[ROM] [MAKO] [4.3] [cfX-Toolchain Clang 3.4] codefireXperiment Nightlies + Weeklies

Search This thread

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
This new Android distribution treats development differently than any other. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to use a custom LLVM 3.4 suite based toolchain globally.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ROM, THREAD, CHANGELOG, AND DISCUSSION.

Roach aka Roach2010 is the main mako device maintainer.

A post detailing our team and new developers from TeamEOS can be found in the OP linked.

Enjoy, and thank you for choosing codefireXperiment :)

We have a bug report page listed in the linked OP. Any reports in this thread will go unnoticed. Thank you!

Last edited:

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Awesome work team CFX!! :D I'm ready to try this out NOW!!!!! :victory:

pawan1993

Sep 27, 2010
Great news! Definitely the most awaited release bar 4.3 JB. Hopefully all the users will begin to appreciate the move to open master now! Running Vanir right now and it's smooth but I have a feeling this is even smoother! Great work cfx :) You have some very happy users now ;)

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
Does this have phablet ui more?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

The gapps do, but I don't believe this would matter, as CFXP does not have a phablet UI mode to utilize the P.A gapps ability.

CFXP is designed to be as close to the stock AOSP experience as possible at the moment.

Connor Baker

P.S: If I have misspoken, or am wrong, please let me know and I will change my post.

gio_punsalan

Jan 17, 2013
How is the rom guys? i cannot wait to flash it but my download speed is slower than usual today. Really excited to try this!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gio_punsalan

Jan 17, 2013
WTF! Why is this rom so fast! I was mindblown! I changed the animations to 0.5 like I always do and I was amazed! you may say that its because of the animations that gave the impression that this rom is fast but no! there is absolutely no loading time! It shows up in an instant. Wow. Using the stock kernel because I cannot flash any other kernel because it gets stuck st the bootscreen. But wow. I have tried almost all the roms here and the speed blows them all. I like featurepacked roms but I was intrigued by this and tried it for my flashing needs. I did not expect this speed at all. Great job synergye and teamEOS! I am hoping I can flash other kernels in the future though! Thank you!

kptnk

Apr 15, 2011
Paris
Hell yeah ! I was waiting for this since soo looong :)

And a Rom devlopped by Synergy and maintained by Roach can only be awesome !

Reactions: snacdaws

gio_punsalan

Jan 17, 2013
Did anyone of you successfully flash other kernels? all I want is to change the colors. The rom is perfect for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This new Android distribution treats development differently than any other. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to use a custom LLVM 3.4 suite based toolchain globally.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE ROM, THREAD, CHANGELOG, AND DISCUSSION.

Roach aka Roach2010 is the main mako device maintainer.

A post detailing our team and new developers from TeamEOS can be found in the OP linked.

Enjoy, and thank you for choosing codefireXperiment :)

We have a bug report page listed in the linked OP. Any reports in this thread will go unnoticed. Thank you!
    @bigrushdog - any plans to port the nice battery % mod from EOS to CFX? Thanks!

Yes. I've been busy getting devices running so I haven't had much time for feature work.

On a side note, most users have no clue as to how the internals have changed in 4.3. First, the entire concept of "root" has changed dramatically and permanently. Only user "shell" has root. Thus any process requesting root must be piped by a new su daemon to the shell user. This is light years different than before, and has introduced many new complications in trying to emulate previous Superuser behavior. This is why we don't include su in the build. The su daemon by both Koush and Chains are not perfect and introduce instability, albeit subtle. They are legendary devs and are working hard and I commend them for their work. Remember, these are nightly builds. They may or may not be stable depending on countless factors. We had a few days of graphics issues and I apologize for that. It was an experiment with libpng 1.6 that went south. It has since been fixed. I don't have mako. But I'll subscribe to this thread now since it seems some users wanna get cute. To everyone else, thank you for your patience and support. If you really wanna be on the forefront of android development, CodefireX is the place to be.
    The thread title change is not a typo. Many of you may have seen a plethora of code fixes and cleanups being merged into upstream AOSP by us, as well as into our github. It was all for this topic, and we have finally reached the point of having cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.4 set globally as the default compiler, and also utilizing Polly optimizations.

We're ahead of the curve yet again with another codefireXperiment first ;)
    Big thanks to ajf64 for the new website we've now moved onto!

Re: Mako 4.4, we'll start working on it when KK catches up to us partially. At the moment it's a huge step backward in many integral ways. I know a lot of guys have already hopped on board to the release branches, but they're also not doing any of the research that we are.

It might also seem like our changelog has been a little bare recently, but rest assured we're just working on some very large changes for the good of the platform as a whole.
    Updated the OP for 4.3. Thanks should go out to all team members and testers who helped make this happen. Enjoy :)

Edit: superuser will be fixed out of the box shortly if we decide to keep it. Both his superuser install zip and supersu work though.