By xanthrax, Forum Moderator on 8th November 2012, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st October 2013, 08:32 PM |#12531  
Flag Salonica
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shengovind

That's it..!! Factory reset and SD.. You'll still be able to boot..
Correct me if I'm wrong guys..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thank you!i hope one more will reply,just to be sure

i wanna just boot to a phone like new,just with PA installed
The Following User Says Thank You to blade_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blade_ Ad-Free

1st October 2013, 08:35 PM |#12532  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 503

More
It's fine... Wipe data/factory reset and SD card wipe from recovery will do..
Bro.. Gapps gets erased I think.. Not sure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shengovind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shengovind Ad-Free
1st October 2013, 08:42 PM |#12533  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_

i wanna give my phone to a friend but i wanna wipe everything,except installed custom rom,PA

I was following this on the PA thread and wasn't sure how to wipe the SD.

Which recovery?
1st October 2013, 08:46 PM |#12534  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevansD

Which recovery?

Your custom recovery.. Cwm or twrp..
Advanced - SD card..

1st October 2013, 08:48 PM |#12535  
Flag Salonica

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevansD

Which recovery?

cwm touch
1st October 2013, 08:53 PM |#12536  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

Your custom recovery.. Cwm or twrp..
Advanced wipe- SD card..

Just booted into twrp to see and the option is listed as internal storage, not SD.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

@blade Just don't get confused and hit the format data option. You want to wipe not format.
1st October 2013, 08:55 PM |#12537  
Flag Bangalore

More
Both wait.. Let someone more experienced reply.. Like xanthrax..
I'm pretty sure that there's an option called wipe data that wipes SD card in twrp .. Next to the advanced wipe option..
In cwm there is wipe SD or something under advanced..
@blade_ wait a second.. I think gapps gets erased.. Let a more experienced person reply..

1st October 2013, 09:01 PM |#12538  
Flag Salonica

More
thanks ill wait!

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

options are

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe davlik cache

format system
format data
format cache
format sdcard
format data and data/media
1st October 2013, 09:11 PM |#12539  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nexus 4 bricked by PAC-man
My Nexus 4 is truly bricked. It's not on some infinite boot loop or any of that bs. It's actually bricked. I installed the P.A.C rom like the post on here said to do. Since XDA has a bs rule about not being able to post in dev posts if you have no posts made yet I have to post my grievances here. Some of you might be thinking "Oh it's just some dumb kid who didn't know what he was doing" Nope I've been doing this to my phones for years, so I'm pretty experienced in this field. anyways.. I installed pac and it got stuck in an infinite boot loop..I said okay whatever.., so i went over all the normal stuff to get rid of the boot loop and absolutely nothing worked, so I went to my backups. I have 3 back ups or had I should say. Every single time i tried to restore my backups they failed completely..What the f*** did PAC rom do to my phone that I wasn't even able to restore my back ups?! I did everything and nothing works now the PAC boot artwork doesn't even show it's just a blank screen.
1st October 2013, 09:13 PM |#12540  
Thanks Meter: 539

More
Quote:

Both wait.. Let someone more experienced reply.. Like xanthrax..
I'm pretty sure that there's an option called wipe data that wipes SD card in twrp .. Next to the advanced wipe option..
In cwm there is wipe SD or something under advanced..
@blade_ wait a second.. I think gapps gets erased.. Let a more experienced person reply..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_

thanks ill wait!

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

options are

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe davlik cache

format system
format data
format cache
format sdcard
format data and data/media

If you want to wipe all your personal data off the device, it means you need to wipe the entirety of /data, including the "sdcard" mounted at /data/media. In TWRP, hit Wipe, then Format Data and type "yes" to confirm. This will remove the data and the .apk for all apps you have installed, and erase anything you had stored on the sdcard. Gapps and other system apps will not be affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balkazar666

My Nexus 4 is truly bricked. It's not on some infinite boot loop or any of that bs. It's actually bricked. I installed the P.A.C rom like the post on here said to do. Since XDA has a bs rule about not being able to post in dev posts if you have no posts made yet I have to post my grievances here. Some of you might be thinking "Oh it's just some dumb kid who didn't know what he was doing" Nope I've been doing this to my phones for years, so I'm pretty experienced in this field. anyways.. I installed pac and it got stuck in an infinite boot loop..I said okay whatever.., so i went over all the normal stuff to get rid of the boot loop and absolutely nothing worked, so I went to my backups. I have 3 back ups or had I should say. Every single time i tried to restore my backups they failed completely..What the f*** did PAC rom do to my phone that I wasn't even able to restore my back ups?! I did everything and nothing works now the PAC boot artwork doesn't even show it's just a blank screen.

No... you're not bricked. What do you mean your backups "failed"? Was there an error while restoring, or did they not fix the problem? Okay, the PAC bootanimation doesn't show, but how about the bootloader? Can you get into that? How about recovery? You need to provide more details for sure. But you're not bricked.
The Following User Says Thank You to korockinout13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift korockinout13 Ad-Free
1st October 2013, 09:14 PM |#12541  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by balkazar666

My Nexus 4 is truly bricked. It's n...work doesn't even show it's just a blank screen.

Woah.. Cool down..
Have a cup of coffee..

Can you get into bootloader?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)