FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Crashes every morning since daylight savings time.

446 posts
Thanks Meter: 135

By burnski, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Edit: Seems this is a more widespread problem, looks like the consensus is that is has to do with Daylight Savings Time change & the wireless charging Orb. Some others with similar problem:

https://productforums.google.com/for...M/7IeU2q5uXDIJ

http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus4/comme..._taking_my_n4/

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...Stars&id=61868
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Original Post)

Hey guys. I have a 16GB Nexus 4 that is rooted (SuperSU 1.65), running CWM (6.0.3.6), stock radio, stock kernel, stock 4.3.

I installed the pre-released hangouts v2 that was extracted from the AOSP 4.4. It immediately started causing random apps to crash so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the original version of hangouts. Ever since then though, every morning when I take my phone off the charger (orb) whenever I try to open any google apps (gmail, settings, camera, etc) it will force close that app. Once I reboot the phone everything seems to be working fine until the next morning.

I have tried clearing the cache & dalvik but to no avail.

My last nandroid is from a few months ago so Id really like to have to reload that only as a last resort. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

5th November 2013, 05:26 PM |#2  
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,450

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnski

Hey guys. I have a 16GB Nexus 4 that is rooted (SuperSU 1.65), running CWM (6.0.3.6), stock radio, stock kernel, stock 4.3.

I installed the pre-released hangouts v2 that was extracted from the AOSP 4.4. It immediately started causing random apps to crash so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the original version of hangouts. Ever since then though, every morning when I take my phone off the charger (orb) whenever I try to open any google apps (gmail, settings, camera, etc) it will force close that app. Once I reboot the phone everything seems to be working fine until the next morning.

I have tried clearing the cache & dalvik but to no avail.

My last nandroid is from a few months ago so Id really like to have to reload that only as a last resort. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Try clearing the data of Google Services Framework. If that doesn't work, reflash your Gapps package.
The Following User Says Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free
5th November 2013, 05:43 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
thanks, I will give that a shot.
6th November 2013, 11:13 AM |#4  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Mine started doing this but not rooted and didn't install any pre-release apks. The clock even crashes while on the charger when it tries to sound the morning alarm.

A reboot clears it for the day but its back every morning. I reset the phone but no change.
6th November 2013, 03:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
crashes every morning
I think it has something to do with the time change???
crashes every morning.
stock rooted

whole bunch of other people too over at reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus4/comme..._taking_my_n4/

Anyone with any fix for instant Karma?
6th November 2013, 03:35 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
seems to be fixed. thanks.
6th November 2013, 03:39 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

which fix worked for you?
7th November 2013, 01:08 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I got the same problem, i click on clear cache of Google Service Framework but nothing happens!
Can you reproduce your steps?
7th November 2013, 02:42 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
whelp, i was wrong. When I woke up this morning, checked my email and it crashed. So I tried to go into settings to clear the framework and the settings crashed too. So I rebooted and its fine again. Any other ideas?
7th November 2013, 03:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same problem
I was the one that started that thread on Reddit. I've done a factory reset from the settings menu, cleared the cache data and factory reset via fastboot menu and the issue is still occurring. Phone is completely bone stock, no root or anything.

For me it started Saturday 11/2. I have been using the charging orb just as everyone else. I tried using my wall charger last night and I didn't have an issue. Not sure why out of the blue this could be the cause. I will be trying my orb again tonight to see if it reoccurs.
7th November 2013, 04:02 PM |#11  

More
Mine did not crash this morning, after clearing the google service framework yesterday.... now it might crash tomorrow.

here is my thought into the process... Are we all using the google alarm clock? and after the time change?

4.4 can't get here fast enough
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)