13th February 2013, 04:16 AM |#2521  
Thanks Meter: 778

More
Nevermind.

13th February 2013, 04:35 AM |#2522  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
dalvik cache: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
Hi Guys, Im not sure whether its normal or not. While in recovery, i tried wiping the dalvik cache and the following massage came out

unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
dalvik cache wiped

Does yours shows the same massage while you wipe your dalvik cache and is it normal? Hope you guys can help...cheers
13th February 2013, 04:38 AM |#2523  
surat
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Baker

It mainly depends on clock speed, UV, ROM optimizations, and display brightness. That's a pretty hefty day. How bright do you think your gonna have the screen? Also, will this be on stock, or are you gonna flash into a world of wonder?

Connor Baker

I keep brightness to 50% always
I dont use gps, maps.navigation, google now i disable them
My use is very basic
2hrs of music
2hrs of gaming
3hrs of chatting and at weekends i watch movies in my phone

My current phone gives me good battery
I unplugg charger at 7 am and from 8to9 i listen music while reading gogi.in, gsmarena, phonearena in opera mini
Then i put my phone aside till 6m an then i start chatting while listning music
And i reach home at 8m then i watch few videos (downloaded) and some chatting on whatsapp and at 11pm my phone dies

Can i get same or better battery with nexus 4? Either now or in next update from google?

Sent from my Spice Mi-355 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 04:42 AM |#2524  
Thanks Meter: 778

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryho

Hi Guys, Im not sure whether its normal or not. While in recovery, i tried wiping the dalvik cache and the following massage came out

dalvik cache wiped

Does yours shows the same massage while you wipe your dalvik cache and is it normal? Hope you guys can help...cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjunraj

I keep brightness to 50% always
I dont use gps, maps.navigation, google now i disable them
My use is very basic
2hrs of music
2hrs of gaming
3hrs of chatting and at weekends i watch movies in my phone

My current phone gives me good battery
I unplugg charger at 7 am and from 8to9 i listen music while reading gogi.in, gsmarena, phonearena in opera mini
Then i put my phone aside till 6m an then i start chatting while listning music
And i reach home at 8m then i watch few videos (downloaded) and some chatting on whatsapp and at 11pm my phone dies

Can i get same or better battery with nexus 4? Either now or in next update from google?

For the Dalvik Cache:

This happens to me all the time. I believe it is because the nexus tries to mount an external micro-SDcard, and receives an error because it cannot find one (because it doesn't have a slot for it).

For the battery:

It should last a while... I mean the gaming is definitely gonna take a toll on the CPU/GPU, but the music shouldn't be too bad on the battery. I think it will probably die before you current phone because it has a way faster CPU/GPU, and a larger screen as well. So it's a lot more to power. The battery is larger too though. So... YMMV.

Connor Baker
The Following User Says Thank You to Connor Baker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Connor Baker Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 04:51 AM |#2525  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 801

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryho

dalvik cache wiped

Completely normal. Think nothing of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to trell959 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trell959 Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 05:28 AM |#2526  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trell959

Completely normal. Think nothing of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:

For the Dalvik Cache:

This happens to me all the time. I believe it is because the nexus tries to mount an external micro-SDcard, and receives an error because it cannot find one (because it doesn't have a slot for it).

For the battery:

It should last a while... I mean the gaming is definitely gonna take a toll on the CPU/GPU, but the music shouldn't be too bad on the battery. I think it will probably die before you current phone because it has a way faster CPU/GPU, and a larger screen as well. So it's a lot more to power. The battery is larger too though. So... YMMV.

Connor Baker

Glad that its not...haha. Thanks for the feedbacks buddies!
13th February 2013, 06:03 AM |#2527  
surat
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:

For the Dalvik Cache:

For the battery:

Connor Baker

Thx bro
Now i m confused
Should i buy this phone or not?
A phone with 10gb ram
1 zottabyte of internal storage octacore processor 1080p display is useless if we cant use it for more than 4hrs.
I want this phone.
Is there any extended battery available? Or the wireless charger is really wireless?

13th February 2013, 07:53 AM |#2528  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Cool How not to vibrate?
Hi guys, I am just new with this phone, I just get my phone this past Saturday. SO the setting is almost like it's from stock.

Can you help me please? Cause I am trying to eliminate unnecessary vibrations when I am using my phone. I already get rid of vibration when entering texts. Now, I want to removed those unnecessary vibrations say when leaving the Home Screen, then when closing an app... and other unnecessary vibrations.

Thanks in advance.
13th February 2013, 07:57 AM |#2529  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 855

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.JC

Hi guys, I am just new with this phone, I just get my phone this past Saturday. SO the setting is almost like it's from stock.

Can you help me please? Cause I am trying to eliminate unnecessary vibrations when I am using my phone. I already get rid of vibration when entering texts. Now, I want to removed those unnecessary vibrations say when leaving the Home Screen, then when closing an app... and other unnecessary vibrations.

Thanks in advance.

Disable "vibrate on touch" in sound settings
The Following User Says Thank You to Michealtbh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Michealtbh Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 08:42 AM |#2530  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Bernard

Hi,

I want to change the grey back ground to black. Apologize if this was already discussed.

For eq: if you go to Gallery (pictures) or settings the background is grey. Is there a way to change it to black ?.

I have been in PA + Motley 35. Its great, But I didnt know how to change the back ground.

Is there any Theme /ROM for doing it ?

Thanks,
Franklin B.

Hi,

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
13th February 2013, 09:09 AM |#2531  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 855

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Bernard

Hi,

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

There are loads of themes on Google Play, try some
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)