[Q] Updating Nexus 4 once 4.2.2. is released

Search This thread

Hereisphilly

Dec 26, 2009
Gainsborough, UK
Just wanted to get a few pointers on the update process once 4.2.2. factory images are released.

I'm currently running CM 10.1 latest nightly complete with Faux's custom kernel. When the factory images are released, i want to take advantage of the new radio and bootloader, that hopefully will be shipping, along with anything else without having to fully wipe and start from fresh.

Please correct me if i'm wrong on any of my thoughts about how to update below, or if i've missed anything

Bootloader - extract from factory image and flash in fastboot with
fastboot flash bootloader bootloaderxxxx.img

Radio - extract from factory image and flash in fastboot with
fastboot flash radio radioxxxx.img

Kernel - hopefully faux will update once source drops and can be flashed via recovery

ROM - hopefully CM will update with 4.2.2 is AOSP and can be flashed in recovery, along with updated GAAPS

Am i missing anything else??

Thanks

chrisastrous

Feb 9, 2013
Just not to start a new thread. Can anyone conform for me this: currently stock everything - except running CWM recovery.

I'll have to flash the stock recovery before trying to get the OTA update?

niTiN_v

Nov 27, 2012
Just not to start a new thread. Can anyone conform for me this: currently stock everything - except running CWM recovery.

Yes...u wont be able to apply the OTA update with a custom recovery...but u can flash the update through CWM...

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisastrous

dralways

Mar 4, 2012
Stock everything, never been rooted.. will the OTA update erase any data whatsoever? When can we expect it?

uploder

Jun 11, 2010
North FL
Stock everything, never been rooted.. will the OTA update erase any data whatsoever? When can we expect it?

No the OTA will not erase anything. As for when you will get it? It should be soon. If you're impatient you can flash it manually buuuut i'd hold off on that becuase of all of the" help trouble after updating to 4.2.2" threads popping up recently.

dralways

Mar 4, 2012
I just received the update downloaded notification on my Nexus 7 but still nothing on the N4.

darkkid85

Jun 18, 2011
Bangalore
No the OTA will not erase anything. As for when you will get it? It should be soon. If you're impatient you can flash it manually buuuut i'd hold off on that becuase of all of the" help trouble after updating to 4.2.2" threads popping up recently.

Will the stock 4.2.2 wipe my apps? I know it will damaged the internal SD.

What about my apps adn corporate data? Pls advise

Ramu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes...u wont be able to apply the OTA update with a custom recovery...but u can flash the update through CWM...