[Nexus 4][OFFICIAL] Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

Search This thread

roswell782

Apr 30, 2011
MLJ
Re: [OFFICIAL] Nexus 4 Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

Battery life seems to be much better on 4.2.2 - not a big difference for WiFi but 3G now uses much less battery.

I have updated this morning, I have reached "only" 3h screen on time before must plug my charger. Data/synch enabled all the time.
So not a big improvement in my case, I hope to have much during next cycles.. '

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

jr.johnstone

Feb 14, 2013
No Network

I updated my unrooted Nexus 4 OTA. It's now not recognizing the mobile network. I've taken the SIM out and reinserted it while it was off and on. When I go to choose network operators, it searches for a long time and then an error pops up. Any help?

purnah

Feb 26, 2006
Has anyone received an official OTA update notification?

Yes, got it earlier this evening. Tried a few times with a manual check when I got back from work, and it worked at around 9.30 UK time.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Are you in the United States? It sounds like your router might be broadcasting on a frequency it shouldn't be

No I'm in the UK. I think the router is ok and configured for Europe bands. I don't get any problems with any other wireless device including Nexus 7. This WiFi connection problem only occurs with the Nexus 4.

I have now updated to 4.2.2 and the problem still exists. Oddly the phone stayed on my network long enough to download the update, but after installing and rebooting, it lost it, and I had no connection. I could see all my neighbours' networks just not my own. Switching WiFi on and off and rebooting did nothing. The only thing that worked was to do nothing. Eventually after 10mins or so my network popped up on the list of networks and so I could reconnect.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I have now updated to 4.2.2 and the problem still exists. Oddly the phone stayed on my network long enough to download the update, but after installing and rebooting, it lost it, and I had no connection. I could see all my neighbours' networks just not my own. Switching WiFi on and off and rebooting did nothing. The only thing that worked was to do nothing. Eventually after 10mins or so my network popped up on the list of networks and so I could reconnect.

It is possible that it is related to this bit of the 4.2.2 change log? My AP disappears from the scan list, and therefore fails to connect.

Fix WiFi test:

-- In environment where there are too many APs, sometimes, the AP will not show in the scan list.
Part of the reason is due to the change that the scanning on each frequency is shortened to save power.
to avoid that, change the test to connect without scanning.

-- Increase the timer to wait for WiFi to be connected

motopig

Dec 30, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
This list describes cross android version compatibility between 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. If you have any new information regarding anything related to this, please share it with us.

1. Basebands

4.2.1 Baseband = M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33
    4.2.2 Baseband = M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.48
    -
    • Not Compatible - 4.2.2 Baseband With 4.2.1 Rom - Reportedly breaks sensors.
    • Not Compatible - 4.2.1 Baseband With 4.2.2 Rom - Reportedly breaks in-call audio.
    -

Yikes! I'll hold off on updating for now. Even though I'm not with a LTE carrier.

Gia90

Feb 1, 2013
R: [OFFICIAL] Nexus 4 Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

After upgrading I have FC when opening some apps..

Should I reinstall them?
Is this a normal behavior?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011

After upgrading I have FC when opening some apps..

Should I reinstall them?
Is this a normal behavior?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

Did you restore the apps through Titanium or install them from the play store?

wvcadle

Dec 31, 2011
I'm rooted and unlocked. I did so via the Nexus Root Toolkit. Can I, and how would I keep root, without having to re-root, which would wipe all of my data again?

bradm23

Jul 7, 2010
So I downloaded the newest PA 4.2.2 feb15 build and the lasted gapps in that post. I am coming from CM 10.1 nightly 02132012 (4.2.1). Can someone please point me in the right direction of the correct radio/bootloader that I need to install in order to get the full 4.2.2 upgrade without breaking the wifi or any sensors please. I know there were a few versions released and really do not want to chase my tail trying to find which file I am missing,

Thanks a bunch in advanced!

Any idea why in 4.2.2 the lock screen clock widget changes every time I lock the phone? Does this on the n10 with 4.2.2 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I'm assuming you have Lockscreen Policy app installed? If so, it's one of the issues to it with the 4.2.2 update

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

abufaka

Jul 17, 2008
apply patch check Chrome.apk

Hi,

i must somehow messed up Chrome.apk in /system/app (maybe during the process of getting AOSP browser back), because sideloading the update gives me an "apply_patch_check" checksum error with Chrome.apk

Has anyone got an /app/system archive or Chrome.apk from 4.2.1? (i guess 4.2 should also work, as Chrome.apk wasn't changed...).

