Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Kernel help?

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By TundraLK520, Senior Member on 15th November 2016, 01:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Could anyone tell me which kernel to go for that is best for battery life ( don't need usb plug n play ).
Kernel for AOSP based MM rom which is up to date with the latest security patch.

Also the configurations if any needed to be done to the said kernel.

20th November 2016, 12:06 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
No replies
24th November 2016, 07:58 AM |#3  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 217

More
I've been using quanta kernel v20 with force doze App amplify app default settings and l speed app with battery profile on and and kernel auditor app with power saving governor on cpu and 600mhz minimum and and settings database editor to turn off wifi and Bluetooth scanning and etc other stuff off

got 5 day battery life projected this is with wifi and data off and location off battery saving mode on but cellular connection off just to say what is possible I am on cm13 8-20 snapshot build

A day battery life is probably my average right now with light use realistic use because I actually turn the screen on the projection was for screen off battery life

I also have xposed 87 test 1 installed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161122-144902.png
Views:	34
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	3946624  
24th November 2016, 06:16 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Has quanta been updated to the latest security patch? The last I checked it still had August security patch.
24th November 2016, 10:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
There is no magic kernel that is by far the best and superior to everything else. There are different kernel which do all the same, like roms. The differnces are the presettings, which you can change to your likings in every kernel. Just choose one and play around with some settings.
25th November 2016, 12:11 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I get that u have to tweak the settings to get the desired results but I wanted to know which kernel has the latest security patch. For a AOSP based MM rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)