Greets to the people here at XDA,
We "Team BRIDGE" are here, attempting to compile Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build JDQ39E from Android Open Source Project (AOSP). This thread is created to provide you people with the change logs, downloads, Instructions, bug submissions and development updates. So, kindly take over your ROM discussions to the Discussion thread under General Section, no appreciation posts or discussions are accepted here. If you like to appreciate, please press the THANKS button instead. Proceeding now towards the main content of this ROM.
ThinkingBridge ROM is an Android aftermarket firmware which is built with the purpose to offer maximum stability, high performance & an appealing User Interface. This ROM is based on The Android Open Source Project (AOSP), CyanogenMod & AOKP code. We are here to contribute to the Android Open Source world and provide our users with the Best-Of-Android.
Officially Supported Devices:
- Nexus 4 (mako)
- GSM Galaxy Nexus (maguro)
- Nexus S (crespo)
- Nexus 7 (grouper)
- Galaxy S (i9000)
- Galaxy S2 (i9100)
- Galaxy S3 (i9300)
- Galaxy Note (n7000)
- Galaxy Note 2 (n7100)
- Optimus G (e975)
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. */
- Android Open Source Project: Or in short AOSP. Android is an open-source software stack created for mobile phones and other devices. The Android Open Source Project (AOSP), led by Google, is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android. Many device manufacturers have brought to market devices running Android, and they are readibly available around the world.
- Rooting: Android rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem. Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices, resulting in the ability to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user.
Fully Functional Features:
- RIL (Calls, data and texts)
- Touch UI
- Notification drawer and toggles
- Quick Toggles
Features Offered By ThinkingBridge ROM
- ThinkingBridge Welcome App (About the Team, Changelogs & Contacts us)
- ThinkingBridge Wallpapers App
- CyanogenMod FileManager
- DSP Manager
- Trebuchet Launcher
- ROM Settings
-General UI (Add Custom Boot Animations, Custom Carrier Label, StatusBar Brightness slider, Transparency Settings, UI Mode etc.
-Power Menu (Select what to show up in Power Menu and other Power Menu settings)
-Navigation Bar (Enable/Disable NavBar, Add/Remove buttons, change colors, configure widgets etc.)
-Navigation Ring (Set NavBar Ring targets)
-Hardware Keys (Enable custom actions and enable 3-dot overflow menu)
-Pie Controls (Enable/Disable pie, change colors, Trigger Area, Size, Alignment, Gravity etc.)
-Toggles (Add/Change/Remove toggles, change toggle style etc.)
-Battery (Change the battery icon on StatusBar, change colors, battery bar etc.)
-Clock (Change the Clock icon on StatusBar, change colors, AM/PM Style, Alignment, clock actions etc.)
-Signal (Change Signal icon on StatusBar, change colors, hide Signal bar etc.)
-Lockscreen (Change lock options, modify widgets, change colors etc.)
-Custom Shortcuts (Set custom shortcuts to the lockscreen)
-Custom Targets (Add custom targets to the lockscreen)
-Lock Clock Widget (Modify/change/remove the clock on the lockscreen)
-Sound (Enable volume panel, flip phone settings, headphones and bluetooth headset otpions etc.)
- Theme Engine Support
- Parition Info (Information about /System, /data, /cache, /sdcard and EXT partitions)
- CPU Settings (Change Governor, Min/Max CPU freq., scheduler)
- Koush's Superuser App
- New Custom Toggles (Favourite contact, Clock toggle, Fast Charge, LTE, Pie, NFC, Quick record, Quiet hours, Screenshot, Signal, Sleep, Sound state, USB tether, WiFi tether, Current user)
- Custom Camera features
- 4 Way Reboot (Reboot, Bootloader, Recovery & Hot-Reboot)
- Completely revamped Settings interface
- ListView Animations
Dec 10, 2012
Feb 17, 2013 [Beta 1]
- Initial Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39 release: AOSP 4.2.2_r1 branch merged
- Support new devices
- Fixed korean camera sound
- Support multiusers on phone
- Added Pie control
- Added Custom hardware keys
Feb 24, 2013 [Beta 2]
- Fixed Camera FC
- Fixed Quiet Hours Custom Tile
- Added Quick Record Tile
- Fixed Updating 2G, WiFi Tether and LTE Tiles
- Make System layour fill the homescreen properly on Expanded Desktop mode
- Smoother lockscreen framework on low RAM devices
Mar 15, 2013 [Beta 3]
- Pie control update
- Removed Sense style recent menu
- Toggle rewrite
- Fixed SystemUI crash
- More detail back to kill toast
- Navbar performance update
- Fixed Expanded Desktop mode
- Fixed Camera settings FCs
- Fixed Tapatalk FCs
- Fixed many bugs
- Added many features
Mar 18, 2013 [Beta 3 Minor Update]
- Fixed Lag in launcher and everywhere else (Dalvik VM heapsize issue)