Any other proposals?

EDIT: found a way to get them from the last stock system image myself by using this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1860879

Last edited:

jasonmiracle

Nov 26, 2012
[Help]unable to update

my Nexus 4 is fully compatible with the update
Stock no modifications, root, no recovery
while i was updating through wifi, my brother accidentally switched off the wireless router and disturbed the download
then i got back to my wifi, and unable to update even i keep pressing the Retry Download as in the picture
is there any way to reset or clear download cache something like that?
2013021502_zpsa0613207.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:
G

GuestK0067

I am on PA 3.0 that has 4.2.1 . Nexus is rooted with custom kernal. and custom TWRP recovery

I have downloaded latest 4.2.2 occam factory image ad want to switch to it.

How do I.?

Is it the normal procedure like installing a ROM or something specific?

:confused::confused:

purnah

Feb 26, 2006
Nokia DT-900 issue solved

Does 4.2.2 fix either of the following issues which I have with my rev 10 4.2.1 Nexus 4?

- wireless charging with the Nokia DT-900 constantly cycles on and off

Yesterday, I updated with 4.2.2 and checked whether the Nexus 4 would charge with my Nokia DT-900 wireless charger, and I'm happy to report that it does. This was a problem with 4.2.1. The phone would cycle on and off and the charger would flash. Neither happens with 4.2.2, and this morning on checking my phone, it was fully charged. The only minor issue is that it tends to slip off the plate, so a little help with blutack or a non-slippy pad may be needed.

I suspect this reference in the 4.2.2 change log refers to the issue that is now fixed.

Improve heuristics for detecting wireless chargers.

On some devices, we need to apply heuristics to determine whether
the device is docked on a wireless charger because the charging
circuits do not provide sufficient information to know whether
the device is on the charger unless it is actually receiving
power.

The previous heuristics only considered the battery level to
suppress spurious dock signals.

The new heuristics also take into account whether the device
appears to have moved from its previous position on the dock.

I am on PA 3.0 that has 4.2.1 . Nexus is rooted with custom kernal. and custom TWRP recovery

I have downloaded latest 4.2.2 occam factory image ad want to switch to it.

How do I.?

Is it the normal procedure like installing a ROM or something specific?

:confused::confused:

Follow the guide in this thread with your downloaded factory image

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010312

Flowed and Tapped from my Nexus

abufaka

Jul 17, 2008
my Nexus 4 is fully compatible with the update
Stock no modifications, root, no recovery
while i was updating through wifi, my brother accidentally switched off the wireless router and disturbed the download
then i got back to my wifi, and unable to update even i keep pressing the Retry Download as in the picture
is there any way to reset or clear download cache something like that?

IMHO easiest is to do it manual with adb sideload.

Follow this guides "Manual Instructions" part.

wvcadle

Dec 31, 2011

IMHO easiest is to do it manual with adb sideload.

Follow this guides "Manual Instructions" part.

Funny thing about side loading, at least for me, was that after I side loaded 4.2.1 in my Nexus 7, it still pushed an OTA to it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nyepo

Apr 5, 2010
WugFresh Root Toolkit

Hi

I used the WugFresh root toolkit to root my Nexus 4 on Android 4.2.1, just to import all my savegames and app data from my old mobile, as you can't do it if you're not root. I just wanted root, not recovery not any other thing. I didn't delete any of the system apps, as I would my Nexus 4 be OTA updateable. All went perfectly smooth and, as I was root, I could backup and restore all data I wanted to.

Yesterday I recieved the OTA update 4.2.2, as I was so carefull to not touch anything "stock system" even if I was root, I was able to install it. So root it's gone (no problem, I don't need it now), but I have one question.

My SuperSU app is still there, and it's supposed to advise you if you're not root. But seems to think he's still the superuser and the phone is still rooted :eek:

my question is ... should I uninstall it from the app list? from google play? Or it's better to use the option "complete unroot" in SuperSU app? (but if now my phone is not rooted, that would work?). I mean ... I want to be able to root again my phone in a future, so just wanna know which uninstall method should I use to get off that superSU app and let the phone clean and ready for the next root process.

