[4.4.x] Dark-themed Google Dialer

Search This thread

Desno365

May 31, 2013
Milan
desno365.net
I made for you a zip package to revert to STOCK dialer (KOT49H deodexed), here is the link ;)

Thanaya I have a suggestion for you: is it possible to make a version with blank dial pad and blank numbers?

EDIT: I can confirm that your mod works with ART

Last edited:
Reactions: lastsamuraial

tsatomas

Feb 5, 2012
Athens
Together with ROM dialer it works perfect on my sgs with omni Mackay 4,4.2.
Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
Looks like stock avatars for contacts is white. Cataclysm ROM for N5

I am seeing same on KagnaKat - stock avatar is white, but also noticed that "last call" block or whatever it is called at the top is also white unlike the screenshots in the OP. This is grey version, also.

Still, looks much better than the blindingly white dialer Google gives us :good:

Screenshot_2013-12-24-21-01-14.png

Last edited:

spart'84120

Aug 1, 2012
It's a ****ing good job you made man but this google dialer doesn't work on Ose rom . any chance you make the same on CM dialer ?

Envoyé depuis mon XT925 avec Tapatalk

tsatomas

Feb 5, 2012
Athens
It's a ****ing good job you made man but this google dialer doesn't work on Ose rom . any chance you make the same on CM dialer ?

Envoyé depuis mon XT925 avec Tapatalk

Did you try to have both dialers in priv app? In this way it worked in omni(and i use shortcuts etc to this dialer only)

Thanaya

Jan 8, 2013
Hello everyone, and Merry Christmas! :D
First of all, sorry for my absence for the last few days, university life has been hectic here..

Thanks
Can you make black hangout and black contact theme app?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I plan on making a dark contacts app when i am free. Hopefully i can by the end of next week.

I made for you a zip package to revert to STOCK dialer (KOT49H deodexed), here is the link ;)

Thanaya I have a suggestion for you: is it possible to make a version with blank dial pad and blank numbers?

Thanks mate for the zip and your confirmation. :good:
Can you please elaborate more on 'blank dial pad and blank numbers'? I don't quite understand.. Do you mean a transparent dialpad?

I am seeing same on KagnaKat - stock avatar is white, but also noticed that "last call" block or whatever it is called at the top is also white unlike the screenshots in the OP. This is grey version, also.

Still, looks much better than the blindingly white dialer Google gives us :good:

Yep, sorry about that. I forgot to add support for XXHDPI in my last version. I will release a new version by next week. Please wait patiently. ;)

I answer my own Question. It does work! Great job! Where can we donate for you. This is big Christmas present! Again great work

sent from my NEXUS 5 using BEANSTALK LINARO ROM

Haha, as much as i would love the extra money (i am kind of broke here), i only do this as a hobby. I simply wanted to share my work as no one else has ever made a dark dialer app. Thanks for the offer though!

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
For all of you non Nexus 5 guys (like me) that like to flash nightlies, this method is THE way to go:

On your initial clean flash of an AOSP rom, boot it up first (do not flash any dialers), set it up, then boot recovery and flash the PA (paranoid Android) Google dialer module. REBOOT!! Then reboot recovery and flash the modded dialer from here.... Done! You will now have the modded dialer remain through dirty flashes because the PA recovery script is not overwritten when flashing the modded dialer. Get the PA dialer here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone.

The one thing i dislike about Kitkat is the white-themed phone app. It feels out of place among the dark holo themed apps. So here i present to you all my dark-themed Googledialer.apk.

I have created 2 variations, one with dark holo background (see 1st picture) and another with a gray background (see 2nd background). The one with the gray background looks more neat (in my opinion). :D Just flash in recovery as usual.

Holo.png
    Gray.png
    Missed.png

Changelog:

31/12/13 (V4 & V4.1)
    1. Made the incall dialpad numbers white.
    2. V4 and V4.1 are similar, but V4.1 has a less transparent dialpad.

30/12/13 (V3.1):
    1. Added V3.1 of both gray and holo versions. The only difference with V3 is a less transparent dialpad.

