• YES

Votes: 1,270 94.8%
  • NO

Votes: 69 5.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
But I just bought it in may.. The second day it was released in India.. besides it easily handles all games and apps..
Not sure if I'll upgrade..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

no doubts about it pal at all !
is a damn good device ! i will upgrade for the sake of it not because i really feel i need something more powerful
i will still recommend it as a good phone and quite price affordable

faruk.foco

Aug 19, 2013
Just wondering after installing this rom. Why is it called paranoid android?

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Am I the only one not upgrading to nexus 5??
Just bought nexus 4 in may.. Not sure if I should..

I'm with you, at least until after it has been out for a month or two. :D:cool:

I'm hoping that Google has learned a valuable lesson and not have the same issues with the release of the Nexus 5 as it did with the Nexus 4!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

eschultze

Sep 9, 2013
Porto Alegre
Me too mate. Not going for N5.. bought N4 in MAY. India. :cowboy:

Will upgrade to N6 .... :)

No way! Just bought mine last month in Brazil. This phone is awesome!

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

i have :D
ROM: CM10.2
Build Number : JLS36G

i need the best Kernel :fingers-crossed:

You cant try Matr1x 11.00. It decreases the clock to save battery but it has also GPU overclock.

I have been using it for a few days and had no issues so far.

blade_

Jan 7, 2012
Salonica
hello guys :)

i wanna give my phone to a friend but i wanna wipe everything,except installed custom rom,PA

so i have to wipe data and sd from advance settings?anything else?

thanks;)

Reactions: plegdroid

SevansD

Jan 10, 2013
Your custom recovery.. Cwm or twrp..
Advanced wipe- SD card..
Just booted into twrp to see and the option is listed as internal storage, not SD.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

@blade Just don't get confused and hit the format data option. You want to wipe not format.

shengovind

Jul 2, 2013
Bangalore
Both wait.. Let someone more experienced reply.. Like xanthrax..
I'm pretty sure that there's an option called wipe data that wipes SD card in twrp .. Next to the advanced wipe option..
In cwm there is wipe SD or something under advanced..
@blade_ wait a second.. I think gapps gets erased.. Let a more experienced person reply..

blade_

Jan 7, 2012
Salonica
thanks ill wait!

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

options are

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe davlik cache

format system
format data
format cache
format sdcard
format data and data/media

balkazar666

Oct 1, 2013
Nexus 4 bricked by PAC-man

My Nexus 4 is truly bricked. It's not on some infinite boot loop or any of that bs. It's actually bricked. I installed the P.A.C rom like the post on here said to do. Since XDA has a bs rule about not being able to post in dev posts if you have no posts made yet I have to post my grievances here. Some of you might be thinking "Oh it's just some dumb kid who didn't know what he was doing" Nope I've been doing this to my phones for years, so I'm pretty experienced in this field. anyways.. I installed pac and it got stuck in an infinite boot loop..I said okay whatever.., so i went over all the normal stuff to get rid of the boot loop and absolutely nothing worked, so I went to my backups. I have 3 back ups or had I should say. Every single time i tried to restore my backups they failed completely..What the f*** did PAC rom do to my phone that I wasn't even able to restore my back ups?! I did everything and nothing works now the PAC boot artwork doesn't even show it's just a blank screen.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
Both wait.. Let someone more experienced reply.. Like xanthrax..
I'm pretty sure that there's an option called wipe data that wipes SD card in twrp .. Next to the advanced wipe option..
In cwm there is wipe SD or something under advanced..
@blade_ wait a second.. I think gapps gets erased.. Let a more experienced person reply..

thanks ill wait!

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

options are

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe davlik cache

format system
format data
format cache
format sdcard
format data and data/media

If you want to wipe all your personal data off the device, it means you need to wipe the entirety of /data, including the "sdcard" mounted at /data/media. In TWRP, hit Wipe, then Format Data and type "yes" to confirm. This will remove the data and the .apk for all apps you have installed, and erase anything you had stored on the sdcard. Gapps and other system apps will not be affected.

My Nexus 4 is truly bricked. It's not on some infinite boot loop or any of that bs. It's actually bricked. I installed the P.A.C rom like the post on here said to do. Since XDA has a bs rule about not being able to post in dev posts if you have no posts made yet I have to post my grievances here. Some of you might be thinking "Oh it's just some dumb kid who didn't know what he was doing" Nope I've been doing this to my phones for years, so I'm pretty experienced in this field. anyways.. I installed pac and it got stuck in an infinite boot loop..I said okay whatever.., so i went over all the normal stuff to get rid of the boot loop and absolutely nothing worked, so I went to my backups. I have 3 back ups or had I should say. Every single time i tried to restore my backups they failed completely..What the f*** did PAC rom do to my phone that I wasn't even able to restore my back ups?! I did everything and nothing works now the PAC boot artwork doesn't even show it's just a blank screen.