Thanks! Sorry not posting that on the WugFresh thread, as a noob here I can't do it yet :cyclops:

Net.silb

Nov 24, 2011
Hi

I used the WugFresh root toolkit to root my Nexus 4 on Android 4.2.1, just to import all my savegames and app data from my old mobile, as you can't do it if you're not root. I just wanted root, not recovery not any other thing. I didn't delete any of the system apps, as I would my Nexus 4 be OTA updateable. All went perfectly smooth and, as I was root, I could backup and restore all data I wanted to.

Yesterday I recieved the OTA update 4.2.2, as I was so carefull to not touch anything "stock system" even if I was root, I was able to install it. So root it's gone (no problem, I don't need it now), but I have one question.

My SuperSU app is still there, and it's supposed to advise you if you're not root. But seems to think he's still the superuser and the phone is still rooted :eek:

my question is ... should I uninstall it from the app list? from google play? Or it's better to use the option "complete unroot" in SuperSU app? (but if now my phone is not rooted, that would work?). I mean ... I want to be able to root again my phone in a future, so just wanna know which uninstall method should I use to get off that superSU app and let the phone clean and ready for the next root process.

Thanks! Sorry not posting that on the WugFresh thread, as a noob here I can't do it yet :cyclops:

I am 99% sure you can just uninstall SuperSU, because when your system was updated, the root binary was removed and if your phone doesn't have a root binary your phone is not rooted. The only thing you have left is the SuperSU app, which is equivalent to downloading it from the play store - which doesn't root your phone. Basically, just uninstall it and you are good to go.

Reactions: nyepo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

This is the official thread for any questions, answers, help and troubleshooting regarding Android 4.2.2 for the Nexus 4. The goal of this thread is to minimize the amount of redundant threads that are about this topic.

First of all, the following thread is the official one in the General Section for the Nexus 4 regarding Android 4.2.2: [INFO] Nexus OTA Help-Desk.

Please feel free to suggest FAQs that should be added to the second post.

As usual, follow the Forum Rules, and happy posting! :)

Changelog from Android 4.2.1 to Android 4.2.2

The following changes are mainly changes that will affect the average user, for the full changelog, go here.
    • As usual, performance and stability enhancements. (Possible battery life improvements too?)
      -
    • The Google Play Store, now shows the estimated time left for downloads. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • In Quick Settings, long pressing the WiFi and Bluetooth tiles toggles them. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • ADB is now more secure thanks to the new whitelist. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • A new wireless charging tone that only plays when the battery level is below 95% And a new low battery tone. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
    Hi guys, wondering if someone can help. I encrypted my device (I'm using PA 3.55) and now can't access the internal SD via CWM (6.0.3.0) as it won't mount the SD Card. Is there anyway around this as I want to keep the encryption on the device (enforced policy when adding work email) but it seems like I can't flash anymore via CWM. Would changing permissions in Root Explorer help?

You can't mount sdcard in recovery its not possible http://teamw.in/DataMedia cwm won't let you flash encrypted phone but TWRP recovery will

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Compatibility Information Between Pieces of Android 4.2.1 & 4.2.2

This list describes cross android version compatibility between 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. If you have any new information regarding anything related to this, please share it with us.

1. Basebands

4.2.1 Baseband = M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33
      4.2.2 Baseband = M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.48
      -
      • Potential Incompatibility - 4.2.2 Baseband With 4.2.1 Rom - Can potentially break the sensors (auto-brightness and gyroscope).
      • Potential Incompatibility - 4.2.1 Baseband With 4.2.2 Rom - Can potentially break in-call audio.
      -
    2. Bootloaders

4.2.1 Bootloader = MAKOZ10l
      4.2.2 Bootloader = MAKOZ10o
      -
      • Unknown Compatibility - 4.2.2 Bootloader With 4.2.1 Rom - No reports yet.
      • Unknown Compatibility - 4.2.1 Bootloader With 4.2.2 Rom - No reports yet.
    Hello!

I am running Paranoid Android version 3.50. Before today I have not had any problems and I love the rom! Today though I downloaded the apk for Play Store vers. 4.1.6. After the download when I tried to install it, it simply would not install. The permissions screen appeared as usual but the install button would not respond at all. No light up, no nothing. So far I've been unable to find a fix. Please help!

Remove the halo then install the app

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Im on stock 4.4.2 a bit tweaked by myself (kernel, few xposed modules, changed bionic and dalvik libs)

Pisane w biegu.