Thanks Meter: 16,412

By xanthrax, Forum Moderator on 8th November 2012, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2013, 08:33 PM |#2511  
Thanks Meter: 504

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexiboyyy

I first did the basic you know delete data bla bla bla but when I had the rom flashed I had 9 gigabytes free of 13 with less than 100 mb in all the data catigories, after going through and deep searching my phone (its rooted btw) I couldn't find anything that would be causing this... I had about 3 gigabytes of music on my Nexus from Google play. I asked google about it and they said to do a factory reset...

It sounds like you've encountered a common bug among people who reflash--your phone is the 16GB model but thinks it's the 8GB model. See this thread for fixing instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2033692
The important thing is to use the STOCK recovery (don't worry, you can put your custom recovery back afterwards if you want).
The Following User Says Thank You to fenstre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fenstre Ad-Free

12th February 2013, 10:37 PM |#2512  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I love this phone, just wish there was the ability to include a 4way boot. Is there a flashable zip that can give me that functionality?
12th February 2013, 10:51 PM |#2513  
Senior Moderator - Illuminati Confirmed
Flag Nusquam sed ubique
Thanks Meter: 6,076

Donate to Me
More
Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTavaress

I want to know how to install a zip MOD without the use of CWM. I googled it already and didn't really get it... Does anyone have a useful link?

You have to use a custom recovery for something like that.

Sent from my Nexus
12th February 2013, 11:16 PM |#2514  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmadrigal

1. Yes, you can run a recovery without actually flashing it using fastboot. Just run fastboot boot "c:\location\to\recovery.img". Doing this would allow you to flash the root package and retain the stock recovery. But you could always reflash the stock recovery as well.

Sorry for bothering you guys here. I'm a big noob when it comes to the more difficult things about android.

Can someone maybe give me a quick instruction how I can root my stock untouched N4 without installing a custom recovery or show me the thread(s) where I can read how it works? That would be awesome

Or is it easier to just root and install CWM recovery on my N4 and when an official Google update comes out, to just install it via a .zip file through CWM?

EDIT:
I just saw this thread [[NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT V1.3.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE] from mskip. Is it possible to just use this program to perform my desired actions? That would be great, a program for dummies
12th February 2013, 11:53 PM |#2515  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,375

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3l_P3sc4d0r

Sorry for bothering you guys here. I'm a big noob when it comes to the more difficult things about android.

Can someone maybe give me a quick instruction how I can root my stock untouched N4 without installing a custom recovery or show me the thread(s) where I can read how it works? That would be awesome

Or is it easier to just root and install CWM recovery on my N4 and when an official Google update comes out, to just install it via a .zip file through CWM?

EDIT:
I just saw this thread [[NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT V1.3.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE] from mskip. Is it possible to just use this program to perform my desired actions? That would be great, a program for dummies

Another stickie right under this thread
The Following User Says Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift undercover Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 01:05 AM |#2516  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover

Another stickie right under this thread

Thanks for the hint, but I just installed the LG Google Nexus 4 ToolKit of mskip. It made a very good impression to me. It's quite noob-friendly

Can someone tell me which option I have to take when I just want to root my N4 (stock android) without changing the recovery?
Is it option 1? (I don't understand half of the words...)

13th February 2013, 01:41 AM |#2517  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3l_P3sc4d0r

Thanks for the hint, but I just installed the LG Google Nexus 4 ToolKit of mskip. It made a very good impression to me. It's quite noob-friendly

Can someone tell me which option I have to take when I just want to root my N4 (stock android) without changing the recovery?
Is it option 1? (I don't understand half of the words...)

Any of the choices will require the recovery to be changed, just root it normally, forgetting about the recovery and then flash the stock recovery later on if you wish
edit: I'm not 100% sure about the recovery requirement, but this method will work 100%
The Following User Says Thank You to noobiekins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noobiekins Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 04:03 AM |#2518  
surat
Thanks Meter: 354

More
I am going to buy nexus 4 today.
Can someone tell me how is battery life as i got mix responce on google+ group.
My use is 1hr of subway surfer in morning,
Than on standby till i leave office at 6;pm and then 2 hrs of music playback and 1 hr of gaming and than 9to 12 chatt on nimbuzzz.

Sent from my Spice Mi-355 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

And can someone tell me how much free storage do i get on 8gb version? Does it support usb otg?

13th February 2013, 04:03 AM |#2519  
Thanks Meter: 778

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjunraj

Than on standby till i leave office at 6;pm and then 2 hrs of music playback and 1 hr of gaming and than 9to 12 chatt on nimbuzzz.

It mainly depends on clock speed, UV, ROM optimizations, and display brightness. That's a pretty hefty day. How bright do you think your gonna have the screen? Also, will this be on stock, or are you gonna flash into a world of wonder?

Connor Baker
13th February 2013, 04:14 AM |#2520  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,373

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjunraj

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

And can someone tell me how much free storage do i get on 8gb version? Does it support usb otg?

5.67 GB storage on the 8gb

I get 4 to 4.5 hours screen on time on every charge I'm running Rootbox ROM with Harshs kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 04:16 AM |#2521  
Thanks Meter: 778

More
Nevermind.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)