FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HELP! Softbrick- no OS no Fastboot connection, No nothing

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By LOoOnARTs, Junior Member on 5th October 2019, 01:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys and girls,

yesterdays, my Nexus 4 started to act up extremly and it just wouldn´t want to wake up to Lineage, while the screen did lit up, but stied black. So I thought I just resest Lineage to default, but it was a big mistake. After resetting in Lineage menu, the phone started into bootloader and there was no OS and I couldn´t even get into TWRP as well. In conclusion, I´ve decided to fire up NexusToolKit and restore it to stock and just do it all over.
Restoring to stock worked fine, flashing TWRP went fine as well, but when I tried to install Lineage "Error 7" accured. Thing is, the phone won´t be recogniced by Windows or NexusToolKit at all anymore. Even when I manually enter bootloader and press ok it´s just "No device connected".

Is there anything left, I can do to unbrick it?
9th October 2019, 02:36 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 18,336

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOoOnARTs

Hi guys and girls,

yesterdays, my Nexus 4 started to act up extremly and it just wouldn´t want to wake up to Lineage, while the screen did lit up, but stied black. So I thought I just resest Lineage to default, but it was a big mistake. After resetting in Lineage menu, the phone started into bootloader and there was no OS and I couldn´t even get into TWRP as well. In conclusion, I´ve decided to fire up NexusToolKit and restore it to stock and just do it all over.
Restoring to stock worked fine, flashing TWRP went fine as well, but when I tried to install Lineage "Error 7" accured. Thing is, the phone won´t be recogniced by Windows or NexusToolKit at all anymore. Even when I manually enter bootloader and press ok it´s just "No device connected".

Did you try a different cable?

Nitin
17th October 2019, 12:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOoOnARTs

Hi guys and girls,

instale stock otra vez, asi se reparticiona el n4. seguro es que el pc no lo reconoce. luego siga las instrucciones para conectarlo nuevamente con nexusToolkit.
Luego de eso vuelva a rom personalizado. esta usando lineage 16 seguro. debe reparticionar para eso. yo lo uso con 8.1.1. no he querido poner 9.

traduzca... suerte.

MOD EDIT: translation (made with google translate)
install stock again, so the n4 is distributed. Surely the PC does not recognize it. then follow the instructions to connect it again with nexusToolkit.
After that return to custom rom. You are using lineage 16 for sure. You must deal for that. I use it with 8.1.1. I did not want to put 9.

translate ... luck.
25th October 2019, 08:49 PM |#4  
Moderator Committee / RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 18,948

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revalero

instale stock otra vez, asi se reparticiona el n4. seguro es que el pc no lo reconoce. luego siga las instrucciones para conectarlo nuevamente con nexusToolkit.
Luego de eso vuelva a rom personalizado. esta usando lineage 16 seguro. debe reparticionar para eso. yo lo uso con 8.1.1. no he querido poner 9.

traduzca... suerte.

Please use English language on XDA as per forum rule #4:
Quote:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

I have added the corresponding translation in your post as a courtesy.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Wood Man
Senior Moderator
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)