Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2013, 06:55 PM |#21  
Flag Strasbourg
Thanks Meter: 656

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash5000

Don't know, I only tested the build of Sept 29...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 4

OK thanks, I'm downloading the latest, I will test it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

6th October 2013, 07:11 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1,614

More
@Tasssadar: Ubuntu Touch is very buggy for me.

Most times it boots, it won't show any graphics. The phone is accessible via my computer (running Ubuntu 13.04) but doesn't show anything except a black screen (it's on but nothing is shown).
If I get it to boot and the screen turns off automatically after the specified period and goes into deep sleep, I often can't turn it on again.

Is that a bug with MultiROM? Does anybody else have these issues?
6th October 2013, 07:21 PM |#23  
Flag Izhevsk
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikwen

Most times it boots, it won't show any graphics. The phone is accessible via my computer (running Ubuntu 13.04) but doesn't show anything except a black screen (it's on but nothing is shown).
If I get it to boot and the screen turns off automatically after the specified period and goes into deep sleep, I often can't turn it on again.

Same thing here...Black screens on both Android and Ubuntu Touch. Roms boot, I can even unlock the screen "blindly", but no graphics..
6th October 2013, 07:27 PM |#24  
Flag Strasbourg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Same issue for me, I can't boot into Ubuntu Touch but from my PC with ubuntu 13.04 I can see my files ...
Can it be related to the internal ROM, like with Oblikas's version ?
6th October 2013, 07:50 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1,614

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aero

Same thing here...Black screens on both Android and Ubuntu Touch. Roms boot, I can even unlock the screen "blindly", but no graphics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynnyG

Same issue for me, I can't boot into Ubuntu Touch but from my PC with ubuntu 13.04 I can see my files ...
Can it be related to the internal ROM, like with Oblikas's version ?

Well, on the 20131005 build (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-tou...lled/20131005/) I have to retry it some times and once in a while it works.
But it's at least something.
This will be big. I feel it.

But the first ROM boots fine.
6th October 2013, 08:11 PM |#26  
Flag Strasbourg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well, on the 20131005 build (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-tou...lled/20131005/) I have to retry it some times and once in a while it works.
But it's at least something.
This will be big. I feel it.

But the first ROM boots fine.

Same for me with the 04 build. First time: boot, second, nothing ^^" but awesome to dual boot between ubuntu and android !
6th October 2013, 08:35 PM |#27  
Flag xxxxxxxxx
Thanks Meter: 415

More
@op I shall buy you a beer (y)
Nice work. Thnaks

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOuuK

Installing the kernel provided on vanir rom gives me inverted screen with tearing

I believe it requires a patched kernel ?
6th October 2013, 09:55 PM |#28  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 6,156

Donate to Me
More
Holly hell, n4 threads are moving fast.

Quote:

[/COLOR]Someone managed to boot Firefox OS as well: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post45747158

Somebody could pack that into multirom installation file - info here: https://github.com/Tasssadar/multiro...ster/installer and you can use for example WebOS pack (that's for grouper!) as a template: http://download1847.mediafire.com/m6..._20130404.mrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo1337

Ok so i whanna flash psx 7.2 and ubuntu touch what kexec i need to download? Thanks

Depends - what do you have as your primary ROM? You select the kernel for it, and flash it to that primary ROM, not the secondary ones.

Is your primary ROM based of CM? Then use CM kernel. Is it anything else? Use AOSP kernel, probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi3zu

Thanks for bringing this to the mako

Is it possible to use 4.2.2 roms with 4.3 roms at the same time? For example Slim with MIUI

Yes. Make sure to select "don't share kernel".

Quote:

I've got some problems with the current Ubuntu Touch build. (The one from 04-Oct-2013 21:51)

My first ROM is an AOKP (4.3) nightly by Marc Landis.
Then I did this:

• I installed the MultiROM zip in CWM.
  • Then I flashed the other recovery in fastboot.
  • Afterwards I flashed the patched stock kernel.
  • Then I installed the Ubuntu Touch zips (both as the installer said).
  • The first ROM boots as normal.
  • After some time Ubuntu Touch connects itself to my computer and I see the file manager on my computer with Ubuntu 13.04. I can access the files. However, the screen stays black.

Anyone else having this issue?

Currently, I am downloading the newest build. Let's see if it works with that one.

Quote:

It might be that the build is currently broken, but it works just fine on grouper. Anyway, I can't do much without _at least_ a bunch of logs. You can adb shell into it, even though it doesn't display anything, right? Well, get me the /var/log folder:

Code:
adb shell tar -cf /var/logs.tar /var/log
adb pull /var/logs.tar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynnyG

The Wi-Fi and cell connections doesn't work just for this build or for all?

I have no idea if they are even supposed to work. Would be great to get somebody who uses Ubuntu Touch as main OS.

Quote:

Installing the kernel provided on vanir rom gives me inverted screen with tearing

Are you sure you've selected the right version? There are two incompatible versions of CM kernel out there now, great. Use this one, it should work: http://d-h.st/YnB
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
6th October 2013, 10:02 PM |#29  
Flag Strasbourg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

Holly hell, n4 threads are moving fast.

Somebody could pack that into multirom installation file - info here: https://github.com/Tasssadar/multiro...ster/installer and you can use for example WebOS pack (that's for grouper!) as a template: http://download1847.mediafire.com/m6..._20130404.mrom

Depends - what do you have as your primary ROM? You select the kernel for it, and flash it to that primary ROM, not the secondary ones.

Is your primary ROM based of CM? Then use CM kernel. Is it anything else? Use AOSP kernel, probably.

Yes. Make sure to select "don't share kernel".

It might be that the built is currently broken, but it works just fine on grouper. Anyway, I can't do much without _at least_ a bunch of logs. You can adb shell into it, even though it doesn't display anything, right? Well, get me the /var/log folder:

Code:
adb shell tar -cf /var/logs.tar /var/log
adb pull /var/logs.tar

I have no idea if they are even supposed to work. Would be great to get somebody who uses Ubuntu Touch as main OS.

Are you sure you've selected the right version? There are two incompatible versions of CM kernel out there now, great. Use this one, it should work: http://d-h.st/YnB

Thanks, I hope that somebody with Ubuntu as main os would reply!

About the black screen it happens to me with the 04/10 and 05/10 builds. For now I'm not in home so I can't provide you log, when it will be possible I'll do it

6th October 2013, 10:24 PM |#30  
Flag Plano
Thanks Meter: 122

More
All UTouch questions/concerns should probably be re-directed to the UTouch thread in the General section. It's already been posted there that the 10/4 build does NOT work.
6th October 2013, 10:30 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:

+1 on psx

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, dualboot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)