• NO

Votes: 69 5.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
Noob question ... is the stock ROM coming without tethering option ?:confused:
Below is a custom rom...
You definitely did not choose the wrong thread :)
sent from my Darkside of Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366986456593.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366986456593.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

xanthrax

Oh thanks guys... I've wiped my stock 6 min after purchase :D
So, the next question comes... why does he need an app when the option is already there?

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

@undercover

I'm testing the Harsh stock w/ UV, gamma, and faux sound. I see that touch control works too. I just used trickster to set my gamma to the contrasty option and turn on sweep to wake. I'll let u know my results...:)

Sent by my Kitteh he chews on muffins on my Sexy Nexi 4 using Tapatalk

I've promised to do that too... I will ...but I'm so happy with my franco atm..:)

4L3xN3t

Jan 12, 2009
Rome
mh...interesting...I already tried that particular version of the app (3.3 pre2) and I'm astonished...in the lan section of app-settings, between "change lan" and "routing fix" there's nothing:crying:

Noob question ... is the stock ROM coming without tethering option ?:confused:
Below is a custom rom...
You definitely did not choose the wrong thread :)

yes, there is the tethering option

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Oh thanks guys... I've wiped my stock 6 min after purchase :D
So, the next question comes... why does he need an app when the option is already there?

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I've promised to do that too... I will ...but I'm so happy with my franco atm..:)

I'll let u know the results. Its silky smooth I can tell that much right now :D

Sent by my Kitteh he chews on muffins on my Sexy Nexi 4 using Tapatalk

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
Anyone knows how to have emoji keyboard over any rom? A zip flashable or something?

If you are just looking for one for texting, I use Handcent and got the emoji plugin with it. I then enabled the iPhone version of emoji and I haven't heard of any issues when I use it.

Yep, keep on going :)
Your recovery wont be visible in your pc nor in your phone without a file manager with root permissions, solid explorer in my case below
As you can see the backup is located in root/system/data/media/clockworkmode/backup
Haven't tried but I think it can be copied to sdcard0 and from there to your pc
Easier and safer is to pull the folder via toolkit provided by mskip

Your sdcard should be mapped to a couple of locations. It really resides in /data/media/0, but that same folder should also show up in /sdcard, /storage/emulated/0, /storage/emulated/legacy, and /storage/sdcard0. All the content should be the same in every one of those folders. None of it is duplicated as they all point to the same place.

Thanks for your reply. I've been looking for the part and it seems my best price of the oem one is around 120. LG seems like they'll charge 130 for the repair should I go with that instead of do it myself?

My personal opinion on this... $120 will get you the screen, but you still have to take apart your device to replace it, thus voiding any warranty (and dealing with the complexity of the phone while taking it apart). Paying an extra $10 (plus any shipping) means that you will get your phone professionally repaired and it will likely keep your warranty intact. I would have LG do it (they may even be willing to do an advanced exchange and send you a new unit and once you get it, you send the old one back... HTC did this for me with my Nexus One).

how abt a T9 dailer mod For stock rom

No need for a mod. They have plenty available in the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=t9+dialer&c=apps

Reactions: xanthrax
If you are just looking for one for texting, I use Handcent and got the emoji plugin with it. I then enabled the iPhone version of emoji and I haven't heard of any issues when I use it.

Your sdcard should be mapped to a couple of locations. It really resides in /data/media/0, but that same folder should also show up in /sdcard, /storage/emulated/0, /storage/emulated/legacy, and /storage/sdcard0. All the content should be the same in every one of those folders. None of it is duplicated as they all point to the same place.

My personal opinion on this... $120 will get you the screen, but you still have to take apart your device to replace it, thus voiding any warranty (and dealing with the complexity of the phone while taking it apart). Paying an extra $10 (plus any shipping) means that you will get your phone professionally repaired and it will likely keep your warranty intact. I would have LG do it (they may even be willing to do an advanced exchange and send you a new unit and once you get it, you send the old one back... HTC did this for me with my Nexus One).

No need for a mod. They have plenty available in the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=t9+dialer&c=apps

I mean exactly this emoji keyboard that comes on stock.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366988240888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366988240888.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 65

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Thanks for your reply. I've been looking for the part and it seems my best price of the oem one is around 120. LG seems like they'll charge 130 for the repair should I go with that instead of do it myself?

I think I've seen it for £65.

If it is indeed £120 than obviously for a tenner it's worth sending it to LG.

Sent from my fridge. Make: LG Model: N⁴

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

did someone noticed that the help thread animation logo is misspelled ? is written THEAD instead THREAD :angel:
From my surgical point of view we need an ...implant :D

Damn you.

Ive been telling @undercover that for ages. No one else has noticed until now, congratulations for being more observant than everyone else :thumbup:

“I've had great success being a total idiot. ”*―*Jerry Lewis

And damn you for revealing how lazy i am.

Sent from my fridge. Make: LG Model: N⁴

xanthrax

don`t worry , i`ll speak to anesthetist to prepare the patient
first we must take an ECG , as per protocol and for the doctor an ENT appointment ... and Ophthalmic also ... considering the huge amount of time spent in front of his monitor

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Finally! We have MTP natively on ubuntu!!! :)

are you on 13.04 or LTS ? what do you recommend ?

don`t worry , i`ll speak to anesthetist to prepare the patient
first we must take an ECG , as per protocol and for the doctor an ENT appointment ... and Ophthalmic also ... considering the huge amount of time spent in front of his monitor

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

are you on 13.04 or LTS ? what do you recommend ?

