FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] Semaphore N4 3.4.2

6,177 posts
Thanks Meter: 31,870
 
By stratosk, Recognized Developer on 13th April 2013, 10:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th November 2013, 01:14 AM |#5001  
dmourao's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag BRAZIL
Thanks Meter: 207
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Bernard

Factory images for 4.4 is released

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Ehmmm... No translucent navbar and status bar. Firstly the exclusive GEL and now this... Bah!
 
 
15th November 2013, 01:30 AM |#5002  
Senior Member
Flag Pavia
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Bernard

Factory images for 4.4 is released

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

So Waiting for semaphore on stock rom...


Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
15th November 2013, 01:31 AM |#5003  
thracemerin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,829
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloxim

So Waiting for semaphore on stock rom...


Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

The J version of Semaphore is fully working on 4.4 stock, don't even need to flash the WiFi fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmourao

Ehmmm... No translucent navbar and status bar. Firstly the exclusive GEL and now this... Bah!

This is because the transparent status bars are a feature of the Google Experience Launcher which is exclusive to the N5, if you sideload the Google Now and Launcher from the Nexus 5 you will have this, the N4 uses the older Launcher2 even for KitKat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-14-19-33-43.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	2392609  
15th November 2013, 01:38 AM |#5004  
C4SCA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 1,062
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin

The J version of Semaphore is fully working on 4.4 stock, don't even need to flash the WiFi fix.



This is because the transparent status bars are a feature of the Google Experience Launcher which is exclusive to the N5, if you sideload the Google Now and Launcher from the Nexus 5 you will have this, the N4 uses the older Launcher2 even for KitKat.

No need to side load google search (google now) its already updated on the factory images... Only sideload the launcher

sent from my NEXUS 4 tasting Kitkat for the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384475909078.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	2392601  
15th November 2013, 01:40 AM |#5005  
thracemerin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,829
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4SCA

No need to side load google search (google now) its already updated on the factory images... Only sideload the launcher

sent from my NEXUS 4 tasting Kitkat for the first time.

Google Search is a tiered roll out, it depends on if you have received the new one or not.
15th November 2013, 01:42 AM |#5006  
C4SCA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 1,062
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin

Google Search is a tiered roll out, it depends on if you have received the new one or not.

If u flash the factory image (has i did) that has been released for the N4 a couple hours ago, its already there...

sent from my NEXUS 4 tasting Kitkat for the first time.
15th November 2013, 01:46 AM |#5007  
thracemerin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,829
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4SCA

If u flash the factory image (has i did) that has been released for the N4 a couple hours ago, its already there...

sent from my NEXUS 4 tasting Kitkat for the first time.

You're absolutely right, I was looking at the version on the wrong N4
15th November 2013, 02:53 AM |#5008  
psycho693's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tillsonburg
Thanks Meter: 892
 
More
Why are you all talking about kit Kat features in a 4.3 kernel thread? Just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
15th November 2013, 03:21 AM |#5009  
Crisisx1's Avatar
Senior Member
Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 347
 
More
1.7.6j + wifi fix + rastakat 4.4 + art = blazing fast.
15th November 2013, 03:33 AM |#5010  
DontPushButtons's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburg
Thanks Meter: 1,000
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho693

Why are you all talking about kit Kat features in a 4.3 kernel thread? Just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Because this kernel is leading a secret double life. It is also fond of KitKats.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DontPushButtons For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DontPushButtons Ad-Free
15th November 2013, 03:57 AM |#5011  
sushibabaes's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cotabato, City
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPushButtons

Because this kernel is leading a secret double life. It is also fond of KitKats.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

what does the binaries stands for? if i flashed factory images do i also need to flash the binaries/?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kernel, nexus 4, semaphore

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes