By xanthrax, Forum Moderator on 8th November 2012, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2013, 08:45 PM |#2551  
Flag Ipoh
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre

I think I know what he meant, and he's right (though he didn't explain well). This phone maxes out at 16GB internal storage (about 13 is usable), with no SD card slot. To effectively use a medium or large collection of music or videos, you need to store it online. So you need to have internet access 24-hours, and if you want to use Google Music (or the alternative services), you'll need to pay for a big data plan (or be on wifi all the time).

Thanks for the info, though I am most certainly NOT going to store 13GB of musics and videos in my phone, I've my notebook for handling games n multimedia + external HDD for storage, why would I use my phone as a storage. Besides, I am using WiFi at home and I rarely even touch my packet data. Just promise me that the basics (Google Maps, Google Now, and Google *whatever*) are free and I will not complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre

But don't get a Samsung if you care about basic usability. (IMO, obviously.)

I definitely care for the basic usability. I, for one, don't enjoy experiencing lags be it web surfing or scrolling between windows...(currently using Samsung Galaxy Y)

So, I guess we have come to a conclusion then Thanks guys for helping me out, really.

13th February 2013, 08:52 PM |#2552  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
E-Mail break down with the latest cm10.1 nightly by hotmail sync
since i flash the latest version of cm10.1 nightly on the Nexus 4 the e-mail programm break down. is this a bug or is it my fault?
13th February 2013, 09:05 PM |#2553  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
very dumb question but cannot find the answer anywhere.
what's the difference between Nexus 4 Android Development and Nexus 4 Original Android Development?
13th February 2013, 09:42 PM |#2554  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,373

More
Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowst

very dumb question but cannot find the answer anywhere.
what's the difference between Nexus 4 Android Development and Nexus 4 Original Android Development?

From what I understand is in the Development section is stuff that very closely related to stock and original development is stuff that's not. Tell me if I'm wrong guys

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 10:31 PM |#2555  
Thanks Meter: 3,134

More
Original development is when its built from aosp and they make their own code regular development is when it's build off another source example cm or aokp

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to spaceman860 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spaceman860 Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 10:39 PM |#2556  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 671

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haige

Hi, I asked a phone vendor about the Nexus 4, he said that he wouldn't recommend me this phone. Why ?? because he said that this phone isn't suitable for personal use and is only for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Net, above all he also mentioned that I need to pay extra money to unlock some Google Services (like, what the hell is Google Service, I haven't even heard it before). So....

1. Is he talking crap ? (about the "paying to unlock Google Service" thing) , or maybe it is because of regional difference ?? (I am from Malaysia, does that make a difference ?)

2. As far as I know, all smartphones are capable/made for going on the Net, hence isn't the "for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Netβ€œ issue also applicable to other high-end smartphones ?? I dont see why it should discourage me from buying the phone albeit me being a moderate phone user.

Thanks in advance.

Complete BS. I am a Malaysian too and I have been using it since the second day it was officially launched in Malaysia (close to one month now). Do check out the LYN Nexus 4 thread for available purchasing options if you are interested in getting one. You can use the SKMM rebate to save some money if you are eligible.

I have posted the link to the LYN thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1996342

[Official] Nexus 4 Malaysia Thread - Pricing, Availability, Updates and Rumours

Flowed from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to azrash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift azrash Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 10:49 PM |#2557  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hello...

Been using a note 2 sincw it came out. Going to sell and get the nexus. Selling because
Dont use stylus
Multiscreen overated
Eye detection doesnt work
Dmn thing is impossible to use one handed

I wanted to know ate there any issues with the nexus 4?

What I mean is are there problems like the prime had with gps. Or the nexus 7 had with screen separation. ..or this has with google wallet?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 12:58 AM |#2558  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey guise,

I ordered my N4 from the Brittish Google Play store and used Borderlinx to ship it to Sweden where I live. Everything worked out fine and i'm super happy with the device and how everything worked out.

I have one problem tho, after I ordered the phone using my Google account, I can now access (not use) every service that is available in England that should be block here in Sweden. The currency in Google play store is also shown in Pounds not Sek as I would like to.

I tried changing the location settings in my Google account from Swe to Eng and back to Swe, but to no avail.

Does anyone else have this problem, and/or do you know how to solve it?

Regards N

EDIT: I experience this on my Nexus 7 aswell, this was bought here in Sweden tho! I think the problem has to do with Google somehow and not the device itself.
14th February 2013, 01:17 AM |#2559  
Thanks Meter: 2,619

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorteX

Hey guise,

I ordered my N4 from the Brittish Google Play store and used Borderlinx to ship it to Sweden where I live. Everything worked out fine and i'm super happy with the device and how everything worked out.

I have one problem tho, after I ordered the phone using my Google account, I can now access (not use) every service that is available in England that should be block here in Sweden. The currency in Google play store is also shown in Pounds not Sek as I would like to.

I tried changing the location settings in my Google account from Swe to Eng and back to Swe, but to no avail.

Does anyone else have this problem, and/or do you know how to solve it?

Regards N

EDIT: I experience this on my Nexus 7 aswell, this was bought here in Sweden tho! I think the problem has to do with Google somehow and not the device itself.

Isn't that based off of the language/country you select when initially setting up the phone?
14th February 2013, 02:10 AM |#2560  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nexus 4 calling issue
I got nexus 4 phone today 02/13... experienced weird issue ,When I call someone, they person on the other end can hear me but i cant seem to hear anything. But if i were to put it on loudspeaker it works fine.

I talked to google tech support and they said it is a technical issue,they asked me to send the device for replacement.

did any one experience this issue?
14th February 2013, 03:06 AM |#2561  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dswagg2k10

Ive been trying to tackle a few things on this here device. First, I read in another forum that I can use the power button to shutter camera, I would simply have to remove the 73-gapps-mako.sh file from /system/addon.d folder. Then after removing the file and reflashing the ROM it's back to the gallery of the rom... thing is... I cant. It says system file so I can make any changes to it.

2nd. Before I flashed to CM 10.1, I use to have the emoji keyboard option... no longer. How can I get that back?

3rd. Does anybody know if this even exist. I have a tripod and a camera... on my phone. Is there a case or something that can connect the two?

and last but very much not least. My previous phone was a sensation 4G, and while this phone pales in comparison to the Nexus, my reception seems a lil weird on this phone. In Nashville, TN coverage was amazing. In Atlanta, it did the job, but wasn't as great as it was in NashVegas. Thing is... with my Nexus(and ive called customer care and... ole girl just wasn't too bright. didn't really answer my question) but Ive notice that when im on the network(not wifi), it WILL NOT do any connection when it says 3G. It will do nothing until it goes to H or H+. This is both before and after I rooted and flashed my phone. This is really a doozy. Any help would be much appreciate. I will even make you a candy apple or a strawberry cake from scratch.

Please help

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)