1,256 posts
Thanks Meter: 469

By CrazyPeter, Senior Member on 25th July 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2013, 11:28 PM |#21  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Tune In Radio was updated today, and persistent notifications are gone for me.

Can someone else confirm?

5th August 2013, 11:56 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPeter

I have a permanent notification:

"Tune In Radio Pro Is Running".

How do I get rid of this, without affecting the functionality of the app? (I want it to show a notification when I am listening to something).

Is this possible?

It would appear that Tunein released an update in Google Play that has fixed the bug with the ongoing notification
in the notification bar for the TuneIn Radio Pro app with the N4 and JB 4.3 as i found today.

EDIT - I missed the post before mine, so yes i can confirm that the issue has been fixed with an update.
6th August 2013, 06:18 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appaholic

It would appear that Tunein released an update in Google Play that has fixed the bug with the ongoing notification
in the notification bar for the TuneIn Radio Pro app with the N4 and JB 4.3 as i found today.

EDIT - I missed the post before mine, so yes i can confirm that the issue has been fixed with an update.

They also fixed the sound codec error on the Xperia Z. Just FYI.
9th August 2013, 08:17 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I don't know why tune in radio constantly needs to run in the background but there are apps like app lock that definitely need to, I don't know how this app could work if it didn't.. What could the dev do to fix this?
9th August 2013, 08:28 PM |#25  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaktoets

I don't know why tune in radio constantly needs to run in the background but there are apps like app lock that definitely need to, I don't know how this app could work if it didn't.. What could the dev do to fix this?

For what I've read, there are 3 options to devs:
1- let the apps as is, showing that annoying notification
2- show an app created notification always
3- put the app running in background really in background (but in this way Android can kill the app any moment when searching for memory and the user will never know that)

My opinion: let the user choose! If he do not want the app to be killed, accept the permanent notification (option 2). Otherwise keep in mind that the app can be killed anytime.
9th August 2013, 09:37 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2,249

More
Normally disabling "show notifications" in the AppOps in 4.3 *should* definitively work

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2
9th August 2013, 09:45 PM |#27  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihahn

Normally disabling "show notifications" in the AppOps in 4.3 *should* definitively work

Will work for a while: stop and start the app and the notification will be back. Besides the fact that doing this no notification at all will be showed for the app, which is not so good.
9th August 2013, 09:48 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2,249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_aguilar

Will work for a while: stop and start the app and the notification will be back. Besides the fact that doing this no notification at all will be showed for the app, which is not so good.

Okay didn't check that but it's true that if you disable it there you won't get any notifications at all

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2
26th October 2013, 07:46 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Swipepad and roundr (or any other app) notifications just come back after a reboot even though the app settings page notifications option remains unchecked

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
26th October 2013, 07:53 PM |#30  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 260

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxytab1

Swipepad and roundr (or any other app) notifications just come back after a reboot even though the app settings page notifications option remains unchecked

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Just check the notification option and then uncheck it,then its gone.U'll have to do this after every reboot.
26th October 2013, 07:55 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishv

Just check the notification option and then uncheck it,then its gone.U'll have to do this after every reboot.

I know that workaround, wish there was a way to make it happen automatically. I reboot once or twice a day and this gets annoying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
notifications

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)