FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 4 Thread

2,199 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,982

By WugFresh, Inactive Recognized Developer on 26th November 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 602 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WugFresh Ad-Free

26th November 2012, 11:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Does automatically install Clockwork recovery?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danthepan124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danthepan124 Ad-Free
27th November 2012, 12:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepan124

I believe it flashes TWRP recovery. Thats what I got from reading the change log here http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Great job this looks awesome thank you for putting this together!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blkbltwrestler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blkbltwrestler Ad-Free
27th November 2012, 12:26 AM |#4  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,982

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepan124

If you check the "flash custom recovery" checkbox under root, then yes.. however it defaults to flash TWRP, unless the user selects CWM in the options menu:

It also will take care of renaming the system files to ensure its sticks, and it will install the busybox installer (free) app by Stericson.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WugFresh Ad-Free
27th November 2012, 12:26 AM |#5  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Nice. Will be nice to have this as a backup option . Definitely easier to use in terms of UI thank the Nexus 4 Root toolkit by mskip heh.
27th November 2012, 02:22 AM |#6  
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 19

More
That backup option - is there a way, once unlocked and rooted, to grab my apps from the backup that were wiped, but not the entire thing? I downloaded about 8GB of apps before rooting, so I have no way to backup, I think. :[
27th November 2012, 04:22 AM |#7  
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Alright did it, rooted. Used the backup option a couple times trying to get it to work all the way, but for some reason, it only backed up about half of my apps.
27th November 2012, 05:53 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
The best rooting kit in the land

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ "suMo* For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJ "suMo* Ad-Free
27th November 2012, 06:22 AM |#9  
Flag Palo Alto
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Angry
been waiting for this since the release of nexus 4, much thanks!
27th November 2012, 07:04 AM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 7,275

Donate to Me
More
I've just added this toolkit to the Nexus 4 Complete Index

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KidCarter93 Ad-Free
27th November 2012, 10:36 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Just unlocked and rooted my N4 with this... great piece of software as always Wug, thanks Donated you some cash.
The Following User Says Thank You to ref1ux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ref1ux Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)