13.04, never made to get it work on older versions. Now it's native, you don't have to configure anything!

Reactions: xanthrax

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
I mean exactly this emoji keyboard that comes on stock.

Did you already try this one that is on the Play Store? I know it isn't the same that you had, but it may be enough.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.klncity1.emojikeyboard

Ive been telling @undercover that for ages. No one else has noticed until now, congratulations for being more observant than everyone else :thumbup:

I might've noticed if it wasn't hosted on a site that is blocked at my work (which is usually the only place I have time to visit xda). As it stands, I don't see the image at all :cyclops:

eXtremeLT

Mar 17, 2011
Vilnius/Copenhagen
Good evening every one :)
I've encountered a small problem that appears sometimes on my 304k nexus(the version might matter):
4.2.2 both stock/franco kernel:
Sometimes when i plug in my phone to charge(i charge only from laptop, thus it's in media device mode(MTP)) my digitizer starts to lag. It works, but every few secs i feel like it freezes or lags for a milisecond, which leads into incorrect understanding of my touch inputs. If i unplug cable - everything is fine. Tested on different temperatures - doesn't seems like it's a heating issue.
Appears randomly, thus i have it connected atm and no problem, any ideas what it could be?

Last edited:
Did you already try this one that is on the Play Store? I know it isn't the same that you had, but it may be enough.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.klncity1.emojikeyboard

I might've noticed if it wasn't hosted on a site that is blocked at my work (which is usually the only place I have time to visit xda). As it stands, I don't see the image at all :cyclops:

Doesn't work on twitter at least.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366997397886.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366997397886.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 74

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on XDA.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in post no2, you might find what you need right away.

For ROM issues please do mention in your post about:
    ROM name
    ROM version and base
    kernel version and its settings
    any mods applied on top of it
    flashing "style" aka dirty or clean
    something like this
    ...and be sure you have asked before on the ROM thread unless you have less than 10 posts on XDA

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

***I feel that a little OT is healthy to the success of this type of thread. The people here who help the most will develop a comradery therefore OT is allowed within reason. Common sense will be applied ;)***

HALL OF FAME
    People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions. In no particular order. These people also have the right to use the banner below :)
    eep2378
    bassmadrigal
    Stryder5
    trell959
    thephantom
    -Asskicker-
    DowntownJeffBrown ��
    azrash
    rskyline
    fenstre
    undercover
    scream4cheese
    xanthrax
    gee2012
    spaceman860
    zelendel
    Android Pizza
    Chromium_
    Jugg1es
    shengovind
    OhDae-su
    abaaaabbbb63
    Berrydroidcafe
    themike10452
    plegdroid
    jd1639

HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif

Just add this code to your sig
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980135"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26257623/HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    WALL OF SHAME! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es

This post is not just duplicate of kidCarter93 Index thread. This is to be used to point people in the right direction.
    Example:
    Q: How can i unlock my Nexus 4?
    A: Go post no2, link no5

No spoonfeeding, user pointed in the right direction, you get your kudo- everyone happy!

1. [REF] Nexus 4: Technical Specification Breakdown by l0st.prophet

2. [REF]Specs,Reviews,Videos,FAQ,Development | Things you need to know about the Nexus4 by eep2378 and Prawesome

3. [INDEX] ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Guides, etc by KidCarter93

4. Standalone ADB with FASTBOOT by tinky1 (extract anywhere and double click on .bat file)

5. [DRIVERS] Nexus 4 Driver for Windows by Stryder5

6. [REF][GUIDE][11/03/2012] Unlocking the Bootloader by TheDarkDefender

7. [ROOT][CONFIRMED WORKING] Root Nexus 4 Using Insecure Boot Image and ADB by HQRaja

8. Nexus 4 Stock OTA and Factory Image URLs by oldblue910

9. [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # by efrant

10. [NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE by mskip

11. [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh
    hey guys sorry for asking this but I try to get titanium back up pro from blackmart alpha. first I download the free version from blackmart alpha and then I download the pro key. but after I install it, the pro key is not working. any idea why? it also happen to app like nova launcher prime :confused:

please help me :eek:

thx

Buy it.
    Linaro is not only in the kernels, I believe it is a compiler and it's "hot" with new roms right now. There's a feature with Google Talk, if you use Talk as your voicemail, you're able to play the voicemail in the call log screen without going to Talk app. Linaro breaks it due to audio libs or something alike.

In all seriousness now, how do I install ios 6 on my nexus 4?
    /s

1. Get iPhone 5
    2. Place N4 next to it
    3. Drop a brick on iPhone
    4. Watch it's soul leave the body and transfer to N4
    5. Success rate infinity/1

No no no, I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm a grammar Commie!
    Hello everyone, I'm pretty much new to XDA and modding in general. I own a Nexus 4 and I wanted to flash the Paranoid Android ROM.

My two cents;

1. Learn how to use adb and stay away from toolkits. They work brilliantly but opaquely and it's in your best interest to know what's happening with your phones firmware in detail.

2. Don't do anything until you learn how to make, store and restore nandroid backups. The N4 is virtually unbrickable and PA is rock solid after the 4.3 merge.

I'm a novice as well but modding is fascinating to me. Since my only phone is also a business phone I usually wait till Friday to flash new software so I have time to restore in the event of problems. Hasn't happened yet. Have fun.