Thanks Meter: 16,428

By xanthrax, Forum Moderator on 8th November 2012, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2013, 05:58 PM |#2541  
Flag Ipoh
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Wrong Information ?
Hi, I asked a phone vendor about the Nexus 4, he said that he wouldn't recommend me this phone. Why ?? because he said that this phone isn't suitable for personal use and is only for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Net, above all he also mentioned that I need to pay extra money to unlock some Google Services (like, what the hell is Google Service, I haven't even heard it before). So....

1. Is he talking crap ? (about the "paying to unlock Google Service" thing) , or maybe it is because of regional difference ?? (I am from Malaysia, does that make a difference ?)

2. As far as I know, all smartphones are capable/made for going on the Net, hence isn't the "for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Net“ issue also applicable to other high-end smartphones ?? I dont see why it should discourage me from buying the phone albeit me being a moderate phone user.

Thanks in advance.

13th February 2013, 06:10 PM |#2542  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,373

More
Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haige

Hi, I asked a phone vendor about the Nexus 4, he said that he wouldn't recommend me this phone. Why ?? because he said that this phone isn't suitable for personal use and is only for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Net, above all he also mentioned that I need to pay extra money to unlock some Google Services (like, what the hell is Google Service, I haven't even heard it before). So....

1. Is he talking crap ? (about the "paying to unlock Google Service" thing) , or maybe it is because of regional difference ?? (I am from Malaysia, does that make a difference ?)

2. As far as I know, all smartphones are capable/made for going on the Net, hence isn't the "for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Net“ issue also applicable to other high-end smartphones ?? I dont see why it should discourage me from buying the phone albeit me being a moderate phone user.

Thanks in advance.

Yup he's talking crap.

I've owned 7 smart phones and this is by far the most user friendly high end smartphone I've ever owned. I would highly recommend the N4 to a new android user or a Developer

Oh yea I have no clue what the vendor was talking about with having to pay more for Google services that's BS

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DowntownJeffBrown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DowntownJeffBrown Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 06:12 PM |#2543  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 2,264

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

1) he's an absolute moron, nothing he told you is factual.

2) you can do everything with the N4 as you would with any other smartphone.

3) I suggest reading through this thread ( yeah I know its long) there is a wealth of information and most(if not all) of your questions have been answered here

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier
The Following User Says Thank You to eep2378 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eep2378 Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 06:38 PM |#2544  
Somewhere in between
Thanks Meter: 450

More
Out of curiosity haige, what did he recommend?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 07:04 PM |#2545  
Flag Ipoh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom

Out of curiosity haige, what did he recommend?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

He told me that "I am better off using Samsung devices" ... I think its because he doesn't sell N4, so he purposely talked crap so that I'll buy Samsung devices from him

Anyway, I'm still choosing N4, prefer the size and UI and the speedy update from Google, and also the PRICE.
13th February 2013, 07:15 PM |#2546  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 2,264

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

He told me that "I am better off using Samsung devices" ... I think its because he doesn't sell N4, so he purposely talked crap so that I'll buy Samsung devices from him

Anyway, I'm still choosing N4, prefer the size and UI and the speedy update from Google, and also the PRICE.

Speedy updates? Have you been following this 4.2.2 thing

13th February 2013, 07:15 PM |#2547  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,373

More
Quote:

Its a beautiful phone you will love it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 07:16 PM |#2548  
Thanks Meter: 504

More
Quote:

this phone isn't suitable for personal use and is only for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Net, above all he also mentioned that I need to pay extra money to unlock some Google Services

I think I know what he meant, and he's right (though he didn't explain well). This phone maxes out at 16GB internal storage (about 13 is usable), with no SD card slot. To effectively use a medium or large collection of music or videos, you need to store it online. So you need to have internet access 24-hours, and if you want to use Google Music (or the alternative services), you'll need to pay for a big data plan (or be on wifi all the time).

But don't get a Samsung if you care about basic usability. (IMO, obviously.)
13th February 2013, 08:43 PM |#2549  
Thanks Meter: 480

More
Is there any way to enable notification led while charging on stock? Haven't got a chance to root it yet.
Edit: never mind just realized it only works with screen off.

Sent from my stock nexus 4 loving every second!
13th February 2013, 08:44 PM |#2550  
Flag Sherman
Thanks Meter: 15

More
updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378

Speedy updates? Have you been following this 4.2.2 thing

THIS made me laugh. you'd think the world was ending since maguro got an ota before mako.
13th February 2013, 08:45 PM |#2551  
Flag Ipoh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre

I think I know what he meant, and he's right (though he didn't explain well). This phone maxes out at 16GB internal storage (about 13 is usable), with no SD card slot. To effectively use a medium or large collection of music or videos, you need to store it online. So you need to have internet access 24-hours, and if you want to use Google Music (or the alternative services), you'll need to pay for a big data plan (or be on wifi all the time).

Thanks for the info, though I am most certainly NOT going to store 13GB of musics and videos in my phone, I've my notebook for handling games n multimedia + external HDD for storage, why would I use my phone as a storage. Besides, I am using WiFi at home and I rarely even touch my packet data. Just promise me that the basics (Google Maps, Google Now, and Google *whatever*) are free and I will not complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre

But don't get a Samsung if you care about basic usability. (IMO, obviously.)

I definitely care for the basic usability. I, for one, don't enjoy experiencing lags be it web surfing or scrolling between windows...(currently using Samsung Galaxy Y)

So, I guess we have come to a conclusion then Thanks guys for helping me out, really.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)