FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[7.x.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-5.1 [MAKO][18 July 2017]

4,608 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,192

By nitin.chobhe, Recognized Contributor on 7th January 2017, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads:
Get CarbonROM
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
[7.x.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-5.1 [MAKO], ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
nitin.chobhe
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-01-07
Last Updated 2017-07-23
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free

7th January 2017, 05:47 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
How to install?
- download rom files (optional: gapps + root)
- boot into recovery of choice
- wipe data, cache, dalvik/art cache (data if from another rom)
- flash zips, reboot, feel the MOO

Oh man, who do we thank?
There are just so many roms out there that have been a part of the crafting of this project.
Big shout outs to AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, and all CarbonROM team members for the rom features.
For the base, shout outs to AOSPA and UBER for their changes that make the rom fly.
Thanks to all the donators who help keep servers running
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
7th January 2017, 05:51 PM |#3  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots

Nitin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
7th January 2017, 07:35 PM |#4  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 623

More
Moo!
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
7th January 2017, 08:46 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Cmon man always you!?! @nitin.chobhe thank you ma man!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cizzle4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cizzle4 Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 08:05 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
@nitin.chobhe

Thanks for the brand NEW Carbon ROM..Working great

I can understand, this is very initial official build.. so you all carbon Developers are still adding features.
Hopefully battery percentage is added soon..
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170108-114935.png
Views:	474
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	3995125

& once again many many congratulations for amazing work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avinashjirapure For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift avinashjirapure Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 10:53 AM |#7  
Flag Kraków

More
NMF26V
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashjirapure

Hopefully battery percentage is added soon..
& once again many many congratulations for amazing work.

... And that departments properly settings that are available.

n.e.
- Too short delay screenshot. The Screenshot.png contains a menu power.
- No custom work schedule Night Light (i.e. running but does not include the setting time)
- Name ROM is not recognized while taking backup in TWRP, TWRP so allocates only the current date.
- Carbon ROM without a black interface is not real carbon.

Very, very early version.

Let's wait with the assessment of ROM. After several subsequent editions see if the developers bring change and in what direction.

Moo!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ze7zez Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 04:40 PM |#8  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

... And that departments properly settings that are available.

n.e.
- Too short delay screenshot. The Screenshot.png contains a menu power.
- No custom work schedule Night Light (i.e. running but does not include the setting time)
- Name ROM is not recognized while taking backup in TWRP, TWRP so allocates only the current date.
- Carbon ROM without a black interface is not real carbon.

Very, very early version.

Let's wait with the assessment of ROM. After several subsequent editions see if the developers bring change and in what direction.

Moo!

Thanks for the inputs. Some information from my side

- didn't have problems when I took screenshots posted in post 2
- night light custom schedule works (using it since first build)

Nitin
The Following User Says Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 05:23 PM |#9  
Flag Kraków

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.chobhe

- didn't have problems when I took screenshots posted in post 2
- night light custom schedule works (using it since first build)

Is yellowish color of the night off at you outside the hours of the night?

My time is 18:00. After turning colors night color change to yellowish, but then the colors should change from 22:00.

My 1.3 MB video

-------------------

Screenshot does not work well through the power key.

My 1.2 MB video.
8th January 2017, 09:35 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It’s smooth and fast, & as stable as any other good custom AOSP based ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to over7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift over7 Ad-Free
9th January 2017, 04:23 AM |#11  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

Is yellowish color of the night off at you outside the hours of the night?

My time is 18:00. After turning colors night color change to yellowish, but then the colors should change from 22:00.

My 1.3 MB video.

-------------------

Screenshot does not work well through the power key.

My 1.2 MB video.

You didn't understand the feature of night light. When you select the custom schedule, then you should not enable it manually. Enabling it manually overrides the custom schedule. So set a custom schedule and then check if it works or not (and it works )

About screenshot, it works on my end. Are you using any custom kernel/ changing the CPU freqs?

Nitin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)