30/12/13 (V3):
    1. Added support for xxhdpi (thanks @matthew0776 for alerting me).
    2. Modified the dialpad to match it with the overall theme (the dialpad background is more transparent, the numbers are white and the blue bar at the bottom is now grey).

21/12/13 (V2):
    1. Used GoogleDialer version 1.01 as base.
    2. Updated some png files (thanks @matthew0776).
    3. Fixed call details screen font bug.
    4. Fixed orange color when longpressing a favorite contact (I think google fixed this, not me lol).
    5. Outgoing call screen is 'partially' transparent (the black and blue banners at the top are gone, but the buttons are still black). I made this in the first version itself, but forgot to mention it. :p

Bugs:
    1. The app settings page is still white. The pop-up showing contact details is also still white. Any help about this is appreciated.

Credits to:
    1. Banks because i used his flashable zip.
    2. @matthew0776 for his help with bugs and pngs.
    3. @Desno365 for help with a bug and confirming that the mod works with ART.
    4. @-CALIBAN666- for confirming that my app works with deodexed ROMs.
    5. Everyone visiting this thread for supporting my project! :victory:

This mode works in both odexed & deodexed ROMs, and in both dalvik and ART.

In my experience, this modified Googledialer.apk can coexist with the AOSP dialer (if it is present in your ROM). However, the AOSP dialer has to be in system/priv-app for this mod to function. If it is not, move it to system/priv-app before flashing this mod.

I plan to make the contacts app dark-themed as well when i am free. :D

Feedback is welcome. Thanks and enjoy! Press thanks if i helped you! :D

View attachment 2483688
    View attachment 2483689 (less transparent dialpad)
    View attachment 2483690
    View attachment 2483691 (less transparent dialpad)
    I have had some free time today, so new versions are up. :cool:

Changelog:

30/12/13:
    1. Added support for xxhdpi (thanks @matthew0776 for alerting me).
    2. Modified the dialpad to match it with the overall theme (the dialpad background is more transparent, the numbers are white and the blue bar at the bottom is now grey).

Can somebody with an xxhdpi device confirm whether the white icon bugs are gone, as i do not own such device? A screenshot would be nice.
    Hello everyone, and Merry Christmas! :D
    First of all, sorry for my absence for the last few days, university life has been hectic here..

Thanks
    Can you make black hangout and black contact theme app?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I plan on making a dark contacts app when i am free. Hopefully i can by the end of next week.

Thanks mate for the zip and your confirmation. :good:
    Can you please elaborate more on 'blank dial pad and blank numbers'? I don't quite understand.. Do you mean a transparent dialpad?

Yep, sorry about that. I forgot to add support for XXHDPI in my last version. I will release a new version by next week. Please wait patiently. ;)

I answer my own Question. It does work! Great job! Where can we donate for you. This is big Christmas present! Again great work

sent from my NEXUS 5 using BEANSTALK LINARO ROM

Haha, as much as i would love the extra money (i am kind of broke here), i only do this as a hobby. I simply wanted to share my work as no one else has ever made a dark dialer app. Thanks for the offer though!

I think for this bug you have to change "res/drawable-xxxx/dialer_recent_card_bg.9.png" ;)

Yup I found it too and swapped it out... Lol I'll send Op png if he still needs it

9usy2agu.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

I also noticed this... Not sure if it's a quick fix or not...

a4ygusyj.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Oh wow, thanks guys! I was looking through styles.xml, color.xml and drawables the whole day with no luck.. Can't believe it was a png. :silly: I will make an updated version as soon as possible. Thanks!

Btw, can anyone confirm that it is working on ART? I cannot test it as i am using Xposed.

Edit: Hmm.. I just noticed the 'orange' bug.. I will look into it when i'm free.. I will also theme the people app when i'm free.. :D
    I flashed v3 holo, even though I like the change in color, the transparency makes it a little confusing with the contacts photo etc. I post a screenshot to see. I would like better less transparency (just my prefer, not demand or request). Great job, thank you

With less transparency it'll look perfect.
    +1 for that
    P. S. Works like a charm on xxdhpi
    a9ajajun.jpg

sent from Nexus 5

I actually thought it looked cool.. :p Haha.. Give me a day or 2 guys, i will change them. Thanks for confirming that it works in xxhdpi.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app