FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Where should PSX be located

XDA thread where it is currently

166 Vote(s)
91.21%
Private Google+ community (Invites only)

16 Vote(s)
8.79%

[ROM+KERNEL] [AOSP] [4.3] [JWR66Y+JSS15R] [PSX+PSK] [v8.5] [10/28/2013] Pure Speed X

6,709 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,141

By ctfrommn, Senior Member on 4th August 2013, 11:21 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Welcome to PSX (Pure Speed X)

A collaboration between myself, rustyjay, and Banks. I bring the speed jay adds the features...and “QC” and Banks is the scriptmaster and lean Rom machine.

PSX is a fast, built from source (4.3_r1.1) Rom with an emphasis on speed and performance. Our goal is to provide unrivaled performance, stability, and a lightweight Rom with a handful of valuable features. We are not, nor ever will be focused on adding every feature out there. We will always be searching for ways to make it faster, more stable, more secure, and feature rich, but never at the cost of performance.

I want to thank all of those who supported me on this journey either through helping me learn, aiding me with issues, or testing for me. I especially want to thank @rascarlo for allowing me to post my builds in his thread for so long. He is a gracious host and the epitome of how a developer should behave and a thread should be run. I intend to do my best to follow his example in this area.

This thread will be a place of peace and community. We wont tolerate bickering, drama, or flaming of other members, whether seasoned or brand new. Not only will OT conversation be allowed, it is encouraged as I believe if fosters a better sense of community and an environment of sharing knowledge. Members will be treated with respect here and all questions will be answered to the best of our abilities in as timely a manner as possible.

Feature requests will be welcomed. We will however not add anything that compromises the goal of this project or is not deemed valuable to the Rom as a whole. Certain features will never see there way in including, but not limited to, CM PIE and Theme manager. Speed will always be the focus here with features taking a back seat.

Now sit back, enjoy yourselves, and oh yea........buckle up!

Directions
TWRP 2.5.0.0 or 2.6.0.0 is recommended
Download Rom, GApps, and SuperSU
Reboot into recovery
Factory reset or wipe dalvik/cache/system
Flash Rom, GApps, and SuperSU
Hold on tight!

Features and changelog here
Changelog
Feature Requests

Downloads here
v8.5 is the latest
Rom
PSX GApps
PSX Add-Ons

Many thanks to @italia0101 for this most excellent review

Thanks to
All those who helped me along the way and especially, but not limited to, the following developers and groups......
Google for their wonderful OS that makes open source possible for all of us!

@rascarlo for many features and commits
@kevdliu and @DariosF for the quick settings mod
@Martin_Ro
Team AOKP
Team CM
Team PA
Team Slim
VanirAOSP
CFX
All my faithful testers
And any more I forgot to mention....without a community of developers none of this is possible.

Kernel Source
Thanks to….
Google for the source
@franciscofranco
@faux123
@ramgear
@anarkia1976
@stratosk
@morfic
@motley
@mathkid95
@hellsgod
@sparksco
@BytecodeMe
Any others I forgot to mention for the amazing, innovative development.

The Following 380 Users Say Thank You to ctfrommn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ctfrommn Ad-Free

4th August 2013, 11:23 PM |#2  
Flag Pescara - Adriatic coast
Thanks Meter: 24

More
First!
Reserved
Had a look to the changelog, if I may ask, I see no trace of BT optimisation, "a la francaise".
Thanks for your work, really appreciate your OP and the words regarding OM Devs.
Will try ASAP
Alessandro

Edit: I intended CBARONNE ( actually a Texas member ) mod for BT, in General section

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
4th August 2013, 11:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Interesting. I'll be trying this out.....I'm assuming this is similar to slim bean?

4th August 2013, 11:32 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks_

Interesting. I'll be trying this out.....I'm assuming this is similar to slim bean?

Not sure, never tried it. If youre referring to SlimRom then no, very different.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ctfrommn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ctfrommn Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 11:44 PM |#5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 21

More
No need for Gapps?
4th August 2013, 11:50 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik_yerbouti

No need for Gapps?

No, Bank's built in.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ctfrommn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ctfrommn Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 11:52 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
any suggestions on the kernel?
4th August 2013, 11:54 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangesh57

any suggestions on the kernel?

Stock....although I see Trinity just pushed a test kernel. I havent used it yet, but Im told its great.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ctfrommn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ctfrommn Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 12:08 AM |#9  
Flag Somewhere in Canada ;)
Thanks Meter: 682

More
Theme changer included?
5th August 2013, 12:10 AM |#10  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 10,786

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz71

Theme changer included?

Taken from op

Quote:

Certain features will never see there way in including, but not limited to, CM PIE and Theme manager

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BaNkS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BaNkS Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 12:11 AM |#11  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 842

More
Thank you so much!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread