Any felt the need of sd card yet?

Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I have my nexus 7 for the movies and honestly I don't understand people watching movies on a tiny screen.
I also don't understand people who "knows" more than 2500 songs.
And the ones who can play 5 different game loft games on a daily basis.
So 12 isn't enough for obsessive compulsive people who has to have everything with them.
I bet they carry a huge bag stuffed with stuff as well. In case they suddenly happen to go on a holiday or something.

Sometimes watching a movie or show on a tiny screen is the only option at the moment. I have a nexus 7, a nexus 10 and a galaxy note 10.1 and there are times when I don't have a tab on me and am bored somewhere(in a waiting room, standing on the subway platform etc) and want to watch something.

So you're pretty naive to not understand why people watch movies and shows on a little screen.

And there are some music buffs like me that have well over 2500 songs. Do I need to carry it ALL with me? no, But when I had a scaled down collection I cant even count how many times I felt like listening to a song out of the blue and didn't have it stored with me and that kind of sucks when you really want to hear a song and can't. When I carried all my music I didn't have that problem a single time

So while you might not understand it that doesn't mean that it's not logical for some people. What your needs are are the not same as the next guy and so on.. So just because you don't "understand why" that doesn't mean the people that do are wrong and you're right

Do I think the N4 has enough storage? no, Am I dealing with it and still loving the phone? yes(even though I thought I wouldn't be able to deal with such small storage) Has it been a bit of adjustment? Yes, would I give up my N4 and go back to my GS3 with it's 96gb of total storage? NO WAY.

uploder

Jun 11, 2010
North FL
Im not missing having an expandable sd card. most of my space was used my CM backups ( which I never even used half of them anyway lol) I feel like the limited storage is forcing me not to be stupid with my space. I like it, but thats just me. As others have said , if you are used to having whole seasons of tv shows, movies, etc on your device this may be an adjustment for you but its still very much in fact doable.

D

Deleted member 3105162

I am a poster-child for google and don't store hardly anything on my phone...so 8GB is more than enough for me. Even with a nandoird backup on my phone, I still have 3GB free.