[ROOT][APP]GMD AutoHide Soft Keys

Search This thread

m k scott

Sep 20, 2010
Nm, just noticed the G+ thread asking the same question, sorry. Please delete

Just updated my N4 with Nitrogen 7.1 nougat rom. app no longer works alas. (Stalls at "setup environment") I know 7's not supported, but wondering if it will/can be at some point? thanks for this app btw, it's great! (tried beta 4.1 also)

Last edited:

atahanali_57

Jan 20, 2014
Does it work with nougat ?

Nope I just need to learn reading before asking. :D

Last edited:

gkg2k

Sep 20, 2012
GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys worked perfectly on my AICP 5.1.1 ROM and AICP 6.0.1 ROM.

I'm now trying it on AICP 7.1.1, I grant root permissions to it but the app keeps on checking Root privileges at start, perpetually. And it's not useable.

Is there a way to solve? I can't do without Auto Hide Soft Keys on Nougat!

Thank you,
Gianluca

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys worked perfectly on my AICP 5.1.1 ROM and AICP 6.0.1 ROM.

I'm now trying it on AICP 7.1.1, I grant root permissions to it but the app keeps on checking Root privileges at start, perpetually. And it's not useable.

Is there a way to solve? I can't do without Auto Hide Soft Keys on Nougat!

Thank you,
Gianluca

Same here bro, not working on Nougat or Oreo. Upon start forever it is saying ''checking Root privileges'' ...........

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It does NOT modify system files. If something unplanned happens, just reboot your device and it will restore your stock navigation bar.

It should work on other devices with Phone UI too. It also works on devices without soft keys. Let me know if your device works and I will enable it in Play Store.

Unique Features:
    - Hide just navigation bar and keep notifications bar.
    - Show Quick NavBar and click soft button with one simple swipe.
    - Theme Quick NavBar.
    - Adjust trigger size and position.
    - Integrate with Gesture Control or Tasker using Shortcuts.
    - Stock firmwares and Paranoid Android supported.
    - No system modifications are done
    - No reboot required to hide/show stock keys.

Differences to other status bar hiding apps:
    * Does not remove notification bar
    * Does not modify system
    * No need to reboot
    * Stock Notification panel and settings panels are fully working
    * Stock recent apps list is fully working
    * No problems with receiving phone calls

Known problems:
    * Sometimes resets wallpaper to default.

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys

Even if you download from XDA you can still purchase PRO key and key will be managed by Play Store. This means that once unlocked, app will always be unlocked - no matter if it is installed from XDA or Play Store. You can switch between XDA/PlayStore version any time without loosing key.

Direct downloads in main thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2266428
    Tested and working:
    Nexus 7
    Nexus 4
    Nexus 10
    Galaxy Nexus
    Sony Xperia Z

Not working on:
    Motorola xt907
    Xperia V
    ???

Changes:

0.95:
    - Trigger now auto hides (become transparent) in full screen apps like YouTube, video and games. You can still show Quick NavBar with swipe in full screen.
    - Added built in themes: NEXUS, NEXUS2, GALAXY, XPERIA, RAZR, HONEYCOMB
    - Custom... theme - user can select custom images for buttons.

0.95-dev1
    - Trigger now is hidden automatically in videos and other full screen apps. It still works with swipe up.
    - Fixed: Google Now button sometimes stays on screen.

0.94:
    - Theming. Select any PNG for buttons: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1413582
    - Shortcut to show Quick NavBar. If you like Quick NavBar, now you can disable trigger and use GMD Gesture Control to show it.
    - Short Google Now button delay.
    - Button spacing slider
    - Trigger color picker and transparency slider.
    - Support for devices without soft buttons - Galaxy Note's and similar phones.
    - Changed auto hide delay slider to milliseconds.

0.94-dev2:
    - Added theming. Select any PNG for buttons. You can find soft keys collection here, but any other transparent PNG will work too.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2005937&highlight=soft+buttons
    - Added shortcut to show Quick NavBar. This is mainly for integration with Gesture Control. If you like Quick NavBar, now you can disable trigger and show it with any custom gesture.
    - Reduced Google Now delay. If you had problems before, let me know if this version improves the delay.

0.94-dev:
    - Added button spacing slider
    - Added 0.5s delay for Google Now button
    - Added trigger color picker and transparency slider. Also decoupled trigger sensitivity slider from trigger visible height. Visible height will be always the same now.
    - Added support for devices without soft buttons - go figure :eek:, some users asked option to use Quick NavBar on Note's and similar phones.
    - Changed auto hide delay slider to milliseconds for finer adjustment.
    - other small bug fixes.

0.93:
    - Added Google Now button when Home is hovered. Added animation.
    - Added option to hide QuickNav bar when empty space on bar is pressed.
    - Added option to keep/hide QuickNav bar when pressed anywhere else on scren.
    - Added option to delay bar hide after pressing soft button. Pressing new button resets delay.

0.93-dev:
    - Added Google to Home button.

0.92:
    - Added Quick NavBar transparency slider.
    - Uploaded new version to Play Store.

0.91-dev:
    - Added Paranoid Android support
    - Added Extended Mode (full screen) button to Quick NavBar in Paranoid Android.

0.9:
    - Added IAP key purchase.
    - Published in Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys

0.8:
    - New icon
    - Added auto start on boot option
    - Added launcher shortcuts: show, hide, toggle soft keys

0.7:
    - Added Trigger position, width and size options.
    - Added Quick NavBar size option.
    - Added option to auto hide NavBar when selected buttons are clicked.

0.6:
    - Fixed: FC in some cases.

0.5:
    - Added 'Spoof soft keys' option.
    - Added notification option with soft keys toggle.

0.4:
    - Added UI mode detection.
    - Fixed: status bar replacement stop working.
    - Adjusted buttons size.

0.3:
    - Added ability to swipe on buttons after showing autohide bar without releasing screen.
    - Bugfixes

0.2:
    - Fixed buttons layout.
    Still working on it, finalizing features for first version :fingers-crossed:
    So, I was able to spoof soft buttons for Android. I will upload an update later today. I added option for spoof and when its ON, Android thinks that soft keys are visible. One known problem is that then it leaves a wallpaper gap on the bottom, so option is set to OFF by default. On bright side, menu buttons are displayed as usual when keys are spoofed.

At the moment I no plans to merge with other apps. Coding UI tweaks is easy. Tricky part here was to hide soft keys. And I like how I can show bar and click button with one swipe in my app ;) Anyway there will be option to turn off trigger and everyone will be free to use any other app for bar replacemen :highfive:.
    First of all I want to thank you! This app is amazing and helpfull

I've made an icon for you. Hope you like it!