[ROM][AOSP JDQ39E][cfX 4.8.1-toolchain][SR20] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightlies!

Search This thread

jc monkeyballs

Nov 24, 2008
I didn't want to gunk up the thread, but at the same time this thread doesn't get the traffic that some others do. I think that's because of the lack of issues.

This is easily the best ROM I've used on our phone, and the new update is fantastic.

Thanks! :good:

SchmilK

Nov 2, 2007
play.google.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well I didn't use the gapps from op, I downloaded gapps from goo.im for 4.2.1. Maybe try that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Finally got an upgrade to work. Started with codefirex + CyanogenMod gapps pack. Always get the system ui crash if update ROM and ref lash those gapps.

This time flashed new codefirex, flashed op gapps pack, reset cache and dalvik cache. Rebooted and went straight to desktop. :) no welcome screen or system ui errors.

All is looking good so far.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

air2k57

Oct 5, 2009
So sr1 had same issue with hulu, any idea on how to get it working?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357849830707.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357849830707.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: synergye

zdenoh1975

Feb 16, 2010
Please, why is the bluetooth call quality in car system so low? :confused: (mostly on the other side calls, that can not hear me well - cutting and very low quality)
On other ROMs it seems to be OK and it wasnt any issue in bluetooth car audio - nobody complained.. Is this known issue of this ROM, or only my?? Thank you!

airchie

Aug 11, 2009
London
Running SR2 with Franco kernel r29 and everything seems very smooth, thanks for the awesome work. :)

Just need to get the volume music controls working with Spotify and I'm happy... :)

Sent from my Nexus 4

sumkee

Jun 18, 2011
This Rom is friggin amazing with Franco r29. I have been following Synergy since he started his bulids back on the desire hd. His roms are top notch. Thanks for the great works man.

rlaw

Jul 13, 2011
Please, why is the bluetooth call quality in car system so low? :confused: (mostly on the other side calls, that can not hear me well - cutting and very low quality)
On other ROMs it seems to be OK and it wasnt any issue in bluetooth car audio - nobody complained.. Is this known issue of this ROM, or only my?? Thank you!

Bluetooth car audio works excellently for me, no audio issues. Have you taken your car in for service recently? They usually patch and update console software when you do, could be the car. Or perhaps you were in a bad service area? Are you using a custom kernel?

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

I didn't want to gunk up the thread, but at the same time this thread doesn't get the traffic that some others do. I think that's because of the lack of issues.

This is easily the best ROM I've used on our phone, and the new update is fantastic.

Thanks! :good:

There really are very few issues. 95% of things 'just work.'

You make a good point. A lot of the high traffic threads deal with support requests.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Flashed this yestd. Awesome ROM. No issues yet

I came from Xylon 015 Rom and few things I am unable to find:

1] There was a setting to disable notification light and put phone on silent for a certain amount of time (Had it during night between 12am to 8am). Anyway to do this on this Rom

2] Anyway to add shortcuts on the lockscreen

3] Anyone tried this ROM with Bricked kernel and had any issues?

4] Adding different user's? (it gave option to put switch user in power options but didn't do anything on power menu when enabled)

Not requesting anything. Just wanted to check if they are in ROM and if I am missing them

1. I don't see a ROM level do not disturb mode. You can download an app to resolve this. HD Widgets has a widget to toggle mode for this but only for notifications I believe, dunno if it will disable alarms or BLN.

2. Not that I can see besides assigning shortcuts to widgets such as UCCW, SimpleText and Minimalistic Text.

3. Others have used and recommend Bricked with no issues.

4. Not sure. I know at the Android level, that's a tablet specific feature. Not sure how this ROM handles it or if setting dpi to tablet mode will trigger it.

Reactions: crazyhazy

reaper000

Aug 3, 2009
OnePlus 9
Came over here from Xylon 015 + FrancoR29
AnTuTu score was 12000ish over 3 trials.

Codefire + Franco got about 11000ish.
Codefire with its native kernel ran 14500ish.

Now I'm not a true believer of benchmark scores, as there are way too many confounding variables to consider, especially across devices/users. And I still think Franco is a great dev, whose work on the N4 is still early... But I have to say that Codefire is frakkin' impressive!

Hope that battery life is as good as performance!

Traviizter

May 29, 2012
Fareham
Am I the only I've without haptic feedback? The navigation buttons don't vibrate on touch for me.

EDIT: Never mind, I unchecked 'vibrate on touch'.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

rlaw

Jul 13, 2011
Came over here from Xylon 015 + FrancoR29
AnTuTu score was 12000ish over 3 trials.

Codefire + Franco got about 11000ish.
Codefire with its native kernel ran 14500ish.

Now I'm not a true believer of benchmark scores, as there are way too many confounding variables to consider, especially across devices/users. And I still think Franco is a great dev, whose work on the N4 is still early... But I have to say that Codefire is frakkin' impressive!

Hope that battery life is as good as performance!

I've found battery life with this ROM to be QUITE excellent. And not to stir the pot, this is just my own personal opinion - but I find Franco's kernel to be overrated. Motley's and Faux's are, in my opinion, highly superior and I always find myself going back to Motley's after trying others out just as I always find myself coming back to my cfx nandroid after trying out other ROMs.

