FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ADB SIDELOAD] SuperSU flashable zip

641 posts
Thanks Meter: 86
 
By bobgeneric, Senior Member on 24th June 2014, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks!

Where find I one SuperSU.zip file to root my device through ADB SIDELOAD (stock recovery)?

My device:
- Boot loader LOCKED;
- UNroot;
- 4.4.3 stock.

I don't wanna install a custom recovery neither unlock the boot loader.
Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
 
 
24th June 2014, 07:09 PM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,428
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgeneric

Hi folks!

Where find I one SuperSU.zip file to root my device through ADB SIDELOAD (stock recovery)?

My device:
- Boot loader LOCKED;
- UNroot;
- 4.4.3 stock.

I don't wanna install a custom recovery neither unlock the boot loader.
Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

To flash the super su zip you need a custom recovery, for that you need to unlock the bootloader. You can find it by Google "supersu zip file xda"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
24th June 2014, 07:17 PM |#3  
bobgeneric's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

To flash the super su zip you need a custom recovery, for that you need to unlock the bootloader. You can find it by Google "supersu zip file xda"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

With the boot loader unlocked, will I update via OTA?
24th June 2014, 07:21 PM |#4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,428
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgeneric

With the boot loader unlocked, will I update via OTA?

Yes, you'll still get the ota. But, unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
24th June 2014, 10:33 PM |#5  
bobgeneric's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Yes, you'll still get the ota. But, unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Ow!! thanks.... better make a backup...

Can I re-lock and remove the custom Recovery after root?
24th June 2014, 11:13 PM |#6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,428
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgeneric

Ow!! thanks.... better make a backup...

Can I re-lock and remove the custom Recovery after root?

You can just boot into the custom recovery

fastboot boot recovery.img. You'll just boot into and not install it. Once you boot into it flash supersu. You're retain the stock recovery. You can then re-lock the bootloader if you want.

Oh, as an fyi, when you take an ota you do lose root so you may want to consider leaving the bootloader unlocked so you don't have to wipe your device again after the ota if you want to root it again

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jd1639 Ad-Free
4th January 2016, 03:28 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You can just boot into the custom recovery

fastboot boot recovery.img. You'll just boot into and not install it. Once you boot into it flash supersu. You're retain the stock recovery. You can then re-lock the bootloader if you want.

Oh, as an fyi, when you take an ota you do lose root so you may want to consider leaving the bootloader unlocked so you don't have to wipe your device again after the ota if you want to root it again

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Hey jed1639,
Is it possible to adb sideload the superSu.zip file on a galaxy S6 with Android 6.0 beta and encrypted mememory on it? Because, if I try to install the .zip file via the given Custom Recovery (PhilZ touch recovery) then I get the following error:

E: Can't mount /sdcard

This frustrates me. Could you help me?

Edit: Fixed! It works
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes