FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][NON-OFFICIAL][7.0] Omni 7

833 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,533

By kldoc, Senior Member on 4th October 2016, 08:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from kldoc: Omni 7 is coming to Nexus 4 !
What is Omni?

Omni Gerrit Review

Disclaimer
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 */
DOWNLOADS:
omni-7.0-20161022-mako-HOMEMADE.zip

Because of the nature of Xposed framework, NO SUPPORT will be given to those running Xposed framework on Omni 6
CHANGELOG:
Code:
2016-10-22: -Video recording fixed on stock camera (snapdragon camera still have some issues there, jerky video) -Omni features progressively backported 2016-10-4: Initial Release

You MUST DO A FULL WIPE, whether you are coming from homemade builds (aka my builds), or a previous version of OmniROM. Be certain to do a full backup of your data, apps, call logs, sms/text and so on before flashing.
GAPPS must be flashed BEFORE initial boot, they will NOT work properly if you flash them afterwards !!!

KNOWN BUGS:

Code:
- Camera recording only works with Google Camera - Screen rotation isn't working
Omni only supports TWRP recovery, use any alternate recovery at your own risk.
RECOMMENDED TWRP

Source
OmniROM Source

Only a few changes are taken from CyanogenMod, but thanks to them for those
CyanogenMod Source

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM 7, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
kldoc, MaR-V-iN, Maxwen, Entropy512, Xplodwild, Jiangyi
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-10-04
Last Updated 2016-10-21
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kldoc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kldoc Ad-Free

4th October 2016, 12:14 PM |#2  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Wow.... already?
Thanks for the hard work! Any features?
4th October 2016, 12:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaggebi

Wow.... already?
Thanks for the hard work! Any features?

More or less the same features than in Omni 6, everything is being backported.
Battery led and custom notification led will be there in next build.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kldoc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kldoc Ad-Free
4th October 2016, 01:37 PM |#4  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,041

More
Talking We expect android 8
Why such a hurry !?
Before you refine the A-7 will have A-8.

Of course it was a joke, but journalists already predict the future:

Android 8 : ce que l'on attend
4th October 2016, 03:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

Why such a hurry !?
Before you refine the A-7 will have A-8.

Of course it was a joke, but journalists already predict the future:

Android 8 : ce que l'on attend

Mostly because I'm in vacations, and got the time this week to do the bringup for Nexus 4, then OmniROM got gerrit fixed so we could merge everything that needed to, from there, things go quite fast, team is actually quite efficient

I noticed a few kernel side commits i didn't merge yet, so tomorrow's build, you should expect a few things fixed, rotation should be fixed, and some omnigear stuff are coming back
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kldoc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kldoc Ad-Free
4th October 2016, 06:28 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Do you know if the future official omni 7 will require full wipe if coming from official omni 6???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mandgeo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mandgeo Ad-Free
5th October 2016, 02:56 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandgeo

Do you know if the future official omni 7 will require full wipe if coming from official omni 6???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I think I stated it the header, yes, it will be needed to avoid any problem, Android 7 has a lot of changes.
5th October 2016, 12:33 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New build delayed for tomorrow, have been hard at work trying to solve the camera video recording, failed. Rotation is fixed.
Video recording seems to be a recurring issue on Android 7 for older devices, and none of the ROM I checked managed to really fix it for good. From there, I'm not actually certain it will ever get fixed, and because of this, I don't know if Nexus 4 will reach nightlies or not. I will publish builds as OmniROM features get backported, but won't go any further than this.
Given Google's pricing for Pixel, I am soon buying a Oneplus 3, and will switch to it for OmniROM support.
I'm not giving up totally on Nexus 4, but dev won't be as up to date as it was when I did Marshmallow or Lollipop.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kldoc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kldoc Ad-Free
5th October 2016, 12:53 PM |#9  
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Hi all! I have been wondering if Snapdragon camera is included, cuz that's the only thing stopping me from switching to Omni 7 or CM 14?
5th October 2016, 01:55 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefov01

Hi all! I have been wondering if Snapdragon camera is included, cuz that's the only thing stopping me from switching to Omni 7 or CM 14?

Yes, Snapdragon Camera is included, it's actually replacing the stock AOSP camera, only video recording is broken on Nexus 4 atm, that's what I was mentioning earlier, no one has this properly working 100%, camera itself is able to take pictures, no issues there, but just video recording isn't possible atm.
The Following User Says Thank You to kldoc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kldoc Ad-Free
5th October 2016, 09:35 PM |#11  
Flag burbank
Thanks Meter: 238

More
I remember stepen wolf with cm 14 unofficial figuring on how ot fix it. but I am not sure if he has done so as of yet or not. but he di state it was on hhis list of things to do to fix the rom. so whwho knows between you and stepean with cm14 you guys can figure it eventually.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

just read his post he still has the same issue with camera video recording having issues it will record in 720 p ok but with 1080p has issues. so he will be working on it. so hopefully between kldoc and stepan the issue will get resolved.thats the only issue with nexus 4 having had the AOSP 7 rom on my nexus 4 over 2 months now. kldoc I am also agreeing with you google made a big disservice to the developer by raising the price of the pixel for the development community. as soon as I have some fund I will be joining in support and getting a 1 plus 3 as well. the only thing will be to get older nexus device and keep them up to date and then going forward go with other vendor to prove to google that they are not the only premium product with a outrageous price that the development community cant afford and then will end up jumping ot other product lines to support going forward in the future . that's one thing that google has now gotten out of touch with its community. they are forgetting that the development community got them to the big Android dance. The developers developers . I respect what all you guys and gals do here on XDA for all of us!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrk2815 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrk2815 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)