Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] No audio during call - Nexus 4 CM11

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By GandaBaccha, Junior Member on 31st October 2014, 06:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I have a Nexus 4 running CM11.
I am not getting any audio during calls. In the earpiece or speaker. Music, notifications, Skype, etc are working fine.
Tried using Soundabout, but that did not make any difference.

Sometimes when I boot the phone, I am getting audio in the first 3-4 calls that I make. But when I close the dialer and open it again, I don't get any audio

Thanks in advance!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GandaBaccha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GandaBaccha Ad-Free

1st November 2014, 03:26 PM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandaBaccha

Hi,

I have a Nexus 4 running CM11.
I am not getting any audio during calls. In the earpiece or speaker. Music, notifications, Skype, etc are working fine.
Tried using Soundabout, but that did not make any difference.

Sometimes when I boot the phone, I am getting audio in the first 3-4 calls that I make. But when I close the dialer and open it again, I don't get any audio

Thanks in advance!!

I'm experiencing the same issue with my nexus4/CM11...
Not found the cause nor the solution yet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to totospv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift totospv Ad-Free
1st November 2014, 04:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
I just made an update from nightly 20141024 to 20141031 and this issue is still present.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordDeath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LordDeath Ad-Free
1st November 2014, 08:56 PM |#4  

More
Exactly the same problem on Nexus 4. Manifested in snapshot M11.
The Following User Says Thank You to pupillo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pupillo Ad-Free
1st November 2014, 09:52 PM |#5  
Flag Camrose
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've been having the same issue.
I'm trying different basebands now but still no luck.
2nd November 2014, 03:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm using CyanogenMod 11 11-20141009-UNOFFICIAL-mako with baseband 2.0.1.1701.03 and I don't have this issue.
Flash the latest radio, try a clean flash then try again. Stay with the stock CM kernel too !
The Following User Says Thank You to funnoam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift funnoam Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 04:23 PM |#7  

More
I already have the latest baseband and I am using the official CM kernel. The issue started somewhere during last week's nightlies and it is very likely that even the upcoming M12 build has this issue on Nexus 4 devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordDeath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LordDeath Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 04:32 PM |#8  
Flag Camrose

More
Not a hardware problem
I wiped and flashed back to a factory 4.4.4 last night and the problem seems to be fixed. So at least we know it's not a hardware issue. I was also able to make calls through hangouts just fine.
I had already flashed the latest 1.03 radio as well as the original stock radio and most of the ones in between and that didn't work. Clearing data for the phone app didn't seem to do anything at all.
Try doing a clean install of the latest nightly or monthly and see if that works.
I bet that if you uninstall and reinstall the phone app that it would start working again.
3rd November 2014, 12:55 PM |#9  

More
I just created an issue on the bug tracker: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES-324
If you have any additional information please add them to the issue to improve the chances of a fast bug-fix.
3rd November 2014, 02:03 PM |#10  
Flag Camrose

More
still working
I knew I couldn't stay on stock very long.
Flashed 20141102 and in call audio is still working.
Did anyone try a clean install of the latest nightly?
22nd November 2014, 03:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Try to reset only the telephone app (com.android.phone) and reboot.
Worked for me.

EDIT: Doesn't work anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to mx82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mx82 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)