Apr 21, 2013 [Stable 1]
- Add Share ThinkingBridge ROM into DeviceinfoSettings
- Support Ad-Hoc (IBSS) mode
- Support new devices
- Screenshot rotaion
- Status Bar Network Traffic Indicator
- Improved SystemUI layout
- Optimize Low-end devices
- Hide statusbar clock also for DashClock
- Update screenshot toggle
- Remove lag when launching an app
- Fixed Photosphere/Camera FCs
- Fixed memory leaks
- Fixed after change signal type or text color
- Fixed many bugs
- crespo: Use marmite v8.5 cm bigmem kernel
- crespo: Merge CM Custom vsync,enable Power HAL
- crespo: Add CM definitions
May 21, 2013 [Stable 2]
- Common: Merged android 4.2.2_r1.2
- Common: Added FullSwing on ScrollView,Webview
- Common: Added AOKP Ribbon
- Common: Added turn off action to WiFi Tether notification
- Common: Rework LockScreen
- Common: Fixed SystemUI memory leaks
- Common: Support Galaxy S4
- Contacts: Update T9 dialer
- Contacts: Display location support
- Contacts: Make company name on title bar more readable
- Contacts: force left justification on separator headers in contact list
- Phone: Added support for proprietary libaudio voice quality filter
- Phone: Ignore restart ringer once silent requested when incoming call
- Settings: Added AirplaneMod Enabler into settings
- Settings: Auto-brightness updates
- Settings: Fixed many bugs
- ROMControl: Added LED Control
- ROMControl: Show back action arrow in main menu
- Wallpaper: Follow ParanoidAndroid GNU GPLv2 license and add solid color
[SB3]=//Not released due to instability
- Common: ListView Animation!
- Common: Stabilization
- Common: WirelessADB Toggle
- Common: StayAwake Toggle
- Common: Fixed Screen off animation
- Common: Screen Sizing for TabUI when HiddenNav Enabled
- Common: Enable navigation bar transparency to be shown
- Common: Auto Keyboard Rotation
- Common: Notification Shortcuts
- Common: Wifi name to notification drawer
- Common: Add second clock
- Common: More battery icons
- Common: Profiles settings
- Common: New LED Settings
- Common: Remove koush superuser..
- Common: Hello SuperSU
- Settings: 2 ActionBar Settings (Common, System)
- Settings: Remove Partition info
- Settings: Remove multiusers for phone
- ROMControl: Bye bye romcontrol
June 27, 2013 [SB4]
- Common: ListView Animation bug fixed!
- Common: Tile Background and Press Color
- Common: New color picker (Thanks to slim)
- Common: Fixed lag!
- Common: Stabilization
- Common: Fixed galaxy s2 image crash bug
- SystemUI: fixed not update bugs (Ribbon or brightness control)
- PackagesInstaller: Fixed install apps bug
- Nfc: Fixed Nfc on/off bug
ROM | GApps
Instructions to Install
- Download the latest ROM zip and GApps packages.
- Connect your Nexus 4 to the PC via USB data cable.
- Drag the downloaded two zips to the root of your storage (and not in any folder).
- Power off the device, press Volume Down + Power buttons altogether until you see the bootloader screen. Now use the volume keys to highlight Recovery mode and select it using power button.
- You are now in Recovery mode.
- If you are flashing this ROM for the first time (coming from another ROM): wipe /data (factory reset), dalvik-cache and /system
- If you are updating this ROM (coming from previously installed version of this ROM): wipe /cache
- "Install zip from sdcard" > "choose zip from sdcard" > select the ROM zip and press "Yes" to flash.
- Follow the above step again to flash the Gapps.
- When all is done, select "reboot system now".
You can also follow this guide, if you haven't gone custom yet.
Github | Website | Google+ | Facebook | Twitter
Want to report a bug? Read this first!
The below stated format shall be strictly followed to report any bug related to this specific ROM. Make sure that you have not overclocked over the provided CPU frequency and also that you are not running any custom kernels. Such bugs will be subjected to ignorance
Bug submission should majorly be done at the Bug Tracker.
Build Date / Release version: Eg. Dec 10, 2012
Bug Description: Describe the bug in English and as in-depth as possible.
How to reproduce the bug: Describe the instructions to reproduce your bug, so that I can confirm that its universal
Logcat: A logcat is considered very necessary during a bug report and will help me solve the bug at a fast rate. So, provide a logcat to your bug if possible.
Credits & Thanksgiving
We show our gratitude to all those who have contributed to us in anyway possible and foremost these marvelous development teams and members whose work has made it all possible. Apologies, if we miss someone.
Thanks a lot for Donating
ThinkingBridge ROM, a ROM for the Google Nexus 4
DJBhardwaj, htchoi5609, woorim98, Black-Prince
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP, AOKP, CyanogenMod, CarbonROM
Current Stable Version: 4
Stable Release Date: 2013-06-27
Last Updated 2013-07-04