No... you're not bricked. What do you mean your backups "failed"? Was there an error while restoring, or did they not fix the problem? Okay, the PAC bootanimation doesn't show, but how about the bootloader? Can you get into that? How about recovery? You need to provide more details for sure. But you're not bricked.

Last edited:
Reactions: shengovind

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on XDA.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in post no2, you might find what you need right away.

For ROM issues please do mention in your post about:
    ROM name
    ROM version and base
    kernel version and its settings
    any mods applied on top of it
    flashing "style" aka dirty or clean
    something like this
    ...and be sure you have asked before on the ROM thread unless you have less than 10 posts on XDA

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

***I feel that a little OT is healthy to the success of this type of thread. The people here who help the most will develop a comradery therefore OT is allowed within reason. Common sense will be applied ;)***

HALL OF FAME
    People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions. In no particular order. These people also have the right to use the banner below :)
    eep2378
    bassmadrigal
    Stryder5
    trell959
    thephantom
    -Asskicker-
    DowntownJeffBrown ��
    azrash
    rskyline
    fenstre
    undercover
    scream4cheese
    xanthrax
    gee2012
    spaceman860
    zelendel
    Android Pizza
    Chromium_
    Jugg1es
    shengovind
    OhDae-su
    abaaaabbbb63
    Berrydroidcafe
    themike10452
    plegdroid
    jd1639

HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif

Just add this code to your sig
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980135"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26257623/HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    WALL OF SHAME! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es

This post is not just duplicate of kidCarter93 Index thread. This is to be used to point people in the right direction.
    Example:
    Q: How can i unlock my Nexus 4?
    A: Go post no2, link no5

No spoonfeeding, user pointed in the right direction, you get your kudo- everyone happy!

1. [REF] Nexus 4: Technical Specification Breakdown by l0st.prophet

2. [REF]Specs,Reviews,Videos,FAQ,Development | Things you need to know about the Nexus4 by eep2378 and Prawesome

3. [INDEX] ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Guides, etc by KidCarter93

4. Standalone ADB with FASTBOOT by tinky1 (extract anywhere and double click on .bat file)

5. [DRIVERS] Nexus 4 Driver for Windows by Stryder5

6. [REF][GUIDE][11/03/2012] Unlocking the Bootloader by TheDarkDefender

7. [ROOT][CONFIRMED WORKING] Root Nexus 4 Using Insecure Boot Image and ADB by HQRaja

8. Nexus 4 Stock OTA and Factory Image URLs by oldblue910

9. [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # by efrant

10. [NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE by mskip

11. [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh
    hey guys sorry for asking this but I try to get titanium back up pro from blackmart alpha. first I download the free version from blackmart alpha and then I download the pro key. but after I install it, the pro key is not working. any idea why? it also happen to app like nova launcher prime :confused:

please help me :eek:

thx

Buy it.
    Linaro is not only in the kernels, I believe it is a compiler and it's "hot" with new roms right now. There's a feature with Google Talk, if you use Talk as your voicemail, you're able to play the voicemail in the call log screen without going to Talk app. Linaro breaks it due to audio libs or something alike.

In all seriousness now, how do I install ios 6 on my nexus 4?
    /s

1. Get iPhone 5
    2. Place N4 next to it
    3. Drop a brick on iPhone
    4. Watch it's soul leave the body and transfer to N4
    5. Success rate infinity/1

No no no, I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm a grammar Commie!
    Hello everyone, I'm pretty much new to XDA and modding in general. I own a Nexus 4 and I wanted to flash the Paranoid Android ROM.

My two cents;

1. Learn how to use adb and stay away from toolkits. They work brilliantly but opaquely and it's in your best interest to know what's happening with your phones firmware in detail.

2. Don't do anything until you learn how to make, store and restore nandroid backups. The N4 is virtually unbrickable and PA is rock solid after the 4.3 merge.

I'm a novice as well but modding is fascinating to me. Since my only phone is also a business phone I usually wait till Friday to flash new software so I have time to restore in the event of problems. Hasn't happened yet. Have fun.