my nandroid backups onto my computer (then sadly, removed them from the device).
1st August 2013, 04:42 PM |#4  
Flag Calgary

More
No worries; on Ubuntu I add the follow to /etc/udev/rules.d/99-android.rules

Code:
# Google Nexus 4 16 Gb
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee1", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # MTP media (multimedia device)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee2", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # MTP media with USB debug on(multimedia device)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee5", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # PTP media (camera)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee6", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # PTP media with USB debug on (camera)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee0", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # Bootloader
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="d001", MODE="0666", OWNER="your-login" # Recovery

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotvezz

I apologize, but may I ask you to be more verbose? Thanks for the reply, by the way.

EDIT: I should mention that I had no problems using ADB immediately before flashing the new rom. Indeed, I used ADB Pull to pull my nandroid backups onto my computer (then sadly, removed them from the device).

Hmmm....I'm on CM10.2 (my own compile, not Skank however). No issues with ADB on the windows side, I'll try from the Linux side later.
The Following User Says Thank You to CMNein For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CMNein Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 04:48 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Haymarket, VA

More
Quote:

No worries; on Ubuntu I add the follow to /etc/udev/rules.d/99-android.rules

[...]

Hmmm....I'm on CM10.2 (my own compile, not Skank however). No issues with ADB on the windows side, I'll try from the Linux side later.

I did not have any udev rules set up for the device before, but I did copy your sample and it unfortunately did not work. No change from before.
2nd August 2013, 06:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Apologies..But I am also having the same issue with ADB ..i.e. getting an error message even after updating Android SDK on my Windows 7 Laptop
List of devices followed by serial number and unauthorized.

Sometimes, my phone also gives an error message : System UI has stopped. Been struggling from the last 3 days with this. I am on 4.2.2 (MoDaCo Custom ROM) and tried to flash the OTA for 4.3 that came a few days back in UK. But was unable to flash the same as the phone gave an error message while trying to install. Hence, thought of using efrant's guide..

Any pointers would be appreciated..Else I was thinking that probably taking a backup through Titanium and reflashing stock might be the best bet?
2nd August 2013, 06:36 PM |#7  
Flag Calgary

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_htc_touch

Apologies..But I am also having the same issue with ADB ..i.e. getting an error message even after updating Android SDK on my Windows 7 Laptop

Sometimes, my phone also gives an error message : System UI has stopped. Been struggling from the last 3 days with this. I am on 4.2.2 (MoDaCo Custom ROM) and tried to flash the OTA for 4.3 that came a few days back in UK. But was unable to flash the same as the phone gave an error message while trying to install. Hence, thought of using efrant's guide..

Any pointers would be appreciated..Else I was thinking that probably taking a backup through Titanium and reflashing stock might be the best bet?

No issues for me on any of my Windows machines, kind of forgot to test it on Linux
3rd August 2013, 09:57 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_htc_touch

Update : Issue Resolved

Seems like this was an issue with ROM..I was on Jr 8 of MoDaCo 4.2.2, upgraded to Jr11 4.2.2 and am able to use ADB again now. It prompts me with that confirmation dialogue on both Unix and Windows
8th August 2013, 06:43 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotvezz

Code:
~ $ adb shell
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.
This is the obvious result on that side. However, the confirmation dialog is not present at all on the device.

I am experiencing the same thing on my stock rom/rooted Nexus 7 running 4.3...wtf happened to this all of a sudden? It will NOT re-authorize for the life of me. I have tried all sorts of things and it will not prompt me on the device to authorize. I basically am left with a choice to return to 4.2.2 and redo my ADB authorization and then update back to 4.3 or what? Aggravating!!!!!
8th August 2013, 08:49 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy28

I am experiencing the same thing on my stock rom/rooted Nexus 7 running 4.3...wtf happened to this all of a sudden? It will NOT re-authorize for the life of me. I have tried all sorts of things and it will not prompt me on the device to authorize. I basically am left with a choice to return to 4.2.2 and redo my ADB authorization and then update back to 4.3 or what? Aggravating!!!!!

Did you go into developer options and force it to deauthorize usb debugging? That worked for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J3FFTXD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J3FFTXD Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 08:56 AM |#11  

More
Yes, but I already fixed it on my own by rebuilding the adb_keys file on the device by appending to that from the key files from my PC that is hooked up to it. It still will not prompt for authorization prior to that even if I did as you said. I don't get it. Something broke somewhere after I updated to 4.3 from 4.2.2. I think I should maybe start 4.3 from scratch and root from there and give that a try. Thanks anyways for the suggestion!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)