FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.4x/4.5

7,532 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,410

By molesarecoming, Inactive Recognized Developer on 29th November 2012, 03:16 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from molesarecoming: Currently maintained by BigBrother1984/Anu6is
11th March 2013, 12:43 AM |#15631  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,368

More
Re: [AOSPA 4.2.2 JDQ39] PARANOIDANDROID 3.1 (Mar07 RE-RE-UP) | PIE QS-TOGGLE, Bat %
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming

its not him or her. its this ridiculous religion thats revolving around cm.

Amen :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
11th March 2013, 12:51 AM |#15632  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 2,880

More
Re: [AOSPA 4.2.2 JDQ39] PARANOIDANDROID 3.1 (Mar07 RE-RE-UP) | PIE QS-TOGGLE, Bat %
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming

its not him or her. its this ridiculous religion thats revolving around cm.

Well CM is the "original" custom android ROM so I can see people becoming annoying fanboys over such things.. that doesn't surprise me, however what does surprise me is the attitude on some of these newer members. (In this case the guys not new)

Leading roles in this community with a bias one way or the other creates these kinds of minions.. now someone will see your post and go into CM's thread and rant and rave making PA look bad and back and forth. This isn't as bad as it is with the kernel devs right now.. but I wouldn't want to see it escalate. I remember once upon a time PA was based on CM..

I say enough of the team stuff and more of the community stuff.. hell we all "won" when we bought this fabulous device.

/rant

PS Moles I'm simply playing devils advocate, I know how much work it takes and I appreciate it despite my one xl being stuck on 2.54

Tl;dr: I hate xda trolls/noobs

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChongoDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChongoDroid Ad-Free
11th March 2013, 12:52 AM |#15633  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanrajpal14

Umm moles does the ROM have the option to remove safe headset volume? If not, then do you plan on implementing it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Could someone please just clear this up for me? I heard that it's illegal to remove safe headset volume. That's what CM told me. Is it true?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD
11th March 2013, 12:54 AM |#15634  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Illegal?? I don't think the stock rom even had that option

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
11th March 2013, 12:54 AM |#15635  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienmind

EDIT: Full wipe fixed it. Something wrong with my setup... nothing to blame PA

Ah shucks, I'll go through the full wipe shenanigans tomorrow. Cheers for the feedback!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to harmohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harmohn Ad-Free
11th March 2013, 12:58 AM |#15636  
Flag Crowthorne
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanrajpal14

Could someone please just clear this up for me? I heard that it's illegal to remove safe headset volume. That's what CM told me. Is it true?

This has been answered by aaronpoweruser in this thread . IIRC, It is not going to be removed as it is a legal requirement.
Have a search through aaron's posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to GretaLewd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GretaLewd Ad-Free
11th March 2013, 01:02 AM |#15637  
Flag Miami, florida
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Question. Is it just me or are emojis removed from this newest update? I can't seem to find em :-/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to wetrabbit444 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wetrabbit444 Ad-Free
11th March 2013, 01:05 AM |#15638  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otariq

Illegal?? I don't think the stock rom even had that option

Yes. No the stock ROM didn't. Most other custom ROM's have added it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretaLewd

This has been answered by aaronpoweruser in this thread . IIRC, It is not going to be removed as it is a legal requirement.
Have a search through aaron's posts.

Alright, thanks!

11th March 2013, 01:05 AM |#15639  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 32

More
If it has een answer please kindly direct me to the answer and not beat me with words.

I am looking for a way to decrease the size (font and width both) of the side column in apps like gmail and gtalk. At present I find the side column bigger than needed and right column (emails and message text) that can be bigger. If I decrease the DPI value the right column text becomes too small to read.

Please let me know if you have any solutions. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to joomlafreak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joomlafreak Ad-Free
11th March 2013, 01:11 AM |#15640  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Hey moles,

I have a suggestion for pie notifications, will it be possible to implement the tablet ui notifications pop-up while one phone or phablet ui? What I mean is that when I'm using the tablet ui and pie I get a little pop-up in the bottom right corner for aboit 3 seconds. I think its a good way to avoid missing important notifications

11th March 2013, 01:11 AM |#15641  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 27,410

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joomlafreak

If it has een answer please kindly direct me to the answer and not beat me with words.

I am looking for a way to decrease the size (font and width both) of the side column in apps like gmail and gtalk. At present I find the side column bigger than needed and right column (emails and message text) that can be bigger. If I decrease the DPI value the right column text becomes too small to read.

Please let me know if you have any solutions. Thanks.

you cant. these columns are either hardcoded into the framework or determined by the app by random markup or code. what you can try is cycling through the various layouts as they may alter the definitions. gmail for instance has a tiny left column in 720p and a more smallscreen friendly version in 600p. the 'large' flag can change layouts, too - gdrive is a good example.
The Following User Says Thank You to molesarecoming For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift molesarecoming Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, 4.3, aospa, halo, paranoidandroid, pie, the best rom, the worst server
Previous Thread Next Thread