No other kernel has been as stable for me, providing an excellent balance of performance and battery life. Motley's development schedule is also much slower with fewer updates, allowing new tweaks and such to mature and be tested on other's projects before adding his own implementation.

Faux provides an interesting beta experience with bleeding edge tech (except for Linaro optimizations and such). Not as stable for me as Motley but his unique work allows for the best battery life possible (albeit at the cost of performance) if you so choose to go down that route. One of his users achieved 7hrs+ screen on time by disabling two cores, frequency capping etc.

Franco doesn't have beta releases. Just mainline releases where he continually tests new stuff. I admire his willingness to explore new stuff (except for uv and Linaro :p) but often problems and such arise.. Like his aggressive thermal throttling limiting multitasking.

To be fair, many devs eschew Linaro optimizations implementation and even extreme uv will offer perhaps a 5% battery life savings, at most.

And yeah, cfx is the first AOSP ROM to convince me to permanently switch from being a CM stalwart and will definitely consider cfx support when choosing new devices (which will probably all be Nexus hardware anyway so I hope they will support hint hint :p).

Reactions: sumkee and synergye

Wanya79

Sep 5, 2010
I've found battery life with this ROM to be QUITE excellent. And not to stir the pot, this is just my own personal opinion - but I find Franco's kernel to be overrated. Motley's and Faux's are, in my opinion, highly superior and I always find myself going back to Motley's after trying others out just as I always find myself coming back to my cfx nandroid after trying out other ROMs.

No other kernel has been as stable for me, providing an excellent balance of performance and battery life. Motley's development schedule is also much slower with fewer updates, allowing new tweaks and such to mature and be tested on other's projects before adding his own implementation.

Faux provides an interesting beta experience with bleeding edge tech (except for Linaro optimizations and such). Not as stable for me as Motley but his unique work allows for the best battery life possible (albeit at the cost of performance) if you so choose to go down that route. One of his users achieved 7hrs+ screen on time by disabling two cores, frequency capping etc.

Franco doesn't have beta releases. Just mainline releases where he continually tests new stuff. I admire his willingness to explore new stuff (except for uv and Linaro :p) but often problems and such arise.. Like his aggressive thermal throttling limiting multitasking.

To be fair, many devs eschew Linaro optimizations implementation and even extreme uv will offer perhaps a 5% battery life savings, at most.

And yeah, cfx is the first AOSP ROM to convince me to permanently switch from being a CM stalwart and will definitely consider cfx support when choosing new devices (which will probably all be Nexus hardware anyway so I hope they will support hint hint :p).

That was exact the Topic, that i've planned to ask here, cos when i flashed franco's Kernel with this the Antutu Score goes highly down. So for Performance i can only flash, linaro compiled Kernel's? which one has so implentations?

bclark

Oct 20, 2010
New Hampshire
That was exact the Topic, that i've planned to ask here, cos when i flashed franco's Kernel with this the Antutu Score goes highly down. So for Performance i can only flash, linaro compiled Kernel's? which one has so implentations?

Usually motley, bricked, and trinity (morfic was testing the new Google chain though so this may have changed).

rlaw

Jul 13, 2011

This ROM is already built with the Linaro additions. Using a non-Linaro built kernel won't penalize performance or negate the Linaro optimizations (this ROM comes with stock kernel after all) but not all kernels are made the same of course and some may provide better performance than others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will not be able to find a faster source built rom. Built with a custom gcc 4.8.1 toolchain, strict aliasing, isoc++11 mode, O3 completely, and well as other optimizations. Click HERE for a better thread, discussion, download, and more info.

KpPdB.png

CLICK HERE FOR INTERACTIVE CHANGELOG :)

0ewwe.png

sNCLZ.png

fixed the security settings fc for good now. That upload was actually also accidental, lol. Ran the wrong script when I went to do a personal build (cron jobs and scripts are how the nightlies usually get done). Sorry about that guys...but at least you know that progress is being made ;). SELInux was being such a ***** that we went back to partial release repos with a lot of master parts with progress we made while working off master. Actually just did a build with the best performance we've had in a build yet.

A release will come soon, just need to make sure that it will give the SR prefix it's true meaning back - Everything's even going through review now. Also holding off on nightlies (and accidental script execution) until the stable release. We also have a few new guys contributing to cfx who are doing killer jobs and working their asses off as well :)
    SR20 now up. Dirty flashing from any OpenMaster release will cause issues due to rolling database versions back, so you may need to clean flash.
    Big thanks to all contributors, this awesome team, and the great translation team.
    SR16 updated. This is a giant update and the first of it's kind (again) for a custom jb rom AFAICT. Think of arch linux or another rolling distribution but for android ;). This has many benefits such as staying more bleeding edge, but also means that we will no longer need to start over on the next major android release. This happens with all current custom android distributions, and is a real shame. Basically this means we're further ahead of the other roms even more so, and will be when the next major android release is merged in as well ;)

Big thanks to this awesome team, all contributors, and all translators.

Now yes we're working on fixing the navbar size issue as well as the others. This rebase was just something I had on mind for awhile now.
    Re: [ROM][AOSP OpenMaster][cfX 4.7.3-toolchain][SR16] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightlies!

A quick update: the nightlies aren't going right now because they would have the same selinux issue with root and sometimes not boot. I'm working on fixing it as well as Wi-Fi, and am hoping to have it fixed today.